JAWS (VPX) PuP-Pack

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

And the tables are going live now. Thanks @randr! Welcome to the first two tables of the VPX PuP PostDMD world everyone. :yahoo:

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

For people with lcd screens this is very nicely done! Lynn did a great job and really is much better then ultradmd….but my cab has real vishay dmd so I can’t fully enjoy this new postdmd stuff as well as many will.

Great job @lynnindenver !

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

Additional thanks can be given to @nailbuster and @scottywic – without information from both of them and their examples, it wouldn’t have come off quite so quickly, or quite as well. :-)

Honestly? The whole impetus I got into was because of our own cabinet, it was something I only really started to make the two tables fit our PostDMD-style cabinet better, and to learn PuP. That it’s now out to not only be used by others, but to also be learned from by others, is a really big deal. We’re no longer limited to UltraDMD and DirectB2S Server for our scoring options, and that’s actually pretty neat.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Additional thanks can be given to @nailbuster and @scottywic – without information from both of them and their examples, it wouldn’t have come off quite so quickly, or quite as well. :-)

Honestly? The whole impetus I got into was because of our own cabinet, it was something I only really started to make the two tables fit our PostDMD-style cabinet better, and to learn PuP. That it’s now out to not only be used by others, but to also be learned from by others, is a really big deal. We’re no longer limited to UltraDMD and DirectB2S Server for our scoring options, and that’s actually pretty neat.

I’ve been wanting to remove my split bezel on my cabinet for quite a while now… especially since pup / popper came out!

These new standards certainly make me want to do that much more now!

LynnInDenver
            Participant
              @lynnindenver

I’ve been wanting to remove my split bezel on my cabinet for quite a while now… especially since pup / popper came out!

These new standards certainly make me want to do that much more now!

Do eet. Do eet. :yes:

Badazzwi
              Participant
                @badazzwi

I just recently redid my backbox setup for new speakers and plexi. I had a bezel covering most the laptop screen I use for dmd and at that time decided to leave the whole screen showing for toppers. Glad I did because it allows me to use the new PostDMD. Thank you Terry and Lynn.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

mon72
                Participant
                  @mon72

I have the pup pack working but not the DMD?

I have copied the DMD and TYPE folders to the JAWS Pupvideo folder.
                  But I don’t know what the correct settings in PUPeditor is…
                  and I can’t find the settings in the script file?

Sorry
                  mon72

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Did you update to the new version of the table too?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                    Participant
                      @lynnindenver

The setting is up at the top of the table script: Const ScoreType = 1, change the number to the type you want (2 for PuP DMD, 3 for PuP PostDMD. That’s the only table setting you need. There’s no need to mess with the PuP-Pack itself, the table script does all the heavy lifting from there.

If you need to set up the PostDMD screen position, use the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat in the PinUpSystem folder, and position the Music screen, that’s the one the table script will use to set up the PostDMD location.

mon72
                      Participant
                        @mon72

Nice
                        I have it working now but in the 1.0c version the playfield is a bit narrow
                        how can i change the size?
                        in the options tab?

LynnInDenver
                        Participant
                          @lynnindenver

Press f6 instead of f5, and that will take you into camera edit. Scale X is what you want.

newtopinball78
                          Participant
                            @newtopinball78

Great work guys and so user friendly with the options….you guys are taking it to the next level with these new packs…. look awesome and loving the post dmd!!

Badazzwi
                            Participant
                              @badazzwi

I love the new PostDMD but is it supposed to display more info? Such as barrel and orca hits that count down to multi ball. I am not getting that info from the PostDMD but I do get it from the UltraDMD.

LynnInDenver
                              Participant
                                @lynnindenver

I’ll have to have a look at it and determine if I missed some calls then.

LynnInDenver
                                Participant
                                  @lynnindenver

OK, not really that I missed some calls, I still had some score paging done incorrectly. Sideload this onto the table (rename it as you’ve got the table named, and put it in the same folder), and see if it does the business for you.

Attachments:
                                  1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Badazzwi
                                  Participant
                                    @badazzwi

Loaded it up and it seems to be working as it should. Thanks again Lynn for your PostDMD. I hope to see more tables with it in the future.

LynnInDenver
                                    Participant
                                      @lynnindenver

OK, good to verify. I’ll get it to @randr and see if he can update the main file.

dgrace
                                      Participant
                                        @dgrace

Solid pup pack. Pup packs i’d love to see in the future:

-Gremlins (FP)

-Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness (VPX)

-SouthPark (VPX)

– Butters (FX3)

-TMNT (vides from either the first movie or 1990s cartoon) VPX

– Resident Evil (VPX)

– Friday the 13th (VPX)

– The Simpsons (VPX)

– Pet Semetery (VPX)

– Child’s Play (VPX)

– Fintstones (VPX) – When the newer one is released

– Independence Day (VP9)

– Congo (VPX)

– King Kong (VPX)

– Dr. Who (VPX)

–  Family Guy (FX3)

– Bob’s Burgers (FX3)

– Deadpool (FX3)

– Jurassic World (FX3)

– The Adams Family (VPX)

– Predator (VPX)

– Son’s of Anarchy (VPX)

– Ghostbusters (Slimer) (VPX)

– Popeye Saves the Earth (VPX)

– Tales from the Crypt (VPX)

– Austin Powers (VPX)

– Basically any star wars table?

– I dream of Jeanie (VPX)

– Hook (VPX)

– Jetsons (Future Pinball)

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

Just upgraded to pinup 1.4 and this is a great pup pack, in fact they are all great.  I was hiding my eyes to  these as I was almost out of disc space, but now I’m free to add all these great add-ons

I will say @dgrace that it is disrespectful to have a wish list In my opinion, especially when posting it in multiple threads.  Yeah sure every table should have a pup pack, but just like every table built this stuff takes time and effort from the people that contribute.  I plan to try and build a pup pack or 2 this winter, maybe you should take 1 from your list and get started as well.

dgrace
                                          Participant
                                            @dgrace

Just upgraded to pinup 1.4 and this is a great pup pack, in fact they are all great.  I was hiding my eyes to  these as I was almost out of disc space, but now I’m free to add all these great add-ons

I will say @dgrace that it is disrespectful to have a wish list In my opinion, especially when posting it in multiple threads.  Yeah sure every table should have a pup pack, but just like every table built this stuff takes time and effort from the people that contribute.  I plan to try and build a pup pack or 2 this winter, maybe you should take 1 from your list and get started as well.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I also plan on trying to build my own pup pack in the future.

I respectfully disagree that it’s disrespectful for me to make suggestions or recommendations, which are way different than demands or expectations. I couldn’t find a specific forum for people to share ideas and suggestions regarding pup packs. I meant no disrespect. Have a great night.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 118 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?