Jive Time (Williams 1970)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Jive Time (Williams 1970)

It’s official and it’s only on vpinball.com.  The first ever released version of Jive Time on visual pinball (to my knowledge).

I’m very pleased with this build.  It was a ton fun putting together and I really feel like the look and feel and game play (physics) are true to the real table.  I tried to simulate the actual mechanical behavior of the machine and I’m very happy with the end result.

Options (at the top of the script):

• Balls per game: set to 3, 5 (default), or 10
      • West gate: 0 – keeps gate open until end of ball, 1 – will close when award is scored (default)
      • Restore game: 0 – will begin in game over at restart, 1 – remembers where you left off and will resume on restart (default)
      • Chimes:  0 – DOF chimes disabled (default), 1 – DOF chimes enabled
        • This table uses two bells.  The sounds were pulled from the actual machine and they are somewhat unique to this table, chimes don’t feel right

This download contains everything you should need.  FSS, FS, DT, POV, B2S, and media.  There are two backglasses, one with a border to help make the spinner wheel a little more proportional on a wide screen.

For those that haven’t tried FSS yet, I encourage you to try at least one game of this table in FSS mode.  Turn your screen to portrait, click the FSS box, then click the Test Desktop box.  While I will mostly play this on my cab, the FSS version is by far my favorite.  I feel like I’m sitting in front of the machine.  Check out the EM Reels and spinner (same as desktop).

Credits:

• Playfield: rothbauerw (redraw/clean-up), bord (stitch, and very well done!)
      • Backglass: rothbauerw
      • B2S: rothbauerw, STAT, randr
      • Primitives: bord, 32assassin, kiwi, acronovum
      • Misc: borgdog, loserman, randr, acronovum

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      xenonph
      Participant
        @xenonph
        MemberContributor

Can’t wait to try this out!!!

What a great collaboration with all the great Authors to bring this table to VP!!!!

Thanks goes to all of you!!

Thank you Bord, BorgDog, Loserman, Randr, Kiwi, STAT, 32assassin, Arconovum, and last but not least, THANK YOU Rothbauerw!!!

Your work for this community is definately appreciated!!

Carry on.

EDIT:

Table was approved and finally able to play it!!!

voted 5 Stars!!

Great physics and love the spinner, lighting, sounds, everything!!

And everything you need is all included!! Love it!!

Damn good job folks!!

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

This just made my Friday evening. Thanks RothbauerW and team!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@rothbauerw

You do great work thats for sure!

Thanks for the great table I still swear i had this in vp before!!!

Oh well i have it now thats for sure! great stuff as always  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Updon
            Participant
              @posty90

Plays nice, the reset table option had me wondering at first when after a game the bonus wouldn’t clear, love seeing these lesser tables, I think I was even eyeing this up a while back or one like it

arconovum
              Participant
                @nicholaschristopher
                MemberContributor

Very nice @rothbauerw will play that FSS tonight for sure..

EDIT: nice weight to the ball fore sure. got a decent score too 93K

1 user thanked author for this post.
                STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

What a Beauty :rose:
                  Thanks rothbauerw and the Guys who helped :good:
                  Right to my today’s Tournament with Friends B-)

Jopp
                  Participant
                    @joppnl

Thank you guys, lovely machine, great work and a great total package including everything a VP-addict needs with all the sound, backglasses, pov’s etc!

Great, big THANKS  :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

Interesting fun fact.  There are 69 white dots around the Jive Time logo.  Don’t ask me how I know that.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Really nice table Roth. Plays like a dream. Unfortunately the VP saucer bug hits in from time to time. :good:

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw

Really nice table Roth. Plays like a dream. Unfortunately the VP saucer bug hits in from time to time. :good:

Yeah, I’ve seen it a few times since I released it too.  Never really saw it in testing.  Try to raise the hit accuracy of the kickers to 0.75.  If that doesn’t do the trick, I might end up raising the playfield at some point.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Seems to work. I haven’t yet at least seen it happening. One thing though. Should really both pairs ( green or yellow ) bumpers fire even though only one is hit ? Seems kind of odd to me.

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw

Seems to work. I haven’t yet at least seen it happening. One thing though. Should really both pairs ( green or yellow ) bumpers fire even though only one is hit ? Seems kind of odd to me.

Yes, that’s how the real machine works.  And if you look closely, both kickers fire at the same time too.

arconovum
                              Participant
                                @nicholaschristopher
                                MemberContributor

Interesting fun fact. There are 69 white dots around the Jive Time logo. Don’t ask me how I know that.

Speaking of fun facts, I just modded Old Chicago, and the two ladies cajoling J.D. are twin sisters. Just thought I would add that.

robertms
                                Participant
                                  @mophead

Great game, surprisingly cool and involving for a 48-year old design. Gorgeous execution, plays fantastic. Many thanks Roth!

MisterB
                                  Participant
                                    @wz66h1

This couldn’t be better.  Greatly appreciated.  A great EM enjoyable to play over and over.  Nice work.  I am having trouble with the samples cutting out and back in every few seconds.  I’m sure it’s not the table as I do have a few other EM”s installed that do it as well. (Not all).  I have a virtua pin cabinet with a sound blaster audiology fx card.  With over 400 tables, only a few have this problem (all EM’s).  The problem exists outside of pinball x as well.  I appreciate any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Core I5 processor.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

@MisterB : It is kind of a guessing game when you don’t tell us exactly which other tables does have problems. And, exactly what version of VP you are running. Since I don’t have this problem I would suggest installing the latest version of VP. One thing you could do is to open a few tables that work and some that don’t. Open sound manager and export some sounds you know is making troubles and some that don’t. Run these through audacity or something and see if there are any pattern to why this happens. Maybe it is not VP related at all.

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw

I used audacity for some of the sound samples on this table.  Specifically, the bells, the spinner, and the motor running.  The exported file are at 48000 HZ (is it HZ or something else … if you can’t tell I’m a bit of an amateur at the sound stuff) .  Don’t know if that should be something different.  Which sounds are cutting out?

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

This table has some really nice features, thanks a lot for this great rebuild all involved.

MisterB
                                          Participant
                                            @wz66h1

Usually, it starts with hits on the pop bumpers (bells).  Was running a beta VPX 10.4, but upgraded to the final with no change.  VPINMAME is at 2.9, but this issue has persisted with a few VP9 tables as well.  I will take note of a few tables and add to the post.  I’ve tried different sound bit rates in control panel, but the issue is consistant.  I will take better note of the other tables that have th issue and repost.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?