Masters of the Universe (VPX) – PuP-Pack – Royal Boob Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    jdc78
    Participant
      @jdc78

If I start a new game really quick after another game this pup-pack is going silence and I have to reload the game to make the sound work again, any ideas ?

Great pup-pack anyways, really like it! :bye:

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

The pup-pack has no sound or music. That is all in the table.

Neppomuk80
        Participant
          @neppomuk80

Hi, were you able to resolve this? Because I have the same error :(
          3 screen setup

TerryRed
            @terryred

Hi, were you able to resolve this? Because I have the same error :(

3 screen setup

You should ask in the table thread… as this pup-pack has NO sound on it and has no control or bearing over the table’s audio.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Gipskatten
            Participant
              @gipskatten

Hi!

******************************* Not important stuff***************************

This will be my first post here. First of all let me just say WOW! I did not know such amazing digital pinball machines as you guys have existed. I have always loved pinball since I was a kid in the 80’s and I have always dreamed about having a real machine but the prices and availability here in Sweden have never made it possible for me. A couple of years ago I got into playing pinball on pinball Arcade on the iPad and was hooked again. I even got the worlds second highest score on medieval madness. It was all fun and games until my best friend crushed my record and got the worlds highest score. I tried to beat him for a couple of months but really didn’t have a chance. Then I had a kid and kind of got out of touch with pinball for a while. Two weeks ago I was building an arcade joystick for Retropie when I suddenly realized that I could make a digital pinball cabinet. To be honest I had never even seen one before that. Well now I am absolutely obsessed with this and have been working to get a nice setup every hour that I have been awake.

******************************* Not important stuff***************************

TO THE ISSUE AT HAND….

I am also getting the error Active X and create object  Ultra DM.DMDObject on line 6043 when I use masters of the universe 1_0b.vpx and on line 5495 when I tried the 1_0a.vpx file.

Since I am new to all this I have really put an effort in following the video tutorials on setting everything up and freezy and b2s work fine now. I have gotten a PUP pack to run on X men but the DMD goes behind the backglass as soon as a video starts.

This Heman looks AMAZING with the pup animations but I am stuck at this point. I have tried downloading another Ultra DMD setup.ini file and creating a new XDMD folder as somebody suggested that. It didn’t help unfortunately.

I have 3 screens connected.. I have build a provisory cab with 2 flipper buttons and a plunger button for now. I got a 32 inch tv for the playing field and two 24 monitors for the extras. I am planning on getting a 4k tv and making a proper cabinet and adding as many features as possible as I learn to understand this. I am sure that I will have a lot of stupid questions now in the beginning but I promise to make up for it as soon as I learn how it works I will help to answer some questions as well.

Thanks for the great help and effort you put in to this Terry Red! For the last few nights I have being dreaming about having you as a neighbor!

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

Did you try changing ScoreType to either 2 or 3 to change from UltraDMD to PuP DMD/PostDMD? Or is it the same error with those?

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Gipskatten
                Participant
                  @gipskatten

No I haven’t tried that. Where do I change those settings?
                  Thank you for your suggestion

LynnInDenver
                  Participant
                    @lynnindenver

Near the top of the script in the table. There will be a line for ScoreType=1.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

lonegreyride
                    Participant
                      @lonegreyride

Hi all, new here, and really appreciate all the great tables, pup-packs, and instructions (feel like I know Terry after all the videos lol).

Anyway, just wanted to clear up – there is no way to get this to work on a single-screen desktop if the pup-on-top bat files don’t work? Everything runs for me, but the backglass videos are behind the table, so all I see is the overlay. If I right-click on a “space” in the overlay I see the videos playing, but when the table takes focus, they disappear again.

I’m very new to all of this. Is there anything I can try changing in the .bat file to see if the videos get to the right… z-layer? Or however I should phrase that.

Appreciate any help, and either way, I’ll enjoy this table.

Edit: I should also note that my video/graphics settings are as suggested by Terry in several videos and posts i.e. windowed fullscreen set and exclusive fullscreen off.

7x4x1z
                      Participant
                        @cookieraid

Hi all, new here, and really appreciate all the great tables, pup-packs, and instructions (feel like I know Terry after all the videos lol).

Anyway, just wanted to clear up – there is no way to get this to work on a single-screen desktop if the pup-on-top bat files don’t work? Everything runs for me, but the backglass videos are behind the table, so all I see is the overlay. If I right-click on a “space” in the overlay I see the videos playing, but when the table takes focus, they disappear again.

I’m very new to all of this. Is there anything I can try changing in the .bat file to see if the videos get to the right… z-layer? Or however I should phrase that.

Appreciate any help, and either way, I’ll enjoy this table.

Edit: I should also note that my video/graphics settings are as suggested by Terry in several videos and posts i.e. windowed fullscreen set and exclusive fullscreen off.

This is what works for me. Open ‘Pup Pack Editor’ and try these settings:

Editor MOTU

lonegreyride
                        Participant
                          @lonegreyride

Thanks so much for the quick reply! That fixed it. I only had to change the last one, Other2, to ForceOn, and it’s now loading perfectly.

Greatly appreciated. :good:

7x4x1z
                          Participant
                            @cookieraid

Glad it works for you. :good:

Gipskatten
                            Participant
                              @gipskatten

I have been out sick for a couple of days but I got it working by installing Flex DMD.

I love the game and the graphics! However I cant get the backglass to cover the whole second monitor. When I say full screen it covers the full with and the bottom 2 3ds of the height. I am able to drag it so it covers the whole thing but then it warns me to readjust it and automatically set it to low again. Suggestions?

I am using 2 screens at the moment.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

I have been out sick for a couple of days but I got it working by installing Flex DMD.

I love the game and the graphics! However I cant get the backglass to cover the whole second monitor. When I say full screen it covers the full with and the bottom 2 3ds of the height. I am able to drag it so it covers the whole thing but then it warns me to readjust it and automatically set it to low again. Suggestions?

I am using 2 screens at the moment.

If pup is warning you…. then your problem is how you have your 2nd monitor positioned in Windows. It’s in a negative value position (above, or to the left of your primary monitor). Even if it’s only a few pixels off it will cause problems.

Use you GPU driver to position your monitors, not Windows Display settings (it is terrible at positioning perfectly). After that is done then reposition your pup displays using Quick Position. If everything was setup correctly, you should be able to get it to work. You may “initially” get a warning until its positioned correct. Look at the x and y position values, then you size values to make sure they make sense.

Gipskatten
                                Participant
                                  @gipskatten

Thanks! I figured it out on my own eventually. The problem and solution was excactly what you said! The only issue remaining now is that sometimes the DMD falls beneath the backglass as soon as a videoanimation is triggered. That issue is not table specific however.

scampa123
                                  Participant
                                    @scampa123

I really like this table and PUP, especially since I remember this cartoon so well from my youth!!

I have a few questions on getting this running correctly…

1. Is it normal for this VPX table to take a loooong time to load?  Also, I’m launching from Popper and while the game loads I see UltraDMD load, then everything “sits” there..then eventually the playfield video goes away and I see the desktop for a 5-6secs, then the playfield comes back and the table is fully loaded…

*edit* I removed the PUP and timed the table launch and it takes over 1.5mins to load the table itself…I am opening a question on the table support topic on this. still want to be sure I am using the PUP correctly though….

2. I’m also wondering if I have this setup correctly for my cabinet..

My cabinet has 4 screens I have a topper video (top of backglass-type-topper-not-dmd-topper), Backglass, 16×9 LCD screen for DMD, 4k playfield…

Should I use text-on-backglass? Topper files? Under files? PostDMD? PUPDMD?

3. I noticed in the install instructions I should turn off any keep screen on settings, however what would I do to have a DMD underlay video?  Is that possible?  I’d like to fill my 16×9 DMD and was planning to use Andrew Walsh’s DMD video (if possible)…

I’m assuming that maybe my loading issues has to do with me selecting the wrong choices. (User error!)

Thank you!!

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Table can take along time to load because of the 100s of jpg images used for the pf videos.

PostDMD is the same thing as FullDMD. So no need for underlays, as you can use the PostDMD option to fill your FullDMD.

LynnInDenver
                                      Participant
                                        @lynnindenver

I used PostDMD for the name because there was at least one pinball show using that term for anything that uses an LCD screen for the scoreboard (specifically, it was mentioned in the “best of” homebrew pinball award given to Undertale that I saw the term). But it is basically FullDMD.

Also, there’s an option in the script that will TURN OFF the animated video “billboard” behind He-Man (shuts off the animation and hides the object on the table), that may help your loading time.

scampa123
                                        Participant
                                          @scampa123

What is weird is I tried the same versions on my desktop computer with lesser specs and it started right up with the billboard on.

Is there a place that VPX stores game state to? Like a temp dir that I may need to clean?  I checked for NVRAM, but I guess that’s only for ROM based games.

I was thinking maybe there is some remnant that is having issues that I could clean out….

Thanks again!

scampa123
                                          Participant
                                            @scampa123

Okay, I did more testing…I see some very clear, odd behavior..

If I have the table in any other folder than my C:\Visual Pinball\Tables folder (desktop, Tables2, etc) and launch the table it starts up lightening fast (with the billboard of 100s of images!)…..

I cannot explain why this table will not start properly in the Tables folder.  I’ve deleted/copied new versions etc.  There is something about it being in this folder.

I had Windows scan the C drive but found no issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  (btw I know this is beyond a PUP pack discussion at this point, but I feel bad about opening new posts, when I have one here and for the table itself)…

Thanks again!

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 151 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?