Masters of the Universe (VPX) – PuP-Pack – Royal Boob Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

The bottom line is….something in your setup of either windows or PuP is the issue….assuming there isn’t anything in the background running causing an issue.

I’ve heard this from others before saying that “other pack work fine, why not this?

Some other packs out there that use an Overlay are Tron 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 (not Max Pack), T2, The Soccer one, Transformers, MOTU, and The Dark Knight.

AFM, Batman, Tron Max Pack and others don’t use an Overlay, so they won’t bring up the same problem you are having.

99% of the time the issue was they either missed something in the PuP setup, or they didn’t have Windows setup correctly. The other times it was something else on their system causing problems.

Please make sure you didn’t miss anything in the install process:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Then…you can test any PuP-Pack without even running a table. Run the PinupPlayerTestPack.exe, then enter “motu” for the name, and INIT. This will startup the pack. Do this on a clean bootup with nothing else running, and see if the pack loads up normally. My guess is PuP is crashing for you guys.

Shadow
      Participant
        @shadowshd

Thanks Terry ;)

The PuP-Pack runs every time within PinupPlayerTestPack.exe, I can trigger events like the attract mode without any issues and no crashes.

I’ve just found the origin of the issue : UltraDMD v1.4.

Went back to UltraDMD v1.3 and everything runs flawlessly and every time :)

So everyone here having the exact same issue of no castle overlay and no videos playing please try replacing UltraDMD v1.4 executable with the v1.3 one (no need to register UltraDMD again, just rename v1.4 exe to UltraDMD1.4.exe for example and rename v1.3 exe to UltraDMD.exe) to be sure it’s not only on my side.

Note : my UltraDMD setup is in C:\Visual Pinball\XDMD.

Now I’ll take a look on how to make UltraDMD v1.4 works with PinUpDisplay.exe.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Since the “locale” problem with UltraDMD and Jaws. I’ve been in contact with UltraPeepi and I reported those problems to him. My impression was that he was going to look at the code when he had the time.  I’ve added this report from you @Shadow to the message thread. This as a information to you guys.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Shadow
          Participant
            @shadowshd

Thanks @Thalamus  :good:

Some time ago we’ve had a Windows local issue with HorsePin’s Evil Dead : if you had a french Windows setup the game won’t launch and crash, but if you set your keyboard to Belgium then the game runs without any issues.

I’ve just set my system to USA regional settings and the game runs fine with UltraDMD v1.4 ; reverted to french (France) local settings and the game still runs fine, but TT & NZ Champions League doesn’t work anymore with an error line 1 alert  :scratch:

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

Nice fine – Shadow

on Masters of the Universe

It never dawned on me that It might have something to do with ultraDMD….
              try ultraDMD-1.3 but there was no change

I tried something different I removed this file “DmdDevice.dll” v1.7.1 from the ultraDMD folder everything works fine using ultraDMD-1.4

Shadow
              Participant
                @shadowshd

Yeah that’s really weird : I’ve set my system back to French (France), reinstalled UltraDMD v1.4 over itself and MOTU + PuP-Pack are always running fine with no issues now  :yes:

I cannot live without DMDDevice.dll as I have a Pin2DMD device ;)

I’ve tested a few UltraDMD tables after that and the only one that doesn’t run anymore is Champions League but maybe it’s from a long time and I didn’t noticed before, as I’m not a soccer fan I don’t really play with it ^^

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

“I’ve tested a few UltraDMD tables after that and the only one that doesn’t run anymore is Champions League but maybe it’s from a long time and I didn’t noticed before, as I’m not a soccer fan I don’t really play with it ^^”

I was going to help you with CL until you said you’re not a soccer fan…..

so you’re not allowed to read the following:

if you have line1 error on champions league its a very good chance that you have windows defender running that will stop it with an error line1 issue.  tt&nz are using IE component on that table and AV doesn’t like it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  outhere
                    @outhere

I cannot live without DMDDevice.dll as I have a Pin2DMD device ;)  <–same here

reinstalled UltraDMD v1.4 over itself  <– I will try this

outhere
                      @outhere

I put the DMDDevice.dll file back in the UltraDMD folder

I reinstalled UltraDMD v1.4  as you suggested and everything works fine

When I 1st set up my pin2DMD about 7 weeks ago..

I added these 2 files to the UltraDMD folder

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/XDMD

These are the Files that are causing the Pub pack to fail (For me anyways)

For a test –> As soon as I put these files back in to the UltraDMD Folder the Pub pack to fails..

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Sounds like the issue may be related to the version of dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini that ultradmd is using.

PuP uses the newest version 1.71 or higher. This is now a requirement for PuP installs as newer pup-packs need this newer version.

MOTU doesn’t use dmddevice.dll (in VPinMAME) as it doesn’t use PuPCapture like other packs do….but there probably is a version conflict happening, or maybe 2 different sessions of dmddevice.dll are being forced? One from pup when b2s server inits, and another from ultradmd?

Try making sure the freezy files (dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini) being used in both locations (VPinMAME, and UltraDMD) are the same at least and see if that is the issue.

Edit: Also copy over the dmddevicepup,dll to UltraDMD folder as well in case its needed…. make sure no files are blocked.

outhere
                          @outhere

I have version 1.71 in  VPinMAME, and UltraDMD

I will add this dmddevicepup,dll to UltraDMD folder

Below was causing Pub pack to fail for me

For a test –> As soon as I put these files back in to the UltraDMD Folder the Pub pack to fails..

Thanks for your help and all your hard work

TerryRed did you see this

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pup-pack-editor-custompos/page/2/#post-104323

TerryRed
                            @terryred

I have version 1.71 in VPinMAME, and UltraDMD

I will add this dmddevicepup,dll to UltraDMD folder

Below was causing Pub pack to fail for me

Thanks for your help and all your hard work

–

TerryRed did you see this

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pup-pack-editor-custompos/page/2/#post-104323

I replied to your other post.

Yah, those xdmd files are 2 years old….and also if you are using 64bit files…maybe those can cause additional issues?

I know plenty of others including rablack has a Pin2DMD and has it all working nicely.

It’s hard for me to help since I don’t have a Pin2DMD.

outhere
                              @outhere

I am using the 32 bit

Yes they are old but the ones that come with UltraDMD are older, That’s why I used them

I’m guessing but the others may have not used those files but I am all set now

outhere
                                @outhere

It would appear I have it working and the reason I say that is I thought I had it working earlier

I need These 2 files so UltraDMD will talk to my pin2DMD

In UltraDMD I replaced the dmddevice.dll 1.7.1  file with the one from the latest version of pinballx and now the Pub pack Loads up like

it should and the info appears On the Pin2DMD

I tried putting this dmddevicepup,dll file in the UltraDMD folder but it stop the UltraDMD from loading no matter which dmddevice.dll I had in the folder

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

So using an older version of dmddevice.dll is probably not enabling pupcapture and that is why it is working. That shouldn’t be an issue because an UltraDMD table has no need for PuPCapture.

Shadow
                                  Participant
                                    @shadowshd

I was going to help you with CL until you said you’re not a soccer fan…..

so you’re not allowed to read the following:

if you have line1 error on champions league its a very good chance that you have windows defender running that will stop it with an error line1 issue. tt&nz are using IE component on that table and AV doesn’t like it.

Thanks for the tip @Nailbuster, I added VPX to Windows Defender exclusions and CL runs fine again  :good:

That shouldn’t be an issue because an UltraDMD table has no need for PuPCapture.

Weird, if I add dmddevicePUP.dll to XDMD folder and launch the table I get this :

Capture d’écran 2018-11-19 à 16.53.05

“Line 6723 : distant server doesn’t exists or is unavailable”

More weird : yesterday the table + PuP-Pack worked fine, today I boot up my pincab and have the issue again (no castle overlay + no videos + PinUpDisplay.exe freezing) without modifying anything except adding VPX exe and folder to Windows Defender exceptions  :scratch:

When I exit VPX I still have the frozen PuP on my backglass and if I manually kill the UltraDMD.exe process then PinUpDisplay.exe exits properly.

So I’ve just have done more testing to try to narrow down things with UltraDMD v1.4 :

Originals XDMD.dll + XDMDnative.dll + latest Freezy’s DMDdevice.dll : PuP OK | Pin2DMD KO

Latest Lucky1’s XDMD.dll + XDMDnative.dll + latest Freezy’s DMDdevice.dll : PuP KO | Pin2DMD OK

Latest Lucky1’s XDMD.dll + XDMDnative.dll + latest Lucky1’s DMDdevice.dll : PuP OK | Pin2DMD OK

At this time my best setup for the table and PuP-Pack to run without issues is to use Lucky1’s dll in my XDMD folder.

digable
                                    Participant
                                      @digable

I lost the play field sounds and call outs when i added the pup stuff.  Is there something i miss config’d or need to check?

outhere
                                        @outhere

Latest version of UltraDMD  — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cant-create-object-ultradmd-dmdobject-windows-10/?view=all#post-194336

For UltraDMD or XDMD
                                        I forgot all about Lucky1’s file (DMDdevice.dll) thanks for reminding me
                                        I am using Lucky1’s XDMD.dll,  XDMDnative.dll, DMDdevice.dll : And all is good
                                        I need These 3 files so UltraDMD will talk to my pin2DMD

The latest PIN2DMD files can be found here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD
                                        Click Download, After download is complete unzip it somewhere you can find it…
                                        Look in the integration folder
                                        Look in the pinmame folder for dmddevice.dll
                                        Look in the XDMD folder for XDMD.dll and XDMDnative.dll
                                        Put them in the UltraDMD or XDMD Folder (Whatever you may have)

I also added support for commas in the score with UltraDMD Games
                                        More Info
                                        https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38755&p=419373
                                        https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/adding-commas-to-ultradmd-score/#post-106715

NailBuster
                                          @nailbuster
                                          ModeratorMember

for people trying to debug the xdmd folder with ultradmd/real-dmds.

is there another dmddevice.ini in the xdmd folder (separate from the one in vpinmame?).  if so, you should try and set pinup=false and make sure video=false in that dmddevice.ini as there should be no reason to use pupcapture with ultradmd tables.

outhere
                                            @outhere

Just tried this idea and it did not work using Freezy’s DMDdevice.dll the PuP-Pack Freezes

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 151 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?