Masters of the Universe (VPX) – PuP-Pack – Royal Boob Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/masters-of-the-universe-vpx-pup-pack-royal-boob-edition/

Experience the power of Grayskull with my all-new “Masters of the Universe (VPX) PuP-Pack – Royal Boob Edition”. I took my Future Pinball Mastered mod, and gave it the power of Pinup Player!

Featuring:

– overlay Castle Grayskull image

– background “sky” layer that changes for each multiball mode, and also will strike lightning when you press the left and right flippers during normal gameplay modes. (it will delay between lightning strikes, so don’t go crazy expecting a nutty lightning storm)

– Castle “eyes” layer will glow and change colour for each game mode, and some game events

– Castle “mouth” layer will play videos for various in game events and modes.

– 2 packs to choose from: “Text on the Backglass”, and “No Text on the Backglass”

– new “Text on Topper or Under” screen “option”. Plays videos of all the animated text (and logo) with a nice castle stone backdrop, on your Topper or Under screen.  Toppers are 21:9 (1920×822), and Unders are a wider ratio (1920×562)

– new PuPDMD and PostDMD files by LynnInDenver. These will allow to use a modern LCD displays for PuP based scoring with animated backgrounds. You can use these to display your scores instead of UltraDMD. PuPDMD is for LCD DMDs and PostDMD is for full-size 16:9 modern Stern-style displays.

A video preview of the PuP-Pack with the VPX table can be seen here:

System:  Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

Credits:

– PuP-Pack was created by: TerryRed

– the original (stunning) Castle Grayskull image was made by Ankit Bhatnagar.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Vvynn

– The Castle Grayskull image was edited and made into an Overlay frame by Tarcisio Caleiro.

– Topper and Under Castle Stone backdrop video by Tarcisio Caleiro.

– The video effects were created by AA VFX:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCilPIl-SwFbtsoH8WLnvlfA

– The Visual Pinball X conversion (of Rom’s excellent Future Pinball original table) was converted by randr.

– Pinup Player (the software that plays the active video backglass) was created by Nailbuster.

– PuPDMD and PostDMD files were created by LynnInDenver

This PuP-Pack uses the following PuP-screens:

Screen 2 – Backglass (Underlay Video Layer)

Screen 7 – Other1/Backglass 2 (Mouth Videos)

Screen 8 – Other2/Topper 2 (Eyes)

Screen 0 – Topper (Text) “Optional”

Overlay – Castle Frame Layer (assigned to screen 2)

Important! If you have ANY of the above PuP screens “rotated” in the PuP default settings (you shouldn’t though), then those same screens will also be rotated in this PuP-Pack!

2 Screen Users: Please note that I DO NOT have a 2 screen setup for this pack.There simply isn’t enough space for a DMD and the videos with Text,etc to work properly. The Overlay image can be edited to make room for the DMD if you want (remove the bottom area of the Castle mouth). Combining that with the “No Text on BG” PuP-Pack would be your best option.

=============================================================

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Masters of the Universe (VPX) table: This PuP-Pack will only work with the VPX version of the table found at this link. You need the latest update to use the PuPDMD and PostDMD files.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/masters-of-the-universefp-conversion/

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server, and UltraDMD):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PINUP SYSTEM (1.3.7 or higher):

PinUP System 1.3.7 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don’t get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of the VPX “Masters of the Universe” table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your table it won’t launch the directb2s!

FRONT-END MEDIA DISABLED FOR “Masters of the Universe” TABLE:

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

Pinball X: In Games Manager, make sure you have “Hide Topper” and “Hide Backglass” enabled for the table you are using.

Popper: In Games Manager, for the table you are using, enter -1 In the “Keep Displays ON” field (to not use Popper media on ALL Displays when launching the table)

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos” “motu” folder (if that folder already exists).

Choose either “Text on Backglass”, or “No Text on Backglass” PuP-Pack.

Copy the PuP-Pack “motu” folder from the PuP-Pack zip archive (of your choice) into your “PUPVideos” folder.

Optional “Text on Topper or Under Videos”:

This “option” plays videos of all the animated text (and logo) with a nice castle stone backdrop, on your Topper or Under screen. This can be used with any version of the PuP-Pack.

Copy the files from your choice of the Topper (21:9 ratio) or Under (wider ratio) zip, into the “PUPVideos” “motu” folder, overwriting all files! (you must copy all files for it to work).

Note: Adding the “Topper – Under option” will overwrite all of the pup-pack settings! (as its needed for the topper videos to work). If you have a custom layout (different CustomPos, etc) of the pup-pack that was previously installed… make sure you backup your current screens.pup file for the pup-pack so you can copy over your settings to the new screens.pup file.

NEW! Optional PuPDMD and PostDMD files from LynnInDenver:

– new PuPDMD and PostDMD files by LynnInDenver. These will allow to use a modern LCD displays for PuP based scoring with animated backgrounds. You can use these to display your scores instead of UltraDMD. PuPDMD is for LCD DMDs and PostDMD is for full-size 16:9 modern Stern-style displays.

-simply copy the DMD and FONTS folders from the Jaws_PupDMD_PostDMD.zip to your “motu” pup-pack folder. Then choose which option you want in the table script.

-if using PuPDMD, make sure your PuP DMD display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings.

-if using PostDMD, make sure your PuP Music display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings (this is used for size and position reference).

“EYES” of Castle Grayskull:

– if you don’t want the Castle Grayskull “eyes” to change (and stay black), then edit the PuP-Pack and set Screen 8 to OFF, and SAVE the PuP-Pack.

Alternate “Castle Mouth” Default Background Videos:

– the default “Background” Castle Mouth video that will play (when no other videos are playing) is located in the “Background – BG” folder. If you wish to use another video instead, I have included other videos you can use. They are located in the “Background – BG – Alternates” folder. Simply replace the video file in “Background – BG” with your preferred video file from the “Background – BG – Alternates” folder.

Make your own “Castle Mouth” and “Sky Glow” Default Background Videos:

– in the “Background – BG – Alternates” folder, I have also included the transparency files I used for creating the nice “shadowed” Castle Mouth videos, as well as the “Glow” for the Sky videos. You can use them with your favorite Video Editor to create your own videos to use if you want!

Note: 

“Castle Mouth” videos “must” be 1280×960, mp4, 30fps

“Sky Glow” videos “must” be 1920×1080, mp4, 30fps

This is to make sure they are in the same format as the other videos used. If they are in a different resolution or format, then you will get an ugly “blink” between each video, and it will look like ass.

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NOTE: There WILL be additional versions of the PuP-Pack coming that will support Topper and Under setups. This will most likely have ALL Text being displayed on a Topper – Under instead of the Backglass. Keep an eye out for that!

Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

Masters of the Universe (VPX) table: This PuP-Pack will only work with the new version of the VPX table found at this link (0.9a beta or higher):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/masters-of-the-universefp-conversion/

A video preview of the PuP-Pack with the VPX table can be seen here:

A new “full gameplay” video of me playing randr’s VPX conversion of Masters of the Universe in my cabinet running my new PuP-Pack with the “Text on Topper” option, as well as my DOF and addressable led effects for the table. I recorded this using a dollar store “bendy” cell phone clip and my cell phone. Works pretty good!

NOTE: There WILL be additional versions of the PuP-Pack coming that will support Topper and Under setups. This will most likely have ALL Text being displayed on a Topper – Under instead of the Backglass. Keep an eye out for that!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        TerryRed
          @terryred

Here are some screenshots of the various modes. You can see how the different PuP layers can change out the videos independently to allow for more flexibility.

The “Sky”, “Eyes”, “Mouth” each are their own PuP screen. The Castle is the Overlay image frame.

Queniart
          Participant
            @queniart62

Bonsoir terry voila g poster mon problem avec la casse force fullscreen Mode coche mais table tourne nikel mais voila puppack son decale peut on regler le problem ou il y a rien affaire et bravo pour tous se que vous faite encore merci Et a tous seux qui font les tables  :good:

Attachments:
            TerryRed
              @terryred

“EYES” of Castle Grayskull:

– if you don’t want the Castle Grayskull “eyes” to change (and stay black), then edit the PuP-Pack and set Screen 8 to OFF, and SAVE the PuP-Pack.

Alternate “Castle Mouth” Default Background Videos:

– the default “Background” Castle Mouth video that will play (when no other videos are playing) is located in the “Background – BG” folder. If you wish to use another video instead, I have included other videos you can use. They are located in the “Background – BG – Alternates” folder. Simply replace the video file in “Background – BG” with your preferred video file from the “Background – BG – Alternates” folder.

I have versions with and without the logo.

kds70
              Participant
                @kds70

Thaaaank you for this release; trying it soon … :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

TerryRed
                  @terryred

2 Screen Cabinet Users: Please note that I DO NOT have a 2 screen setup for this pack.There simply isn’t enough space for a DMD and the videos with Text,etc to work properly. Maybe when I add Topper support I will include a new Overlay frame for you guys to try.

Desktop single screen Users: I don’t think this pack can work correctly with a Borderless Fullscreen Desktop view setup…as the videos layers will get Forced Back behind the VPX window.

robertms
                  Participant
                    @mophead

Hey Terry, this is super high quality stuff, you nailed it once again! Way to give new life to an FP game guys, between porting it to VPX and the PuP treatment it’s become a whole new experience. This is Jersey Jack quality in Virtual Pinball  :good:

LynnInDenver
                    Participant
                      @lynnindenver

My desktop is working fine… on the other hand, I’m running a two monitor rig for my desktop, so I’ve got PUP shoved onto the non-playfield monitor. :)

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

You guys can actually copy multiple video files from “Background – BG – Alternates” folder” to the “Background – BG” folder if you want…it will change the background video each time you end a MB mode.

sirknockie
                        Participant
                          @sirknockie

Hello,

have some Promblems with the Pinup Pack, I see the Castle and He Man sitting on his Battle Cat but this is not changing – does not Play the attract Videos and no other Videos.

Ultra DMD is runnig and works. Maybe im Missing a configuration.

I Activated in Screen Editor Backglass and Overlay Backglass and Topper.

Tried many things – but nothin happens – Table runs fine too.

What im doing wrong ?

Other Pub Tables work – Bttf – Stranger Things – Avatar – Batman – MM

sorry for my bad english.

THX

Jochen

sirknockie
                          Participant
                            @sirknockie

Testing without Fronend

TerryRed
                              @terryred

Hello,

have some Promblems with the Pinup Pack, I see the Castle and He Man sitting on his Battle Cat but this is not changing – does not Play the attract Videos and no other Videos.

Ultra DMD is runnig and works. Maybe im Missing a configuration.

I Activated in Screen Editor Backglass and Overlay Backglass and Topper.

Tried many things – but nothin happens – Table runs fine too.

What im doing wrong ?

Other Pub Tables work – Bttf – Stranger Things – Avatar – Batman – MM

sorry for my bad english.

THX

Jochen

You don’t need to change anything in the pup-pack.

Are you sure you downloaded the newest version of the table. This pack won’t work without it.

sirknockie
                              Participant
                                @sirknockie

Oh man,

im such an idiot !

Downloaded newest version !

Works now ! :good:

THX !!

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

So, this is happening… thank you Tarcisio Caleiro for the backdrop video.

An optional “text on Topper Only” Pack is coming that will have ALL text on the Topper – Under screen only, and the Castle Mouth Videos have no text on them.

I’ll try to add another 2 screen version with simple DMD frame on the overlay as an option to use with No Text on the mouth videos as well. Nothing fancy looking.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

2 PuP-Packs to choose from, and Topper – Under options, NOW Available! (version 1.1)

READ INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FIRST PLEASE!

– 2 PuP-Packs to choose from: “Text on the Backglass”, and “No Text on the Backglass” (no animated text on the backglass videos)

– new “Text on Topper or Under” screen “option”. Plays videos of all the animated text (and logo) with a nice castle stone backdrop, on your Topper or Under screen. Toppers are 21:9 (1920×822), and Unders are a wider ratio (1920×562)

You can use any pup-pack with or without Topper – Under videos.

Screenshots showing both the “No Text on BG” PuP-Pack, and the optional “Under with text” videos.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                    Mark70
                                    Participant
                                      @mark70

Looks great! I’m looking forward to try the under screen version when I am back home tomorrow

Mark70
                                      Participant
                                        @mark70

I just played the under screen topper version.  It looks superb!
                                        Everything is so very very well done and the video quality is absolutely fantastic.
                                        Thanks a lot for sharing your hard work! And again also thanks to Nailbuster for the PUP System.
                                        Awesome!

Attachments:
                                        TerryRed
                                          @terryred

A new “full gameplay” video of me playing randr’s VPX conversion of Masters of the Universe in my cabinet running my new PuP-Pack with the “Text on Topper” option, as well as my DOF and addressable led effects for the table. I recorded this using a dollar store “bendy” cell phone clip and my cell phone. Works pretty good!

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Rastan350
                                          Participant
                                            @rastan350

Not sure what I am doing wrong with this one. Have the newest version of the table. Using the Text on BG version. I don’t get the Castle overlay and also no videos work. Every other Pup-Pack I have works fine, Tron, Batman, F14, Stranger Things, etc. I do see the background sky layer and also He-Man and the sword animation is moving. Other than that no video or Castle overlay.

Something else worth mentioning is PinUpDisplay goes not responding after / while playing the table and then I have to manually kill it.

Made sure I was using the new table, looked in the script and it has mentions of the PuP-Pack. Plus I downloaded it like 3 times just to make sure :).

Thanks,

Nick

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 151 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?