Masters of the Universe (VPX) – PuP-Pack – Royal Boob Edition

Viewing 11 posts - 141 through 151 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    scampa123
    Participant
      @scampa123

I’m almost there now….I narrowed down the culprit by removing everything except plugins and other critical things and re-added things back to the folder, continually relaunching the table to see if it changes things…

I realized I had moved out my B2STableSettings.xml and when I moved it back into my Tables folder and relaunched the length of time to launch went back up!

I checked the XML file for structure (using a tool) and it is fine.  I did notice I had

f:\PinballX\Databases\Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.xml

Which pointed to an old install of PinballX…so my next step will be to remove that line completely and try to launch again.  I won’t be able to try this for a bit, but will report back…

**One question though, since I’m using the PUPPack, should B2S even be invoked?  I guess it does due to DOF? Why would it affect just this table??

Thanks again!!

scampa123
      Participant
        @scampa123

**Solved**

In working with my B2STableSettings.xml, I noticed that <DefaultStartMode> was set to 1 on the box where the table loaded fast.  On my cabinet it was set to 2 and it started very slow.

I changed <DefaultStartMode> to 1 on my cabinet and the table loaded right up!.

In the end I added a block to the file for <motu> and had <StartAsEXE> set to 1 and changed the <DefaultStartMode> back to 1…and it works!

**I cannot explain why this affected only this table (that I noticed), or even why it makes a difference (especially since I am not running a B2s for this table).  If anyone can explain, I’d love to better understand!

Thank you!

scampa123
        Participant
          @scampa123

Is this what the DMD should look like?

should there be any artwork?

Thanks again!

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

Hm, that looks a little funky. It should have a different font, and an animated red background similar to that used by Filmation.

Do you have the PuP-Pack installed? Do you see the backglass with movies? It should have an attract mode movie to match the opening sound. “I am He-Man…”

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

scampa123
            Participant
              @scampa123

Yes the pup pack backglass works fine.  I added the topper and it shows on my topper.  I may have installed both of the DMD packs Post and pre..so maybe I messes something up with that.  Again, I should use POSTDmd for 16×9 lcd correct?

Also not sure if it matters but there are two pups Text on Backglass and not…not sure if one is preferred…

thanks again!

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

Yeah, PostDMD is the option you want for a 16×9 ratio LCD display.

So, pick the type of backglass, then what type of topper if you want one, then add the PostDMD onto that, and you should hopefully be good.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

scampa123
                Participant
                  @scampa123

**Solved…I reinstalled the pup and it works well!  Thank you!

Wrath2000
                  Participant
                    @wrath2000

Does anyone happen to know why the video playing inside castle greyskull picture is rotated? Videos files are ok, backglass is ok just the video is rotated like it’s on a seperate screen or something.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Wrath2000.
                    Attachments:
                    TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

Most likely because you have some of your pup displays set to rotate that this pup-pack uses. You shouldn’t need to have any pup display set to rotate if you have all your media setup / converted correctly for popper.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Does anyone happen to know why the video playing inside castle greyskull picture is rotated? Videos files are ok, backglass is ok just the video is rotated like it’s on a seperate screen or something.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot#why_on_certain_pup-packs_are_some_of_the_videos_rotated_like_playing_sideways

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Wrath2000
                        Participant
                          @wrath2000

Ahh yes, thankyou guys, I have a few screens rotated 90 for portrait mode use with pinup menu, setting them to default solved it, cheers, great work on the pack by the way.

Viewing 11 posts - 141 through 151 (of 151 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?