Munsters 2020 (Stern/Tribute)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

The only reason the Music screen is being used for full screen PuP DMD is because it tends to not be used for video display for anything else. Admittedly, in those cases we’ve also just used it as a reference to generate a different screen so that we don’t interfere with combination PuP-packs that include a Music component.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

humankind14
      Participant
        @humankind14

question, why the new tables (without dmd) cant be used as always with ROM emulation? i always ask my self … :unsure:

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

They’re too new, so to speak, with a LOT of overhead compared to the available ROM emulation. They aren’t far removed from current desktops. Plus, there’s a gentlebeing’s rule against actually emulating systems that are under current production or have been produced in the last three years.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

bietekwiet
          Participant
            @bietekwiet

Thanks for the tip of using the MUSIC screen in the pup pack to reposition the scoring/callout window.

I have a 4:3 ratio monitor which usually shares the back glass (16:9) and the dmd (4:1) underneath.

So I customised my layout (Photoshop swap of the back glass image in the PupVideos\Munsters folder and adjusted Pupdisplaysetup.bat accordingly).

It turns out very well:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ4yHiy3RBc

munsters

To secure this layout just for this table and not for every other table, I used TerryRed’s script “PuP-Packs ON TOP!” which works for multiple screens as well (not just for single screen desktop). It can be found here: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

bietekwiet
            Participant
              @bietekwiet

I would like to give some feedback on playing the table for a day now.
              I only do this as I know the table is still under development, not to criticize.

First off, it looks great and I can only imagine what a big work it must be to get it all together. What an inspiration and great talent.

Some things I noticed that I feel would make it even better:
              – there are luls (long pauses) in the gameplay for call outs, especially the end of ball bonus count takes very long. If these call outs would be way quicker it would improve the flow of the table a lot in my opinion.
              At the moment, it breaks the rhythm a bit.

– Voice call outs: Is that Terry Red’s voice? It sounds great but perhaps a bit over used in frequency?
              – Where is the “Zap button” that is frequently referred to?

I hope this helps. Wonderful table!

Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

Zap button is mapped to the left/right magna save or the lockbarkey – all depends on how you have that mapped to your config.

During a game – if you hit the zap button (to test which one it is on your machine) .. Grandpa will tell you that you need to power up your zap.

Hit the zap button when it flashes blue along the lockbar (it stays lit for 3-4s). It then registers the zap count on the dmd. Score zaps when you hit a Blue lit LED after a mode where you have scored a “shot”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Daryl
                Participant
                  @allknowing2012

oh .. and if the bonus is taking too long .. hit both flippers to skip to the end :-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  bietekwiet
                  Participant
                    @bietekwiet

Thanks Daryl, that explains a lot :yes:

Badazzwi
                    Participant
                      @badazzwi

Thanks for the update. Really enjoyed this table from the beginning so I’m really looking forward to firing up the updated version.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Badazzwi
                      Participant
                        @badazzwi

20200623_220301

Ball gets stuck up here on auto plunge.

Table looks awesome btw. Thank you so much for all the hard work from everyone involved.

Mussinger
                        Participant
                          @mussinger

Line 472  change the Const IMPowerSetting , it’s the Plunger Power,

it’s on 200 >>  try 50

Const IMPowerSetting = 50 ‘ Plunger Power

(be also sure you have Zscale=1 in POV)

3 users thanked author for this post.
                          Grimwar
                          Participant
                            @grimwar

Thanks for the hard work, sweet table.

charlieshakur
                            Participant
                              @charlieshakur

getting a clicking noise constantly after hitting the right kicker

Kojak
                              Participant
                                @kojak

Hi Daryl….firstly I’d just like to say a huge “Thank You” for the massive amount of work you’ve invested to bring us this amazing table!! I’m not skillful enough to do this kind of work myself so I’m indebted to you and all the amazing contributors to this awesome hobby…!!

This is the first time I’ve posted here and my comments are not meant as criticism at all…just FYI’s for you in the hope you might be able to help a newcomer. No matter what….I’m still gonna play this great table!

I’m using v1.05 table and v1.05 Puppack, 3 screen setup and all screen are displayed perfectly.

I didn’t notice any of these things when using v1.03.

When the ball drains and the bonus routine runs, if I hit the right flipper when the “Total Bonus” amount is shown on the screen, that total bonus amount gets added to the score each time the right flipper button is pressed….I’ve ended up with 100’s of millions of points!!

I’ve found that when the ball is auto-launched it seems to “go through” the wall at the top of the ramp and is stuck.

I get a constant clicking noise coming from my right front SSF exciter after I launch the first ball. This clicking noise goes the entire game, during play and at rest.

Thanks again for all you do for us…..it is genuinely appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

fourbanks
                                Participant
                                  @fourbanks

I would like to give some feedback on playing the table for a day now.

I only do this as I know the table is still under development, not to criticize.

First off, it looks great and I can only imagine what a big work it must be to get it all together. What an inspiration and great talent.

Some things I noticed that I feel would make it even better:

– there are luls (long pauses) in the gameplay for call outs, especially the end of ball bonus count takes very long. If these call outs would be way quicker it would improve the flow of the table a lot in my opinion.

At the moment, it breaks the rhythm a bit.

– Voice call outs: Is that Terry Red’s voice? It sounds great but perhaps a bit over used in frequency?

– Where is the “Zap button” that is frequently referred to?

I hope this helps. Wonderful table!

its a good table but the long pauses when the ball is out make it hard work I hope this helps.

Arrestis
                                  Participant
                                    @arrestis

I am loving your work but i am also having the issue with the constamy clicking sound

bietekwiet
                                    Participant
                                      @bietekwiet

I too get:

– ball stuck bug. Lowering plunger power from 200 to 50 fixed it.
                                      – the repeating ticking sound throughout the game. It sounds like a rhythmical spinning of sorts.
                                      If I would know the name of the sound I could disable it in the table manager/ sounds

Mussinger
                                      Participant
                                        @mussinger

Clicky sound , pass into coment the line 6664 addind ‘ in front the sentence

‘PlaySound(“fx_metalrolling”), -1, Vol(BOT(b)), AudioPan(BOT(b)), 0, Pitch(BOT(b)), 1, 0, AudioFade(BOT(b))

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012

The new ramps didnt trigger the metal rolling sounds off and on …  Thanks Mussinger for posting the work around.

Badazzwi
                                          Participant
                                            @badazzwi

I never change the z scale but the stock pov isn’t set at 1.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 277 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?