Safe Cracker (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

It’s “criminal” how much fun I am having with this table.

*cough*

fuzzel
      Participant
        @fuzzel
        VP DEV

Yes indeed. When the VP9 version came out I have never heard of this table before but playing some games I was totally addicted to this game.

Slydog43
        Participant
          @slydog43

I finally got a token a few nights ago, very cool animation.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

It’s funny I had no idea this was in the works. I was never contacted to use anything from our VP9 version. I’ve been gone for a bit now but still around to answer pm’s and or e-mails. In the past, proper protocol would of been to contact the original author(s) and ask if it’s cool! Maybe things are different now but who knows.

With that said, I’m not going to make a big deal about it! It looks like proper credit was given. So I’m not going to worry about it!

Maybe reach out next time and follow proper protocol!

@ICP: I have to apologize not for asking you or any one who was involved in the VP9 build. I wanted to ask but then real live took away most of my VP time and I forgot to ask :scratch: I started with the script of the VP9 build and improved/converted it to VPX. Roth helped a lot here (thanks again ;) ) So sorry again.

I did the exact same thing when I did the PuP Edition of Tron Legacy!

I was helping NailBuster create PinUP Player and was using ICP’s Tron Legacy as a test table. Before I knew it…it turned into a complete table mod (but with no actual changes to table itself, just PuP script additions), and I was carried away with the first PuP creation for VPX. We were making big changes for VP, and I was so excited to show off what we were doing…I forgot to simply ask ICP is it was ok to use his table. I also forgot to mention him in the demo video.

Ironically, I just recently I put out a PuP unmod of the table that went in reverse….andI took out all the PuP mods I did with the table as they were no longer needed.

markrock76
            Participant
              @markrock76

Hi asked this over at VPF with no response so maybe someone here will see or can help.

I really love this recreation but I have a problem.  I think.  Whenever I lock the first ball to the top right ramp I never get it back.  If I get multiball the ball just stays at the top right and when all other balls have drained the table goes in to a ball search and I eventually have to exit the table.  Does anyone else have this issue?  I deleted nvram but wasn’t sure what else to try.  Hoping for some help as I really enjoy the table otherwise.

Lockpinwall not releasing the ball?

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

My suggestion is unfortunately what you’ve already tried. I don’t expect this to help you in any way – but, it can’t hurt to try.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

Except that. Make sure you are updated and that there are no *.vbs files outside of scripts folder. Btw. It is a perfect time right now to run the VP all in one installer for 10.5.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vpx-installer-10-5-0/

markrock76
                Participant
                  @markrock76

Thanks I will try this but you are saying that it works fine for you?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Yes. I haven’t noticed any problems with Safe Cracker. You haven’t changed the Z-axis or anything like that ?

markrock76
                    Participant
                      @markrock76

No.  It’s like the lockpinwall is not dropping or becoming non-collidable for multiball.  I’ll delete rom and clean reg and see if it helps.

markrock76
                      Participant
                        @markrock76

I deleted the registry, redownloaded the rom and the table, and recopied the scripts from VPX5 release and one of those things helped because now the ball releases.  Thanks for the help Thalamus!

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Happy to hear :)

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

I really do enjoy this table. Such an original concept.

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Can’t believe, i have this *s*t again with the Geman Rom as in 2014,
                              again i get no Voices, German or English … tied all Roms from VPU, well  :-(

All on a Fresh Install, latest Versions here and there …  :unsure:

I love SC, i hate SC !

Ok, it really Needs this Options: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=29649&p=289779

done  :wacko:  

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Make sure @carnypriest or @Toxie gets this information, and I’m sure that they will make a new official german version of it.

toxie
                                Participant
                                  @toxie
                                  VP DEVMember

@STAT skipping pinball startup is risky, so that one can always lead to strange sideeffects, very machine dependent though. CRC error skipping will not play a role at all. I just tested this with sc_18s2, too. I only have disabled the skip pinball startup, and sound works.

Or are there only some specific sounds missing then for you?

toxie
                                  Participant
                                    @toxie
                                    VP DEVMember

*ping* @stefanaustria

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

I only missed the Voices from the Girl …

toxie
                                      Participant
                                        @toxie
                                        VP DEVMember

Hmmm.. She talks directly at the beginning for me.. ‘Eindringlinge, noch 45minuten bis zur Schliessung des Bereiches’  @stefanaustria

toxie
                                        Participant
                                          @toxie
                                          VP DEVMember

And also tested from within VPX.. Also works.. All just with disabled ‘Skip Pinball Startup’ checkbox..

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

I got it also, but i wondered, why only with the disabling.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?