Stingray (Stern 1977) [bord]

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    bjschneider93
    Participant
      @bjschneider93

Thanks. Can’t wait to try it

baalisan
      Participant
        @baalisan

Thanks Bord, I love your work!

robertms
        Participant
          @mophead

Goddamn this is beautiful! Can’t believe this is still VPX. Hope Toxie and fuzzel take notice, this table is a real showpiece for VPX. Wish Haunt would see it, he’d really appreciate the execution here.. Simply stunning realistic lighting and colors, physics spot on, perfect ball feel, the saucers action just perfect, sounds come across as if real, looks real, feels real, perfect in it’s simplicity. Really jaw-dropping good (where is that emoji?) @bord you’re welcome to drop the mic. Thank you!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
          flstclasic
          Participant
            @flstclasic

Thank you Bord, Great table!

Davor
            Participant
              @davor

grazie per questo fantastico flipper sembra molto vintage!!! B-)

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Already know how friggin good this table is. Thank you so much @bord for keeping up with us and providing something that what I believe to be very close to the real deal. I’ve been playing this re-creation every time I’ve had the pin turned on since you shared it. :rose: :heart:

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

How great is that – thanks Guys – thanks bord and 32assassin, and Special to cryptdoctor21 for the PF !
                  Also thanks to the Physic Guys Fozzy and Roth
                  We got a nice Table and B2S but also a Special ROM, love it … btw. also great Table Sounds … really a “All-In-One-Special” :good:
                  ( bord, you changed the ROM yourself, as i can read on the Info Page ? )

IMG_20191123_111528

btw. wanted to keep both newer Stingray Versions, the prev. Table with the FreePlay Rom, but it isnt “free Play” – Coins needed, whatever :scratch:

vothar
                  Participant
                    @vothar

thank you for your hard work…. just a little remark : is it me or the right flipper seem to be a little more ‘sluggish’ than the left… as if the fastflips work for the left but not the right flipper ? :unsure:

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Thanks for all that you do Bord. You know what I think of you as a table builder and what I love the most, is you don’t rest on your laurels, you always want to up your game and it shows with each new release.

many thanks, looking forward to trying this out

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

It has been really fun to read the comments on here – a lot of them from unfamiliar faces. Hope you all continue to be a voice in the forum as the community aspect makes this stuff a lot of fun.

Also gratifying to hear comments on the sound. I didn’t mention it in the post but I recorded all the sounds I could from my Meteor since it is of a similar vintage. Still a few things (kicker holes) that Meteor couldn’t provide but hoping to have a classic Bally/Stern library of sounds going forward.

thank you for your hard work…. just a little remark : is it me or the right flipper seem to be a little more ‘sluggish’ than the left… as if the fastflips work for the left but not the right flipper ? :unsure:

@vothar
                        , I haven’t noticed but that doesn’t mean it isn’t the case. First thing I would try is swapping out the flipper sounds. Maybe the right one has a little gap before the sound. No joke, sometimes the audio is enough to mess with the perception of speed. LMK what you find.

@stefanaustria
                        , I did compile the rom myself. Only difference is dip 26 works for extra balls. It crashed the first time I ran it and worked great every time after so in case anyone has trouble make sure you run it more than once before other troubleshooting. Classics players aren’t in the majority so I don’t know how much traction this would have as a separate tournament rom in vpinmame. For now it is a painless overwrite of the stock rom and won’t screw up your DOF or stock game rules.

vogliadicane
                        Participant
                          @vogliadicane

Finally came to test it and maaaan, what a beauty you have created. Not only it looks so good, but also plays and sounds wonderful! :good: :yes:

arconovum
                          Participant
                            @nicholaschristopher
                            MemberContributor

Looks and plays really great .. Another thanks of many to you bord. I took the time away from playing Death Stranding..

shiva
                            Participant
                              @shiva

Outstanding. Love this game, a friend had one in his basement, spent weeks getting it fixed up and tuned right. Great rule set as well, just a real fun game.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Teahaus
                              Participant
                                @teahaus

Beautiful table Adrian!  Kudo’s to you and everyone involved.  Really having fun playing this especially with the tournament rom!!

3rdaxis
                                Participant
                                  @3rdaxis
                                  MemberContributor

Ditto to pretty much every comment above. Nice work bord.

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

I got a chance to try it and sure enough, polished beyond belief.  Art assets/sounds/gameplay, just very reflective from Stern pins of that era.  Thanks Bord!

bord
                                      @bord
                                      MembervipContributorModerator

Glad you like it, Rob. Getting closer in the queue to our project…

Mlager8
                                      Participant
                                        @mlager8

Finally just got to play this one tonight, honestly I’m not usually a huge fan on the 70’s era tables, but this ones looks and plays so smoothly I cant help but love it! The physics are fantastic on this as well so kudos to those guys … honestly though what impressed me the most was when I opened up to this table to see how it’s made and there’s literally like 20 maps to the whole table… that’s some damn efficiency, great job! :good:

On a side note, not to take a complete left turn here, but I was wondering about your avatar and thought it might be salvador dali, but google tells me it’s william powell. Never heard of him, whats the deal?

shaman
                                        Participant
                                          @shaman

bord I don’t know how you keep raising the bar but you do!! Thank you for another wonderful release. Have had the pleasure of playing the live version of this several times over the last year, and you nailed it!!

Also thanks to 32assassin (really appreciated your work on the previous version of this as well),  nFozzy and rothbauerw.  Thanks to all involved here, there and yonder. :yes: :yes:

JR
                                          Participant
                                            @jfr1

The Thin Man! Dang @Mlager8 ! I’d been wondering who that was.

91VQIaBAyeL._AC_SL1500_

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?