Stranger Things | Stranger Edition

• This topic has 244 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nanuk.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    mjmj
    Participant
      @mjmj

Thank you for your responses you put me on the right track I now have a 16/9 pinupplayer.ini file in the pup video root.

The config per table is genius!

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

I am sorry I am new to this but finding my way, learning as I go (probably in the wrong order).

This table works differently from the others mixing table and pup packs making it important to get right.

The time and effort in making all the video files and scripting is truly amazing. I am truly glad to have this working and not just covering it up with an image(what an idiot).

Thank you

Chriss4198
      Participant
        @chriss4198

Just wanted to circle back as this is driving me crrraaazzzyyyy! Hope I can get some advice. Thanks all as always. This is popping up on my play field after finally getting the back glass pup to work…

jdc78
        Participant
          @jdc78

http://jdc.se/Pinball/Stranger-Things-2020-03-08-SE-OSB-v1.47.mkv

Something weird is happening when playing 2 or more.
          It loops, like if player two lose ball 2, then player one gets stuck in a loop wich always starts with multiball. (29:00m)
          And I had to enter my name for eggo high score-thing in a weird phase of the game (20:15m)

Otherwise this is easy a top 3 table, big fan.
          If i should give criticism, it would be the eggo record thing, it’s higly probably that if player one gets a high score and a eggo high score it’s the same person? so the name could jump along so one doesnt have to enter it again.

And pup-pack music collides with table music (last 10 seconds in video)

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Just wanted to circle back as this is driving me crrraaazzzyyyy! Hope I can get some advice. Thanks all as always. This is popping up on my play field after finally getting the back glass pup to work…

I can’t comment specifically on your issue but that usually means one of your pup screens may be set onto the wrong monitor OR it is set on when you don’t have one. For example, I don’t know but that could be a TOPPER screen but you don’t have a topper so it sets it to the playfield.  In the topper example, what you should do is ensure PUP is set up properly and TOPPER is disabled. Once you’ve done that I believe that black screen would disappear. That’s if THAT is exactly your issue, I don’t know.  Ensure you review how your PUP config is set up properly is the best advice I can give you, I suspect it is not

Not being at your computer and not seeing what your backglass PUP pack output looks like, I can’t tell if anything is missing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            jcksu3
            Participant
              @jcksu3

Does anyone have the previous version of this table?  1.42 or something?  It has the pup pack with the the zip file password protected with “friendsdontlie”.  I’m interested in rolling back this table so I can get 2-player mode working again.

Kabs
              Participant
                @kabs

@jcksu3 I always found it a little weird that that fault was never fixed.

Scottywic
                Participant
                  @scottywic

@Scottywic

What a fantastic table!

I just got to it (I never saw the series so kind of wasn’t pulled towards it at start) and it is just an amazing experience.

It is the best that VPX has to offer for me. The whole design, implementation is fantastic from graphism, to gameplay, to athmosphere, to rules and code, to story, it has it all!

Truly remarkable achievement. Together with Harry Potter, these are more than just pinball, they are definitely “pinball experiences”.

I admire your talent and I really hope you get to build a real pinball table (yes, I read your intro and am wondering what stopped the proces), but I am glad I can play it in VPX on my DIY mini pincab.

I would not be able to afford the real table :).

Are you working or have ideas on a new table for the future?

Cheers,

Chris

ps: I just put Star Trek TNG as side art on my mini pincab but now I wish I would have chosen Stranger Things :)

thanks bud, i don’t usually code in the summer but i plan on being back in the winter and should get a fix going for some of the 2 player stuff here (it’s just an OSB code change in the end of game loop btw if aonyone wanted to snag the code out of harry potter.)
                  But next table is going to be Pizza Time and then after that not sure. I might be toast for a bit after that, not sure. I want to do a skiing based table and also have drawings for a couple hard ones – mario kart and Daft Punk. But who knows.

Thanks for the kind words, it’s things like this that actually get me powered up to actually code more tables.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                  Conehead
                  Participant
                    @conehead

Where do I install the STLE.UltraDMD.zip file?  I tried running it without it, and I get an error loading.  I think it’s looking for it somewhere?  Much appreciated if someone could respond!

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

All the ultradmd folder found in the zip needs to be extracted wherever you install your tables.

Conehead
                      Participant
                        @conehead

Thanks for responding.  I copied the directory into the Tables folder, and then I tried copying all the files into the Tables folder (background.png, background.jpg, and scoreboard-background.jpg) which is the same folder as the STSE.exe, and I got the same error message both times.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

Thanks for responding. I copied the directory into the Tables folder, and then I tried copying all the files into the Tables folder (background.png, background.jpg, and scoreboard-background.jpg) which is the same folder as the STSE.exe, and I got the same error message both times.
                          Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Unzip this file somewhere STLE.UltraDMD.zip
                          Then put this Folder in the Tables Folder  — STLE.UltraDMD
                          Visual Pinball\Tables\STLE.UltraDMD

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

@conehead
                            Do you have other UltraDMD working
                            Try this
                            For that game go in the table Script and turn off UltraDMD

What is this –> STSE.exe

Conehead
                            Participant
                              @conehead

Thanks for your response.  As per the screenshot, I have done exactly as you advised but I still receive the same error message. :(

Conehead
                              Participant
                                @conehead

No, I have no other UltraDMDs working (I think).  I will look.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Apologies, I shouldn’t have confused the issue by saying “STSE.exe”.  What I meant was I put the files/directory in the same folder as the Stranger Things – SE 1.47_OSB table.

studlygoorite
                                Participant
                                  @studlygoorite

Hi Conehead, did you do the part that Outhere suggested “go into the table script and turn off UltraDMD”? If not go into the script and change line 75 to 0 if it’s on 1. Good luck

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

@conehead:  Have you installed the “all-in-on VP10.6” final?  This should install a working ultradmd.  Then try to load this table again.

Question: I don’t see a lot of tables in your screenshot. Do you have other tables installed elsewhere or are you just starting out?

Conehead
                                    Participant
                                      @conehead

“go into the table script and turn off UltraDMD”?  <— Where would I find this script?

Conehead
                                      Participant
                                        @conehead

The version of Visual Pinball that is installed is V10.6.0 Final (Revision 3788, 32bit).

You’re correct.  I am just starting out and have gone through these links meticulously already. My plan is to just get 3-5 tables working, then install PinUP Popper.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/#bbpress

I’ve turned off MS Defender as well.

Thank you for any suggestions!

studlygoorite
                                        Participant
                                          @studlygoorite

“go into the table script and turn off UltraDMD”? <— Where would I find this script?

Right click the table file and choose “edit” you will see the script in the top left. Click on it and go to line 75 and change it to “0” zero. Enjoy

Conehead
                                          Participant
                                            @conehead

OMG…that WORKED!!  I can’t thank you enough!  I’m almost giddy with happiness now….lol.  THANK YOU!  :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 245 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?