Stranger Things | Stranger Edition

• This topic has 244 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nanuk.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    psiomicron
    Participant
      @psiomicron

Maybe someone can help me, this table load properly and everything, but upon playing it lags every 5 to 10 seconds. The backglass video also lags. I have a GTX970 and tried lowering the video setting down and still have the same issues. I tried changing the pinup player settings to opengl, directx, default etc. I dont have this issue on other tables. Any help would be appreciated!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Not sure if this is your problem, but, I highly recommend replacing UltraDMD for FlexDMD. Might also be your vsync settings. It is especially important for pup pack it seems.

bietekwiet
        Participant
          @bietekwiet

@Scottywic

What a fantastic table!
          I just got to it (I never saw the series so kind of wasn’t pulled towards it at start) and it is just an amazing experience.
          It is the best that VPX has to offer for me. The whole design, implementation is fantastic from graphism, to gameplay, to athmosphere, to rules and code, to story, it has it all!

Truly remarkable achievement. Together with Harry Potter, these are more than just pinball, they are definitely “pinball experiences”.

I admire your talent and I really hope you get to build a real pinball table (yes, I read your intro and am wondering what stopped the proces), but I am glad I can play it in VPX on my DIY mini pincab.
          I would not be able to afford the real table :).

Are you working or have ideas on a new table for the future?

Cheers,
          Chris

ps: I just put Star Trek TNG as side art on my mini pincab but now I wish I would have chosen Stranger Things :)

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

Maybe someone can help me, this table load properly and everything, but upon playing it lags every 5 to 10 seconds. The backglass video also lags. I have a GTX970 and tried lowering the video setting down and still have the same issues. I tried changing the pinup player settings to opengl, directx, default etc. I dont have this issue on other tables. Any help would be appreciated!

In the script have UltraDMD turned off  – If this fixes it then do as @thalamus says change over to flexDMD
            I recommend you read the whole topic  —  https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43569&hl=

You may have to do this — Use Convert-it!
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602697096474910/permalink/2925495287528411/?comment_id=2928066287271311&reply_comment_id=2928110000600273

I Run default settings on your video card & VP settings something like this  VP 10.6 - setting 4K-TV - Copy

psiomicron
            Participant
              @psiomicron

Well I did what you and @thalamus said to do. I switched over to flexDMD changed my video settings in Visual Pinball X as you displayed, reverted my nividia back to defaults, tried disabled the DMD in the script, and even changed the MOV to MP4, which helped on opening more space. But alas it still lags every 5 seconds or so. Just in case there is any invida gurus out there I attached my settings. With this I’m running AMD A4-600 3.70 processor, 16 db ram, GTX970, with windows 10 pro.

Nvid1Nvid2

Chriss4198
              Participant
                @chriss4198

Hi all! New to this life and trying to catch up. Would really appreciate any help with this. Get the video in load in, but shifts to this B2S with what appears to be score/goals overlay. Can’t seem to get the video to work. Any help would be so appreciated. I will get the hang of this..:)F145368A-6DA2-4BB8-85C7-4179F750FEBB

studlygoorite
                Participant
                  @studlygoorite

Hey Chriss4198, if you have downloaded the pup pack to use then you should not have any “directb2s” files in you tables folder for that table, if you have one there for Stranger Things just delete it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Chriss4198
                  Participant
                    @chriss4198

Odd thing now, the Strange Science B2S pops up…

outhere
                      @outhere

Odd thing now, the Strange Science B2S pops up…

Are you on the latest BS2 Server  — http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=useful_links

Make sure you check exact .directb2s match only  B2S New

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Chriss4198
                      Participant
                        @chriss4198

Had 2013 B2S software. Upgraded to 2019, but oddly enough while my other backglasses are utilizing 2019, this keeps using 2013 which doesn’t provide that option. Going to wipe everything and download it all again. Thanks so much for all the help!

outhere
                          @outhere

You can try this
                          Temporarily rename the puppack put the correct back glass in place Load game bring up the menu uncheck, recheck save settings
                          remove back glass rename puppack to whatever was

tonybobo
                          Participant
                            @tonybobo

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the full dmd working? I’ve got the split screen with the dmd and topper currently but I’d love to have the full 16:9

Chriss4198
                            Participant
                              @chriss4198

Hi again all. So I got the video to finally work on the back glass but now I am getting a black screen on playing field. Any advice? Thanks again as always..

mjmj
                              Participant
                                @mjmj

first i love love love this table the time and effort you guys put in is incredible!

i too have an issue with the pup pack. I am not sure if it is the fact i have a 4×3 backglass or its a font issue

but the type and score is in the wrong places. any ideas?

Can this be fixed for 4×3

or can I use a b2s backglass image instead maybe the one for the older table if anyone has a link?

Attachments:
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

For pup packs. Someone decided that it was a good idea to spend a lot of CPU/GPU on a standard of HDTV. So, if you’re backglass is set to a different resolution, you will have issues, mostly with text elements. That is the general answer. I don’t run my bg on that resolution, but for this game it looks ok to me. Never tried to put it on 4:3, which I prefer for EM.

outhere
                                    @outhere

Make sure your windows scaling is set to 100% for all monitors
                                    In the table script you can change these numbers if you want to make the screen a 16:9

PuPlayer.SetScreenex pBackglass,0,0,0,0,0        ‘Set PuPlayer DMD TO Always ON <screen number> , xpos, ypos, width, height, POPUP

TerryRed
                                      @terryred
                                      MemberContributorModerator

While no one “decided” on behalf of the community… it sure is a good idea to support 16:9 HDTV as the standard to use for backglass resolution and aspect ratio for pup videos / backglass / newer Full DMD.

Both JJP and Stern use 16:9 HDTV for their video backglass and middle screen displays. Why? Because that’s the only “new” screens you can get now and for the foreseeable future. Its the standard. Who in their right mind would create something specifically for 4:3 screens for a pup based table / pup-pack as far as the videos and text is concerned.

ALL pup tables and pup-packs can be made in a way so that they work just fine and “correctly” on all setups including those with a more square backglass screen.

16:9, 4:3, 5:4, vertical backglass,etc. I’ve shown this can be done multiple times on my PinEvent table mods and pup-packs…. and it can be done on VPX tables as well.

4:3/5:4

Backbox AIO - 4x3 and 5x4

Square / vertical backglass

Backbox AIO - Square

16:9

DMD on Backglass

It would be a good idea for VPX authors for pup based tables and pup-packs to start using a similar standard to what I show above (that includes speaker panel image, etc), and provide a simple BAT file in the pup-pack that will change everything for the user without them needing to mess with the pup-packs at all. Once you have a standard to use… it’s easy to do after that.

The only limitations are more for 2 screen 16:9 backglass users who can’t display a DMD on top of the more complex pup-packs for rom based tables. This is the only exception.

There is also the option for custom pinupplayer.ini (for tables using a proper pup-pack) that allows you to change the size and position of all pup display for each table / pup-pack.

There is no reason every VPX table and pup-pack can’t work for everyone correctly on their specific setup.

If people are complaining about their hardware not being fast enough for new pup based tables…. too bad, so sad.  Should VPE / Unity not be pursued because some refuse to upgrade hardware (or can’t afford to)? No. Move forward with this stuff. Not backward. Either do it right, or don’t bother. You can’t please everyone. The burden is on the user… NOT the table author to get things to work on their specific setup if an option isn’t available for them.

mjmj
                                      Participant
                                        @mjmj

Hello

Thank you all for your detailed replies.

The changes in aspect ratio is a challenge as there seams to be no auto scaling

If I understand this

PuPlayer.SetScreenex pBackglass,0,0,0,0,0

‘Set PuPlayer DMD TO Always ON <screen number> , xpos, ypos, width, height, POPUP

Will This give me a 16/9 image on my 5/4 monitor with black bars top and bottom?

Also what is the popup variable for the 5th entry

this could be good

Also is there a way of having a directb2s option but keep the sound  I know i loose the  info on the screen  but it would be a nice match to my other tables which I make 5/4 backglasses so i don’t get any stretched images A personal hate of mine.

Again great amazing work “we are not worthy”

Thanks

m

LynnInDenver
                                        Participant
                                          @lynnindenver

The “Pop-Up” variable is for settings things like “PopBack”, “MusicOnly”, etc.

The closest we get to “autoscaling” is by percentage. That’s what the Height and Width on the screen is, is by percentage.

So if you set width to 100, set height to 75. That should hopefully get you “in the ballpark” of the correct ratios that the screen works on the monitor you’re using.

What might be easier is to just set the general configuration of screens in PinUp Player to set your backglass to ((screen width / 16) * 9), or, say, a 1600 wide monitor, set the backglass height to 900, as an example, and not have to worry about what PuP-Packs and the like are set up for. I’d recommend leaving the gap 100% at the bottom to put a Topper or PuPDMD 4:1 (1200×300 for the example) window into.

Regarding the choice of 16:9 ratios… that’s mostly because that’s the easiest screen to get anymore in a wide variety of sizes for reasonable prices. Arcade1Up, for example, uses “traditional” ratio screens for their cabs, but it has resulted in a compromise with their first set of CounterCades using 8″ screens, because there’s a limited selection of screen sizes available in that ratio type (most of those screens are for specific vertical industry purposes), and the price they designed put the ideal 10″ screen out of budget.

When I built Radiant Silverball, the first screen I was going to use was a 16:10 screen for the score panel. I decided against it and found a 16:9 screen that was slightly larger at the thrift store I could use instead, for very similar reasons that you’re running into, in that I recognized that future tables would be designed around 16:9 because that’s what you can get brand new without undertaking a quest.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred
                                            MemberContributorModerator

PuP 1.45 has a lovely 16:9 button that you can use to setup your pup displays correctly. The easy way to do this would be to use “quick position” to fill the screen, then 16:9 button which will use the width of the window to create the proper height for a 16:9 ratio (on non 16:9 screens)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 245 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?