Stranger Things | Stranger Edition

• This topic has 244 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nanuk.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    studlygoorite
    Participant
      @studlygoorite

Try going into the script and change line 75 to 0 if it’s on 1. If that doesn’t or even if it does work, go into the pup video “STLE” and make sure you don’t have any .pup files in there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      cdnbum88
      Participant
        @cdnbum88

@studlygoorite … that worked!! Thank you

studlygoorite
        Participant
          @studlygoorite

If changing line 75 did it for you then you have issues with UltraDMD (you should still get your score on the back glass but not on the DMD), if deleting .pup files did it then just make sure you don’t go into the pup pack editor to make changes as Stranger Things does not work that way. Enjoy and see you on the scoreboard :)

JLPicard
          Participant
            @jlpicard

With many new VPX tables requiring Pinup, can someone point me to a simple install tutorial?  Is Pinup a front end, I really don’t care to switch front ends however will Pinup coexist within other front ends?

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. You can run Popper, as the frontend is called along side PinballY which I know that you’re using. Pup is the video/music stuff that plays from events of the game events. Terry made some awesome videos on how to install this – but, I haven’t bookmarked them as it is not for me.

cbnlnk121
              Participant
                @cbnlnk121

Hi all, we are having a problem with this table during 2 player mode. After one player gets barb multiball, then looses the balls in play, they magical reappear in the playfield. You can watch it flash switch to the next player and back to the original player. Play just continues and the ball count keeps going up. So it’ll say ball 4/3 then 5/3 etc, each time you try to let them die.

Not sure where in the script I need to look to make sure it changes player properly. Game works fine otherwise, and this only happens after a multiball situations.

DarthColejoy
                Participant
                  @darthcolejoy

I have looked in the STLE folder and can’t find the file screen.pup. I have a topper working for when it loads (which I have used the topper file in my pinup popper media) but when the table plays the topper is blank. I have changed the script file to “1” for the topper to be visible. Not sure how to get topper to play while table is playing.

very new to this so still working things out.

studlygoorite
                  Participant
                    @studlygoorite

I have looked in the STLE folder and can’t find the file screen.pup. I have a topper working for when it loads (which I have used the topper file in my pinup popper media) but when the table plays the topper is blank. I have changed the script file to “1” for the topper to be visible. Not sure how to get topper to play while table is playing.

Hi DarthColejoy, Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe to get the topper working just place it in your topper area in the Popper Media Manager for Stranger Things then go to Game Manager “Stranger Things” and set topper to stay on, put a “0” in the “Keep Displays On” field. You should not have any .pup files in the Stranger Things Pup Video Folder, if you do you need to delete them. Good luck and welcome to the community.

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

In the Table script you can turn the topper on and off for this game

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      DarthColejoy
                      Participant
                        @darthcolejoy

I did that. Have changed it to 1 but the topper doesn’t display when the game starts.

outhere
                          @outhere

Maybe that don’t work Try Like @studlygoorite Said, Go to game manager on the left pick the game on the right keep displays on

H2SO4JB
                          Participant
                            @h2so4jb

@Scottywic – thanks to you as always!

I set this up last night and confirm also had the ball issue on a 2-player game as per comment from @Sammyvee. Player 1 got up to 6/3 balls before I quit the game manually. Let me know if you need anything, like a video of the issue…

yes i now have a fix for this an an update to the orbital scoreboard config. I’ll be releasing an update soon.

@Scottywic
                            Thanks so much for this table, it is a wonderful table. I have so much fun with it. :-)

As several others have already pointed out for two months now, this table has a bug
                            in 2-4 player mode that makes the game unplayable. Since several others here have
                            already described this bug, I don’t need to do it again. But a short description, the
                            game gets stuck in multiball and it becomes endless.

I’ve recorded a video showing the bug here:
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i2eay4gqd9iobr/Stranger_Things_Bug.mp4?dl=0

@Scottywic, is this something you can fix and release a new version?
                            Or if anyone else here knows, can I fix it myself somehow?

TGX
                            Participant
                              @tgxperience

Scotty, I am having a problem with the PUP pack. It seems the screens/playlist and trigger files are missing in the rar file.

outhere
                                @outhere

Scotty, I am having a problem with the PUP pack. It seems the screens/playlist and trigger files are missing in the rar file.

The 3 pup files do not come with this puppack because it is controlled by the game

Roude117
                                Participant
                                  @roude117

Hi!

I am playing this Stranger Things table in VR and it does not have any backglass. I have installed PinUpPlayer and I get e.g. videos playing on my desktop screen along with a DMD – but no backglass (and no videos or DMD either) whatsoever in VR. How could I rectify this? I have usually just downloaded VR Room versions of tables and they are easy to use as everything is made ready, but trying to get the backglass to work preferably with pup-videos would be excellent. Any tips on how to do this? Thanks for any help!

DarthColejoy
                                  Participant
                                    @darthcolejoy

Hi DarthColejoy, Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe to get the topper working just place it in your topper area in the Popper Media Manager for Stranger Things then go to Game Manager “Stranger Things” and set topper to stay on, put a “0” in the “Keep Displays On” field. You should not have any .pup files in the Stranger Things Pup Video Folder, if you do you need to delete them. Good luck and welcome to the community.

Thanks for the help. Whereabouts do I find the game manager?

studlygoorite
                                    Participant
                                      @studlygoorite

If you use Pinup Popper as your front end go to “Pinup System” then “Pinup Menu Setup” there you will see “Games Manager”

outhere
                                        @outhere

I did that. Have changed it to 1 but the topper doesn’t display when the game starts.

If that did not work for you, There is a good chance you have something set up wrong in pinup player setup
                                        In order to get it to work From game manager you will have to move the video from the puppack to the media area of the front end and tell front end to keep the backglass  on all the time
                                        Like @studlygoorite said
                                        Lots of info  — http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Kadamon
                                        Participant
                                          @kadamon

I am a noob

table work, dof too

part  off song too

but nothing on backglass

some help?

studlygoorite
                                          Participant
                                            @studlygoorite

I am a noob

table work, dof too

part off song too

but nothing on backglass

some help?

Kadamon, did you download the pup pack and place the unzipped folder into your “Pup Videos Folder”?  Link to pup-pack https://www.dropbox.com/s/40q6bn4g1ly1epp/STLE146.rar?dl=0

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 245 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?