The Cuphead Cup Tournament!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Insert ‘drain’ in place of ‘goal’ in this vid.   Great scoring Rajo!  I never broke 30k.

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

I hope everyone has enjoyed the tourney this past week. There were some very impressive scores turned in and you guys were great beta testers and found a few issues that need fixing which makes you all winners in my book.

And the winner of the “Cuphead Cup” is… Rajo Joey at a staggering 257,810! Time for this little fellow to find a new home

20200915_191244

@rajo joey please message me with your address and I’ll send him off to you.

Thanks, but I think postage is very expensive to Germany. So let us play a new tournament with the updated version. And the winner get this little guy. :yes:

:good:

Great, we get to be humiliated twice by Rajo! ;)

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Believe me, it will happen (hate to admit it – but …). But, you where really close though.

One day, I want to meet that guy – in Germany, preferably on Bulls and Balls @ Fulda, and I’m going to challenge him. If I’m not going to be able to beat him in pinball, then my next goal would be to see to that he at least can’t get as many beers as me down before giving up. At least the last task will be fun ;)

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

Ok we’ll tee up the tourney again once @Onevox releases the new version with the fixed “S” lane.  In the mean time I’m going to ship the trophy to Bord so his kids can play for it (see page one of this post) and the winner of this tourney will get bragging rights and the satisfaction of total pinball domination.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Thalamus
              @thalamus

Haha. That was exactly what I had in mind if I won. Or rather. Let anyone that had kids playing – fight for them instead of us old guys. I’m sure than anyone in this forum would be just as pleased to do that. Making the trophy a tag line for a week just to give the finger to everyone ( and get attention to possible future tournaments ) should be enough for us grown ( or are we ) ups :)

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Did you 3d print Cuphead Scott?  And do a ‘little’ woodworking for the base?  Really is a fun, unique creation!

Rajo Joey
                Participant
                  @joey2001

One day, I want to meet that guy – in Germany, preferably on Bulls and Balls @ Fulda, and I’m going to challenge him. If I’m not going to be able to beat him in pinball, then my next goal would be to see to that he at least can’t get as many beers as me down before giving up. At least the last task will be fun ;)

Ha, ha, that would be nice. :good:
                  I am sure, however, that you would win both challenges; definitely the second one with the beer. I hardly drink any alcohol. Have not been able to take it since childhood. :wacko:
                  So I’m holding back on it.
                  And I only played real pinball machines once in the last 35 years, a year or two ago at Freddy’s Pinball Paradise. For the first half hour I thought I was going home again because I can’t do it anymore. :negative: Didn’t hit balls properly.

Then my brain adjusted to it again and it got better. In the end, I played ten hours without a break. After that I was a bit exhausted and had to go to bed.

I wanted to play there a few times this year, but Corona got in the way. :cry:

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Ah. Understand exactly what you mean by not hitting, going from VP to the real deal. Takes me too, quite a lot of time to adjust. Yeah. Who knows when it will be possible to travel and enjoy real machines again.

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

@JR I love the Happy Gilmore video and yes that is a regulation sized center drain, just get out your virtual ruler and measure it :whistle: .

The Cuphead is 3d printed in PLA and came directly from Thingiverse which is a great place to look for stuff like this.  The base is made from some walnut that my dad and I picked up directly from a mom and pop lumber mill in Northern Wisconsin around 1983.  They sold fairly green cut local sourced lumber and you had to dry it yourself for a couple of years before you could use it.  It was like being a kid in a candy shop for me, I was surrounded by hundreds of board feet of just about every hard and soft wood from the area.  Maple, birch, black walnut, hickory along with pine and basswood.  We even found some birds eye maple in one of the stacks which I still have. B-)

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Hm, always wanted a birdseye maple tele :whistle:  Might be a tad heavy but I always figured that would make for amazing tone.

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

I must be the only guy with selfish thoughts of wanting to win that cup! LOL

Onevox
                          Participant
                            @rooster

@joey2001  @scottacus  @bord

In recognition of your achievement in the field of Cuphead Pro game play (and your graciousness in sparing the expense of trophy shipment) we are pleased to present you with this special first Official Cuphead Pinball Champion backglass.

I will PM you the link to the file, Joey.

IMG_1951

IMG_1950

Onevox, Scottacus & Bord

Onevox

3 users thanked author for this post.
                            JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

That is really slick!  And I just found out who Walter Day is btw.

Onevox
                              Participant
                                @rooster

Did you watch King of Kong? If not,  you  should. I have to keep reminding myself that it is a documentary.

Onevox

Scottacus
                                Participant
                                  @scottacus
                                  MembervipContributor

So that’s who the guy in the ref jersey is!

I think that Onevox’s idea of a special backglass as a prize for a tourney is a fantastic idea!  Joey will have fun with this when he has pinhead company over to play on his cab.  In my mind it goes something like this, he casually asks his guests what table they would like to play then scrolls across them until he lands on Cuphead.  He then mentions that they should check out the backglass, and says “oh by the way I won it as the prize for winning a world pinball tournament.”

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Truly a creative idea.  You could also make a 2nd and 3rd runner-up bg’s!  And….a last place consolation bg?  I might qualify for that.

Walter Day – just this afternoon I was reading up on what sounds like an amazing arcade in DeKalb -Star Worlds?- and I’m skimming through their pics and BOOM!  There’s that guy in the ref shirt from the Cuphead Cup thread!!   I was slow at work so I went down the Walter Day rabbit hole.  Will track down King of Kong.  Fun stuff.

Rajo Joey
                                    Participant
                                      @joey2001

I have another idea the last weeks. A cup in 3d which you could place on the backglass as a topper in virtual reality. So we only need this cup in 3d and we can place him in the editor.

I don’t have the skill to do something like this in blender, but I’m sure some people here can do this. And there can be a little plate on the cup as a texture with name of the winner and the tournament.

Here is a nice free one. It’s for cricket, but can also be a pinball. :yes: And I think, it looks great.

https://free3d.com/3d-model/icc-cricket-world-cup-trophy-2019-903030.html

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?