The Flintstones

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    grunger
    Participant
      @grunger

Wonderful table :)

One thing I’ve noticed – if you shoot up towards the pops either round the right orbit or up the dino lane while keeping one of the flippers energised as soon as the ball goes under the dino (is there a switch under there?) the flipper drops as if power to the solenoid has been cut, if you hit the button again they respond fine, but you have to release the button and then press it again to get it to see an input.

If that makes sense?

Don’t have a FS anymore, and I can’t remember if this is a bug or an expected behaviour?

Manolo / ICE
      Participant
        @kamerik

This gonna be so awesome ! Feels like opening a christmas present  :yahoo:

A BIG THANK YOU. To all involved for making, and sharing this beautiful table  :heart:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        MadderDog
        Participant
          @madderdog

flinstones_bugThis game is awesome, great job all of you involved. I have an issue though, when the ball should roll over the side bar it have no power and falls down back to the outhole and getting stuck there, see attached picture. What can i do? Any hint would be much appreciated since i love this table. I am at the latest VPX version…

:unsure:

Brew
          Participant
            @brew

This is Awesome! Thank you!

goofything
            Participant
              @goofything

Awesome! Thank you so much for all the hard work and dedication put into this table and this hobby at large.

3rdaxis
              Participant
                @3rdaxis
                MemberContributor

flinstones_bugThis game is awesome, great job all of you involved. I have an issue though, when the ball should roll over the side bar it have no power and falls down back to the outhole and getting stuck there, see attached picture. What can i do? Any hint would be much appreciated since i love this table. I am at the latest VPX version…

Have you changed anything like playfield slope or POV? I can’t for the life of me get the ball stuck there as it is.

DJRobX
                  @djrobx
                  MemberModerator

One thing I’ve noticed – if you shoot up towards the pops either round the right orbit or up the dino lane while keeping one of the flippers energised as soon as the ball goes under the dino (is there a switch under there?) the flipper drops as if power to the solenoid has been cut, if you hit the button again they respond fine, but you have to release the button and then press it again to get it to see an input.

It sounds like you either have an old beta of the table or something is up with your core.vbs.   That’s exactly what would happen before I added “NoUpperLeftFlipper” to table init.

You can change UseSolenoids=1 to turn off fast flips which should also clear the issue, but you really shouldn’t be having the issue with the 1.0 table with the proper VPX scripts.

grunger
                  Participant
                    @grunger

Definitely the latest V1.0 from here (I did indeed have the alpha and beta tables that were released to those in the group each went as the newer ones came)

I updated the fairly recent 10.6 beta I had to the final, along with the VPM 3.2 final (+the new DB2s) at the same time as putting this on the cab, so it should all be bang up to date, however I’ll certainly double check I don’t have an older core.vbs kicking around somewhere it shouldn’t be….

MadderDog
                    Participant
                      @madderdog

Have you changed anything like playfield slope or POV? I can’t for the life of me get the ball stuck there as it is.

Thanks for your idea, but i haven’t tampered with that on this table, need to take closer look at my 10.6.0 installation, there is many other things not working as expected…

:cry:

MadderDog
                      Participant
                        @madderdog

Found the problem, just letting others know if you stumble on this, my Configure (Optional) Global Physics Set in Visual Pinball X was all zeroed out. :-)

slippifishi
                        Participant
                          @slippifishi

Finally got to play the final version for myself this evening and it really is superb; I’m so pleased I have been able to get involved with this amazing effort and see my name alongside such legends of the community! Thanks for all the kind words from everyone here, I am glad you enjoy it. I should really be working on my next project this weekend but I’m not sure I will get as much done as planned due to playing this myself ;)

For anyone who uses freeplay, I have uploaded a very small update at vpu to cover a dot error; all other cases should already be covered so don’t bother if you use credits or don’t have a dot.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                          Siggi
                          Participant
                            @siggi

First: Thank you all for this wonderful table, it looks: :yahoo:

You did an amazing job, guys.

But if i could ask for something:

I’m using a 4K playfield and can’t get the table to run smooth at 60Hz. (GForce 2070)

I hope you’ll find a way to make this table less performance hungry.

Again, i love your work. :heart:

robertms
                            Participant
                              @mophead

I’m using a 4K playfield and can’t get the table to run smooth at 60Hz. (GForce 2070)

@siggi
                              The GTX2070 should have no trouble running this table at 4K/60. Make sure you’re running it in Force Exclusive Fullscreen mode, enable VSync and turn OFF “Update in-game Ambient Occlusion”. You can also do the trick with disabling Prim reflections mentioned earlier by g5k and djrobx (search this thread). If you still can’t get it to run smoothly post a screenshot of your VPX Video Options and NVidia settings here.

Pattyg234
                              Participant
                                @pattyg

Love this game great job

Is there a way to turn the sound up the playfield sound is good thanks

Siggi
                                Participant
                                  @siggi

Thank you, robertms, for your help. :good:

I set VSync in the graphigcard settings from on to fast and now the table is running much smoother around 60Hz with exclusiv Fullscreen.

With VSync off Hz are higher around 80Hz but table is not running smooth. Got a little bit of stutter. (But on every table)

I think the flashers are the reason.

Maybe we need someone who post the perfect NVidia settings for VPX so we have a good basis and don’t have to experiment anymore.

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

For anyone who uses freeplay, I have uploaded a very small update at vpu to cover a dot error; all other cases should already be covered so don’t bother if you use credits or don’t have a dot.

Thank you for the update Slippifishi!   I would simplify that – get the update if you’re using free play.  For those unaware of a “dot” – if the table detects an error WPC games add a period after the credits or free play.   So:

“FREE PLAY” = No diagnostics errors
                                    “FREE PLAY.”  = Diagnostic error – open the coin door and go into the service menu to read the error.

This ROM sometimes decides the Through 1 switch is not working.   It can happen at any time and it’s hard to clear once it happens.    I tried re-doing the trough a different way and it still popped up on my cab eventually.   That dot causes a big issue for colorizations that use it to know that a score is being displayed.   I never even knew about what that dot meant until I started dealing with colorizations.   Getting the update will ensure your colorization works correctly.

Franckyky
                                    Participant
                                      @franckyky

Amazing table!!! Huge thanks to you guys! You rock!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      bazkitkaise
                                      Participant
                                        @bazkitkaise

Flintstones – No ROM sounds

I’m pretty sure that this is a problem with VPX (my setup – 3 monitor cabinet ) itself, but I was hoping I could find the answer I’ve been looking for here. As I stated above, I hear table sounds like flippers, and the ball, etc… I just don’t hear any of the ROM stuff like callouts or sound FX. I’ve turned the ROM volume up in game to 25, and still nothing. I’ve checked my sound settings in mame, and all looks good. Here’s the kicker… it seems to be all older williams / bally / whatever else, but it doesn’t seem to impact the Stern tables. I’ve played Metallica, and AC/DC with no issue at all. I’m totally lost. In closing… The Flintstones table is probably one of the most beautiful tables I’ve seen in a long time, so OUTSTANDING work by all involved, and thank you!!! However… If it sounds half as good as it looks, then I’m in for a really great time playing it. Any help would be much appreciated.

CarnyPriest
                                        Participant
                                          @carnypriest

check and see if the romset you are using is missing its sound roms

Setup.exe (VPinMAME package) – Test button – Scroll to The Flintstones code version that you are trying to use – Check ROMs.

bazkitkaise
                                          Participant
                                            @bazkitkaise

I just checked that, and the ROM is checking fine. I’m having the same problem with Attack From Mars. I can’t figure it out. Flintstones, and AFM I get no ROM sound. Metallica, Jurassic Park and AC/DC work fine. I can’t figure out why those work, and the other two don’t.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 241 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?