The Machine – Bride Of Pinbot (Williams 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

Refresh is getting very close.

Finally getting to spend some time on BOP. Man… where to start on all of the new stuff going in:

New modulated GI flashing (thanks nfozzy)
      New plastics prims (thanks Cyberpez)
      All PF objects more precisely scaled.
      HMLF physics
      Upper PF new precisely scaled
      Much more realistic (and cantankerous) skill shot
      New flipper physics (Thanks Rothbauerw)
      Tons of improved 3D objects
      BOP 2.0 blue helmet rights option
      Flasher dome prims (thanks Flupper)
      All new lighting

Heres a teaser pic:

Table is playing fantastic. Trying to get this one wrapped up and released ASAP.

Stay tuned. [:)]

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Attachments:
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Damn, I need to get my ass moving on my rebuild. I already rated this table as near to perfect like Funhouse and BBB.
        Looking at the guys who have given input – I’m sure it is a improvement. Got something tool look forward to I guess.

… thank you Bill, stay awesome !

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Great wrd :good:
          There was the Shuttle on the left Ramp or ?

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

Great wrd :good: There was the Shuttle on the left Ramp or ?

I believe its going to be an option, if i’m not wrong…

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Ah yes, i also “borrowed” this for Space Station at right Ramp, on VPX ;)

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

Here is a beta for you guys to try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjpl2tf74yu0xmq/The%20Machine%20-%20Bride%20Of%20Pinbot%20%28Williams%201991%29RC4_beta.vpx?dl=0

I am really looking for technical and visual glitches since so much has changed. Please post all comments and suggestions.

Thanks

-B

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

2 users thanked author for this post.
                Poochie
                Participant
                  @poochiewoochie

This looks amazing, thanks for the new version! i gave it a bash last night.

1 thing i noticed was the ball gets stuck after plunging now and again, about 2 inches up from the plunger tip. plunging again will make it fall back down and you can plunge properly. I didn’t notice any other graphical or tech glitches aftre playing about 5 games, physics are very different to past versions i’ve played but i’m not sure if you wanted feedback on that aspect of play.

looks amazing though, wow, really nice so far. I own a real Pin*Bot so it’s nice to have his virtual bride next to him that always gives me a kick :good:

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

Rev 1.2 has been released.

Enjoy :-)

8 users thanked author for this post.
                    ganjafarmer
                    Participant
                      @ganjafarmer

I can speak now! :yahoo:

Nice man, just download, play, enjoy, play, enjoy, play, enjoy. What can i say. Play, enjoy, play, enjoy.

Thank you. :good:

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Wonderful update – thank you !

Laylow
                        Participant
                          @pinlow
                          MemberContributor

Excellent update Wrd1972 and all other guys, awesome looks and physics!

Ah

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

This table is nuts! :) great job wrd :good: are you done with it now or still things you want to tweak yet?

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Loftman44
                            Participant
                              @loftman44

Very very very good job !  Great update . Amazing  :wacko:

Gameplay is nice , physics are very good  :yahoo:

RallyRally
                              Participant
                                @rallyrally

I ended up changing BallMass back to 1.05 and use my own flipper settings, but everything else is a marked improvement! I like the lighting changes especially.

Sven34
                                Participant
                                  @sven34

Thank you very much  wrd1972 for Update  :good:

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

….ing awesome! Thanks again!

Flint_Beastwood
                                    Participant
                                      @flint-beastwood

Just want to let you know, this is the best version of this table I have played so far.  Thanks to everyone who previously updated this table and of course you for making it that much more AWESOME!!!  Absolutely love it!!

Pike13
                                      Participant
                                        @pike13

Thanks for the update, one of my favorites.  Have a couple of noob questions if anyone can give me any insight…

1. Does anyone know the difference between the L7 and L8 roms?
                                        2. So say I wanted this to look as close as possible to a physical, as-manufactured pinball machine, what options give me that look?  Obviously not dealing with a real machine but was just wondering.  Tried to check out IPDB and compare but not 100% sure.  All of the ‘normal’ options, no shuttle, wood walls, black rubbers?
                                        3. I play in a cabinet and I need to fiddle with the backglass settings for the right rotation (need to have my XY at 270).  Does anyone have any suggestions on the other values to use?  I took what was previously in the 1.1 rev and that looks pretty darn good (not perfect, for me cuts off a little of the bottom instructions and a little bit of the top), just was wondering if there was a universal suggestion on a common set of property values.
                                        Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark
                                          1. I play in a cabinet and I need to fiddle with the backglass settings for the right rotation (need to have my XY at 270). Does anyone have any suggestions on the other values to use? I took what was previously in the 1.1 rev and that looks pretty darn good (not perfect, for me cuts off a little of the bottom instructions and a little bit of the top), just was wondering if there was a universal suggestion on a common set of property values.

Here is the best way to get the exact look your are looking for.

http://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/  A nice little tutorial written by drybonz

Of course we can always ask Hauntfreaks cause let’s face, his usually looks pretty darn good.  :whistle:

But Camera/lightmode will get you close.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

@pike13 google is you best friend … about the bop_l8

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-l8-rom

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 324 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?