Total Nuclear Annihilation

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

The guy is a fan and wanted to build it. Let him do it.

Nice to hear a refreshing perspective from a table designer.

rablack97
      Participant
        @rablack97

wow that is great news @BorgDog

rablack97
        Participant
          @rablack97

ok take back my comments, its very much playable in desktop mode.  Cabinet mode not so much, but a bad ass first attempt….. :good:

acedanger
          Participant
            @acedanger

How do you play in Desktop mode?  Sorry…

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@borgdog yes I would agree he is a fan. To be honest I would thing if ANYTHING the we might make him mad as it’s not “good enough” yet. But thanks for the information.  I wouldn’t think they would feel any different about fan art stuff… heck I’m looking at buying a tna as we speak!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

rablack97
              Participant
                @rablack97

same here @randr, i own zero pinballs, and this is the first one i am seriously considering putting my house.  I’ve been playing the desktop version here for an hour or so, even better once the soundtrack is added.

senseless
                Participant
                  @senseless

Played TNA prototype (if you may call it that) at Texas Pinball Festival last year and it was great, very refreshing and I liked the the whole transparant cabinet approach. The current version is different but can’t wait to play the real thing again. Let’s hope it’s playable at the next TPA.

Thanks for sharing the beta and your dedication, following ;).

rablack97
                  Participant
                    @rablack97

you mean 2 years ago, last year there were like 4 TNA’s and the original whitewood at TPF.  It will be at TPF again this year. I may be able to get one in my setup this year.

spookyMoulder
                    Participant
                      @spookymoulder

@acedanger 

How do you play in Desktop mode?  Sorry…

Answer to your question. Some of these pinball games are for cabinet’s like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hP9RipKg0   so desktop mode just means playing on a computer without a special setup. You can play this using version 10.5 beta found here https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-beta-builds/

i hope this helps you

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

No reason to run any betas. 10.5 is released already.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        tnjhead
                        Participant
                          @tnjhead

Looks Awesome so far! cant wait till its finished Much appreciated as tis is my sons and mine favorite table!

spookyMoulder
                          Participant
                            @spookymoulder

No reason to run any betas. 10.5 is released already
                            https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/ 

@Thalamus
                            Oh Thank you. That will be helpful. You don’t know if there is a demo or blank pinball table with UltraDMD already scripted do you ? I tried to copy the scripts for UltraDMD and it did not work because I had no score. I probably did it wrong   :unsure:

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

I’m sorry to say that I’ve yet to try to make anything using UltraDmD. Originals isn’t really my #1 thing. It if often best to start with something others have done before you. In this case, just find a original that is fairly simple and look at the code. Don’t go for the stuff that Randr is doing for Jaws etc. Those contains way to many lines of code. Normally, you’ll get someone to help you as long as you ask politely, and are showing that you’ve tried and really are stuck on a problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              LynnInDenver
                              Participant
                                @lynnindenver

Scottywic has what amounts to a template table with basic UltraDMD and PUP over at http://orbitalpin.com/.

I’ve also got some functionality in my table frame I was working on, copied from that template, and haven’t had a chance to get back to so I can start making new tables: https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/my-table-template-for-original-tables/page/2/#post-88914

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

gmee123
                                Participant
                                  @gmeekin

TNA is a fun table , but so in furiating when the balls drain out lol  It’s a very fast playing game.    If i could get one for around 3500 i’d bite, but until then, I won’t even consider it lol I’ll be happy to just play it at the local pinball arcade hehe

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

ok, so evidently a lot of craziness has ensued since I posted that up, in hindsight I probably didn’t present it the best.  while Scott is fine with spookyMoulder’s fan creation he would really rather have people wait until the run of production is done, at such time he will be glad to work with someone to make it a really nice reproduction with all the correct assets (sounds images music etc) and code.  he hasn’t said where or what he will do it in, but he would rather see a really nice accurate version done which just isn’t going to happen without his involvement (no offense intended spookyMoulder).  this isn’t a project where there is a rom available that runs all the code and you just build the physical part to interact with it.  This is more in line with the proc and CCC tables, in fact would probably be done similar to how that was done, except CCC code is open, currently TNA is not.  be patient and wait, Spooky plans to stop production at 550 machines and has sold around 500 so far, so hopefully a real good-accurate version can be done soon.

Hope that made sense, sorry for the trouble.  B-)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Well said Dan. And could not agree more.

If a manufacturer kind of commits to allowing us the “authentic” resources for a virtual, once the run is done. Why would the community NOT wait until then. This pretty much is the “Holy Grail” process of reproducing newer real pins in VP, And I would hate to see that fall through and the manufacturer pull out, due to impatience.

Just my two cents. :)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Personally. I don’t understand why they would stop at 550 if it is selling. I surely would not. Nothing would be better if Scott helped us out to make this come to VP, I hope at the same time we could convince him to also give us the code for his Earthshaker mod. THAT would be awesome.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

I approved the table thinking it was more of a bat around a ball on a table that somewhat looks like tna. No disrespect to the uploader it’s just neat to load up on cab and hit the ball around.

i never thought it was close enough to the real table to cause such an issue on the other site that’s for sure.

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

i never thought it was close enough to the real table to cause such an issue on the other site that’s for sure.

It doesn’t take much… I wouldn’t sweat it.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?