TRON-Classic (Original 2018) Mod v1.0

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Ben Logan2
    Participant
      @benlogan2

This is a great piece of work, Xenonph.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      xenonph
      Participant
        @xenonph
        MemberContributor

Thanks Ben!!

Hey do you have DOF in your cabinet?

Did the new version 1.01 fix the no DOF problem?

I am sure it did, but just need one person who has DOF hooked up to confirm this.

kds70
        Participant
          @kds70

DOF works for me with 1.01. Bumpers, Kickers, Slings, Targets – all is fine … well done. Thanks :rose:

ps: DOF users remember to choose “panthera7” rom in the panthera table settings (dof config).

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

very nice job man…

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

Like i said before, this will be the only original table on my cab!

Outstanding work! Thanks to all involved!

whoa, whoa big fella…. that’s some strong fightin’ words right there…  no other??…. Geesh!

arconovum
              Participant
                @nicholaschristopher
                MemberContributor

whoa, whoa big fella…. that’s some strong fightin’ words right there… no other??…. Geesh!

It’s cuz yours has too many bugs HF.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Like i said before, this will be the only original table on my cab! Outstanding work! Thanks to all involved!

whoa, whoa big fella…. that’s some strong fightin’ words right there… no other??…. Geesh!

um, yeah, what haunt says!

Dallas
                  Participant
                    @dallasj

Just got to say WOW what a superb table. The quality at the moment of VPX TABLES IS AMAZING.

Well done to all those involved, just love it.

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

I just updated to version 1.02

Here is what changed…

Version 1.02
                      Added Time period option per BorgDogs request, which removes all voice and music sounds to make it more like that time period of tables. Thanks for the request BorgDog!!
                      Find this option on Line 22 in table script.
                      Default setting is 0 which plays all the sounds.
                      Change from 0 to 1 and all voice and background music sound effects are gone.
                      You will still get non-voice sound effects and flashers with options set to 1.
                      Or you can toggle sounds on and off with Magna-Save buttons. (L-CTRL and R-CTRL)
                      Right Magna-Save shuts off sounds, left Magna-Save turns them back on.
                      I moved the spinner pics to be toggled with Buy-In button, or 2 key on keyboard.
                      Added flasher and GI lights to DT backdrop.
                      Added 6 more sound effects, including 2 kicker bonus count sound effects.
                      (One of these is the laser zapping flynn into computer world.)
                      (As soon as I can learn how to tie sound effects to lights, I will add drain bonus light count sound effect.)
                      BorgDog was kind enough to add his goodies to the table!!!
                      He…
                      Changed flippers
                      Changed kicker (cut hole in playfield image)
                      Animated the rubbers behind the drops
                      Couple other minor changes.

Hope you all enjoy!!!

Powernapping then back to work on Night of the Living Dead!!

Gonna be a kick ass table!!

HiRez00 was born to work on these tables!!!

I am telling you, he is learning quickly, and is already damn good at what he does!!

Ok I am off to nap.

Carry on.

senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

Thanks for fixing DOF and the latest update. Although I understand where BorgDog is coming from…I’m going for the full sound options :)!

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Options is always a winner – so, thank you Xenonph/BorgDog/HiRez00 for both the table and making it easy for us to change such features.

fakingdeath
                          Participant
                            @fakingdeath

The sound with the magna save turned out pretty cool. Neat to be able to just flip back and forth. Never thought about that. Thank you.

TerryRed
                              @terryred
                              MemberContributorModerator

EM’s aren’t my favorite tables to play on virtual cabs….. but when you do these kind of mods to them they sure are!

Sound is a big deal for me with tables….and the DMD era are my favs, but the sound from that time is aweful. Nice things about EM’s is that they are much easier to add custom sound and music too.

Fantastic job…of course I’m a Tron fan. Having been working on Tron Legacy tables and PuP-Packs for so long, I forgot just how awesome the classic movie’s sounds effects and music are.

Thanks for this wonderful surprise!

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

EM’s aren’t my favorite tables to play on virtual cabs….. but when you do these kind of mods to them they sure are!

Sound is a big deal for me with tables….and the DMD era are my favs, but the sound from that time is aweful. Nice things about EM’s is that they are much easier to add custom sound and music too.

Fantastic job…of course I’m a Tron fan. Having been working on Tron Legacy tables and PuP-Packs for so long, I forgot just how awesome the classic movie’s sounds effects and music are.

umm, it’s not an EM   :scratch:

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

Big thanks to JPSalas for the great build (as usual).  You can always tell a JPSalas game because the playability is on point.  Maybe it’s just bad games but I would say it’s at a higher difficulty than usual, which I like!

I popped into this thread to comment and I see Terry expressed pretty much exactly how I feel.

Xenonph & HiRez00: I like theme mods of real tables but usually I don’t love them as although fun, they don’t always have a near enough level of polish or the layout/graphic/sound/music isn’t always a perfect fit for the theme chosen (at least in my own mind’s eye, no disrespect intended).  Well, I too am a big fan of Tron and IMHO you guys nailed it in all aspects.  From the pop bumper flashes to the great sound bits (hit events and/voices) to the great music, to the graphic touches, every part of this mod feels like a natural fit.  The light show itself isn’t over done, rather to me it’s just perfect IMHO.

On the subject of music or voice bits, thank you for adding options to play it more in 80’s style of pins but glad you’ve went all out with the callouts and music.  IMHO this very specific movie to me makes me want all that talking/music more than what the 80’s had to offer BECAUSE this is Tron, so in my dreams when that movie came out, I envisioned a world where pinball was more than what it was and your conversion makes my old wish into a reality!

This is a keeper, thanks again!

Schreibi34
                                  Participant
                                    @schreibi34

Mwuahaha!

Alright my friend. As soon as the cab is running again i will start chasing roaches. Promised! :rose:

TerryRed
                                      @terryred
                                      MemberContributorModerator

umm, it’s not an EM :scratch:

It was late last night and I was too tired to pay attention to the fact that I had to get the “rom” for this to work…..DUH!

Correction noted….but my comments about EM’s remains the same. I like the real things…but I like the virtual ones when they are  modded much better personally.

Meek424424
                                      Participant
                                        @meek424424

Great work to all involved! This is a super fun table with awesome sounds and lights. One of my new favorites for sure! :)

Sendog2017
                                        Participant
                                          @sendog2017

Incredible. One of my top favs, thanks for all the hard work!!!!

B-)

Loganchihuahua
                                          Participant
                                            @chihua07

Xenonph. First off i want to comment on how much i love this table. It has been a go to table for me for the last year, and i just love it.  It is such a cool table with all the music and sound effects. Top notch original. However, i decided to reach out to you about a strange issue i have with 1.02

I have always played 1.01, because anytime i try 1.02 the plastics on the rubber bumpers on the bottom left and right and along the top etc all dissappear and it just shows the metal models underneath. When the table first loads all the plastics are there. The minute you start the game, they disappear with bare metal models underneath showing.

1.01 no problems for me. So i have always played 1.01. Which i love!!! But would love to get any insight you have on why 1.02 would be doing that?  PLaying 10.5 and the latest 10.6 beta.

Thank you for the table!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?