Twilight Zone Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    rrob
    Participant
      @rrob

Solved! Ty

stelloboy
      Participant
        @stelloboy

tldr – only table sounds working or appearing in sound manager

Hi all,

First, thanks to all who contributed to this. I am speechless at how realistic it is. So I am very new to this (just installed and ran my first visual pinball table ever yesterday, on a cabinet I built last week); apologies for my ignorance, I’ve done my best to try to figure this out. First tables I ran were WCS and scared stiff, no sound issues. Installed this one and for some reason I’m only hearing the table sounds and only seeing those in the sound manager. This also happened in the most recent Addams I found.

As advised on many other posts I tried using end/8/9 to adjust, triple checked the sound settings using “audio options,” F1, F12, drivers, adjusting sample rate, every adjustment I could think of thru windows settings: no dice.  What I can’t figure out is why the only sound files that seem to appear in the sound manager are the fx sounds, so. . . do I need to import sounds from elsewhere?

Any help would be most appreciated. The amount of awesome creation and friendly community going on here has blown my mind, looking forward to contributing once I start figuring this stuff out!

alexlevy
        Participant
          @alexlevy

Good afternoon,

Is there any way to adjust the GI to make it brighter?  The back end of the table is very dark.

Do we need to modify the script or is there a configurable option?

Thanks!

alexlevy
          Participant
            @alexlevy

Nevermind :)   Found the day/night slider.

SG1bsoN
            Participant
              @sg1bson

Hi Everyone

It’s my first time posting here and just want to thank everyone that puts these tables together, you guys are truly amazing! I only got my cab a couple of months ago and it’s been a steep learning curve installing all of the software and tables and I couldn’t have done it without all of the help in the forums and with the guides available, so thank you again. I saw the black and white Twilight Zone version that HauntFreaks did although unfortunately it had already been taken down so thought I would see if I could do it myself with this version by Skitso (a bigger undertaking than I expected) Well it actually came out Okay! I exported all of the images and converted them to grey scale and then dropped them back in the table and adjusted the lighting until it all looked okay. It looks cool with the DMD changed to BW and I’m almost finished with the B2S too. I would love to be able to share it and give something back to the community (even if you pick it apart and tell me I’ve done it all wrong :) but of course I don’t want to upset anyone. I’ve attached a screenshot so you can see what I’ve done.. not really sure on what to do next, I guess I’ll wait to see what people think. Oh I’ve only tested it on my cabinet not on desktop so not sure how it will look there

Twilight Zone BW Mode Playfield

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I would be surprised if anyone would object violently to a regular upload of your work. It is already a mod, a very good one I might add. But, just wait, I’m sure that some of the guys that made this version will chime in and give you the nod … or not ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

A couple thoughts, @sg1bson.

I agree that the Skitso version of TZ is the definitive VPX version so it makes sense to base a B&W mod on it. I’ve considered doing it a few times myself.

I question the decision to turn every VP texture to B&W per your screenshot. This could have been accomplished by simply replacing the LUT. I think a far cooler effect (the one that the previous B&W version used) is to change the printed art to B&W but keep the wood wood-toned, the metal metallic, the lighting incandescent and the flashers their native colors. This keeps one visual foot in the real world, letting different colors of light bounce off of B&W art.

Here is an example of what I mean. My B&W retheme of WhoDunnit:

render1

I don’t think I’d upload a version of yours as-is. You could just share a B&W or sepia LUT and give everyone the two-step instruction on how to swap it into their version of TZ. Don’t take it as discouragement, clearly you’re thinking of ways to make a cool mod of the best playing version of the table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  SG1bsoN
                  Participant
                    @sg1bson

Thanks @bord and @thalamus for your feedback.. trust me to do it the hard way! You know the old saying.. “Learn something new everyday!” I think I’ll have another go using just the LUT this time and keeping the wood natural as you suggested, that WhoDunnit table looks amazing and is now next on my download list.

Again thanks for responding ??

SG1bsoN
                    Participant
                      @sg1bson

@bord is there any chance you have a link to your B&W retheme of Whodunnit? I can’t find it anywhere ?

bord
                        @bord

@bord is there any chance you have a link to your B&W retheme of Whodunnit? I can’t find it anywhere ?

It is a private mod (still in WIP) right now but the physics are KILLER. Haven’t talked to Rob about permission to mod yet. Might wait until I can do a VPE release.

PS check your PMs.

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw
                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

It is a private mod (still in WIP) right now but the physics are KILLER.

You know how to pique my interest.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

/me checks his PM’s … :whistle: :cry:

bord
                              @bord

You know how to pique my interest.

Just trying to lure you out of sabbatical… B-)

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

Thalamus and Loaf: finally something in common

eheh Bord, that looks great but personally I’d go further and change the pics on the playfield to some of us degenerates LOL

SG1bsoN
                                Participant
                                  @sg1bson

Quick update for anyone that might be interested.. Heres some screen grabs of my second attempt following along the guidelines that @bord suggested I try. It’s coming along nicely :)

Twilight Zone BW Mode V2 SG1Twilight Zone BW Mode V2 SG2

bord
                                    @bord

:heart:

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

@sg1bson : Looks very nice – and you should not feel bad about your first suggestion. I was doing a “doh”, when I saw Bord’s suggestion myself. I honestly do believe, or at least hope that I would have thought of the lut adjustment as a valid way if I where about to re-create it the way you’re now heading. Just put it on the account for, if you don’t try, you won’t learn anything – and get over with it ;) As you might have seen already, not the greatest of fan for things that doesn’t look authentic, or plays the same as before. But, from the preview, I have a strong feeling that this one will be installed and cherished. :good:

cyberpez
                                      Participant
                                        @cyberpez

I like it with the few pops of color.  Always wanted to give this mod a go.  Looking great so far!!

@bord
                                        Who Dunnit looks super great.  That’s something I didn’t know I needed.

naeromagus
                                        Participant
                                          @naeromagus

Not to crash this support topic, but Wow @bord that looks amazing! Maybe a private test? :whistle:

And its nice to see you around here again, hope things are going well @rothbauerw

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

Great Game
                                            If you’re experiencing some game lag / Long time to load
                                            Open the game in the editor, On the left click options, On the right set Post-Proc AA to default

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 241 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?