Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

@bruce sorry just re-read the post. That is awful.

I just tried it now and it was 7.2 mb/sec

naeromagus
      Participant
        @naeromagus

Thanks randr, the downloads are working as they should. 8-10mbps. Comcast, Nepa 

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

@naeromagus
          thanks for the report! Whatever  got fixed I think it is indeed fixed. Thankfully

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

@randr is the man.

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Hi Randr.  Yep, the download speeds are superbly improved here, now very fast. Not exactly as fast as they used to be, but much improved and for sure more than acceptable.  I think it took a min to download one of the large VR Room tables, where it used to take something like almost an hour last week (that type of size was like 20 seconds a couple of months ago but sure it’s not as fast but let’s be real, this is excellent transfer speed!).  I do get some forum delays when say, selecting to show “recent activity/Most Recent Forums Posts”, not horrible but not as snappy as before this “slow wave” issue but still, everything is presently working much better.

Thanks for all you do, I know you may have not done anything directly to fix this (the issue was something between your site and most of ours) but I’m sure your constant pestering to your IP about this issue may have motivated them to contact others and ended up resolving the issue

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Speeds also vastly improved in my location yesterday.  Very weird how the issue migrated.  Bizarre.

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

I tried it earlier it was 8.4 mb per sec
                  I just tried it now and it’s 118 KB per sec

krisser
                  Participant
                    @krisser

Getting fair speeds here 1.5-1-8mb/sec not great but much better then last 30 days thats for sure

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

dammit back to getting super shitty transfer speeds again :(

Gwen
                      Participant
                        @gwen

JR wrote:
                        Speeds also vastly improved in my location yesterday. Very weird how the issue migrated. Bizarre.

Same issue here too.  I’m in northern WA state.

Gwen
                        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

I’m an eastern Canada dude.  Maybe it’s just me today, was good a few days ago

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Slow here again. I will talk to ISP again but really nothing i can do about it… will report back with info

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Update:

Seems like same network issue has hit again! NOTHING is wrong with server or site its a network/route issue and put off moving server as speeds were good again but if this continues i will need to move it. for now i will wait a few days and see what happens but if no improvement i will move server to east coast. sorry guys but is what it is

for IOS and Android

JR
                              The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

This is not your fault Randr, no worries. Sorry to hear that damn server/computer along the way is causing this issue. I’m sure there are other sites sitting after that faulty box that are affected like you too.  Sucks!

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

@thoafer yes same thing. Slow as heck for me yet fast for roth. Not a server issue but a routing issue. Same as before so somebody tripped over some cable in the bathroom closet again or something! Lol

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I copied all files to NEW SERVER and location is on east coast rather then west coast…. I was going to test this but i think it somehow switched DNS automatically and instantly switch from old location to new! OOOOOPPPPS!!!!!

BUT i think everything is working so please test site and see if its working as expected and report any issues here please.

So site is now running on a shiny new server lets hope routes are working better for everyone now

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

Hi there!  so I clicked on Bride of Pinbot VR Room download, selected open (instead of save as) and it opened instantly.  IE: probably took 2-3 seconds to download a 120 mb file versus the 30-60 min it was taking on the old server.

thank you so much sir for doing this server move, for me, it’s now working better than ever. Also pages are popping up a lot faster with less delay while the browser “thinks about it” lol

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

@theloafer

Yes i am seeing BLAZING download speeds as well but a slight delay when submitting a post in forums. I may need to install redis on new server(was on old server) but need to test this further before i jump back to redis. So far everything seems to be working but i cant check EVERYTHING so please poke around and test things

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

I was getting various delays when posting, when checking new posts, when clicking on posts, etc. Right now it may need tweaking but its faster in all facets. Maybe one is a little slow: liking or thanking posts seems like maybe it should be faster but I dunno about that.

I have company so may be limited in testing but will do what I can good friend.

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Hmmm, something may be screwed up with notifications. When you thanked one of my posts, I got 8 notifications!  I mean I know my posts carry a lot of weight and I’m kind of godly around here but jeez, this may likely lead to a serious ego boost!

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?