Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I just dont know…..

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Doing a lot of optimizing trying to speed up this wordpress site. lost a few new members that signed up today i think 4 members i deleted. well what can i say please resign up! hoping site will load faster as i get things straightened out

for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Learning this new server so sorry about down time. I think i have some memory issues with the server not sure? I am always working on the site to improve it so understand if its down i am working on site. I will make things run good just takes a huge learning curve on this stuff

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Blashyrk
          Participant
            @blashyrk

You’re doing great randr :D

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

well thanks. i am trying

for IOS and Android

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Disabled chat to see if that is causing memory leak.

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                Participant
                  @jesperpark

There IS a chat function? I guess not a big deal in my world

But i will start calling my getting old and forgetting a “Memory Leak”

Thanks for the hard work,

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Yeah i really like the chat feature but will leave it off for a day or two for testing. If site crashes again then i know to look somewhere else at least.  :wacko:

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Still working on site…

reduced the load of “landing” page to a simpler design not sure if it loads faster?

Chat still disabled for now still checking for memory leak

removed a lot of unneeded details that i hope will speed things up a bit

I will not give up on wordpress yet i have way to much invested and i sure like the look but dang its just seems a bit on slow side! i did install SMF forums as a test and converted these forums to it and is soooo fast but also soooo boring B-)

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Added a new chat client for testing so let me know how it works please. This new chat is more expensive but if it works better then will be worth it! The main focus of this site was to make a forum more social so live chat is a must have option. hope it works!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Got Badging to work finally! not so easy to do on WordPress thats for sure. Hauntfreaks is first vip will add more to the club as i get time(took all night to figure it out) Will also add other badges for post count and other contributions to this site. thanks guys for everyones help and if you can find better badging logos im up for anything that looks good

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

whoohoo VIP status… can I boot people?… does everyone now need to call me Mr. VIP?… are my drinks comped??…. Garçon!! Garçon!!  grey-poop-on please!!

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Currently just a title oh and gives you free access to this site and unlimited downloads and unlimited messages oh wait every has that. I will make it different some how but for now enjoy it :yahoo:

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

@hauntfreaks can you make a better dmd speaker panel with v.i.p. for badge? also one for member? contributor? newbie? or greenhorn? admin? you need to earn your vip the hard way now! LMAO oh see the one i made in like 2 min.. Fren needs a stern one

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Contacted Tapatalk and hope they will improve support for wordpress forum timeline but ive asked before. I use tapatalk like most people and maybe they will fix it?

Also working with hauntfreaks to get some badges for members here! with participation points you will “earn” badges kinda standard forum stuff but will be custom badges with different pinball speaker panels with the dmd showing rank. Neat stuff!

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I contacted tapatalk about the timeline bug and they said they will be fixing the bug! looking forward to the fix so i can use tapatalk for this forum! hope its fixed soon!

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Having issues with server. Im looking into it. sorry guys.

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

I think its basically working again. please let me know of any issues. I got a lot going on with work and a deck had someone working on test site and all heck broke loose no idea whats going on yet but should be ok now

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

:wacko:

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

looks fine on chrome, right now….

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?