WoZ WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    nickbuol
    Participant
      @nickbuol

So in the end, I got the B2S crash to go away by using the 4GB patch app mentioned previously.  My wife was so excited to play it.  Thank you for the hard work so far.

ckpin
      Participant
        @ckpin

Woz WIP Update (updated link plus an additional link in the first post)  …

There are changes to the vpx file and the addition of a PUPpack to be placed in PUPpack/PupVideos/woz_original directory.

The updated version of the previous link does not include the PUPpack and a constant in the table script (line 182 Const PUPpack) is set to False.

The additional link includes the PUPpack directory and sets the above constant (line 182 Const PUPpack)
        in the table script to True. This constant must be set to True to trigger all the videos included.

Specifically the changes include:

If you can run a PUPpack, there are now some movie clips for the table that replace some animations and images.
        This is an interim approach that uses table script DOF commands to trigger the playing of the clips while the
        original backglass remains active (so DO NOT remove the backglass file from the table directory). This is
        probably not the final nor is it the recommended approach to add this capability.

If you can’t run a PUPpack you should use the previous link and then the only visible changes are a few image updates (thanks to EmBee) and minor fixes. The table also has a DOFConfigTool entry and its own romname, woz_original, (thanks RandR and arngim).

On the “ToDo” list are:

videos for the backglass and how to migrate the backglass to what Nailbuster has recommended
        improved and more 3D models (with support offered from Mr_H),
        adding SOTR game mode,
        higher resolution plastics,
        and lighting adjustments.

7 users thanked author for this post.
        DigitalPowertrip
        Participant
          @digitalpowertrip

Keep it up! This table (I downloaded the PUP version) is going to be killer, heck it already is. The gameplay is really fun and I’m glad you did a PUP version because this table really lends itself to it. Thanks for all the hard work!

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

For some reason the videos on the pup version don’t seem to play though I hear them, instead I just see the regular backglass still pics. I suspect I have to adjust the pup config for this table so that only the backglass works

table is getting better and better though

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

For some reason the videos on the pup version don’t seem to play though I hear them, instead I just see the regular backglass still pics. I suspect I have to adjust the pup config for this table so that only the backglass works

quick method if to puppack editor,  screen 7 set this as your custom pos:  2,0,0,100,100

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

quick method if to puppack editor, screen 7 set this as your custom pos: 2,0,0,100,100

Thanks, I’ll try this tonight

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

tried it, still doesn’t look like it’s working.  Just to verify, the PUP game over video plays smooth right (except for the game over at the end, that seems choppy).  I mean if I manually load the video from the pup folder, it def plays smooth.  But the game over video seems to be identical to the non pup very, choppy.

Every other pup seems to work ok, so not sure what’s up.  It’s late I’ll investigate this tomorrow, very bizarre.

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

so I didn’t go to sleep but I did sort out the issue :)

The pup pack points to using screen 7 which is listed as other 1 backglass 2, so I had set in the pinup player config for  other 1 backglass 2 to be enabled.  The fix was disabled that one and set other 2/topper layer2 to show popup (hide paused) and ensure the display is place over the backglass, save and now it works fine.

This may be my fault, maybe I didn’t set up pinup properly but whatever the case, it works now .  I must say, it’s nice to see the vids full screen!  Nice job ckpin

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

table is awesome.  the pup pack works but no backglass.  I downloaded the patch but wasn’t sure what to do with it>

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

Tom: the 4GB patch is for you to run on B2SBackglassServerEXE.exe.  Always backup the file first, then give it a try.  it’s pretty safe

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

Still no luck with backglass.  Ugh

ckpin
                          Participant
                            @ckpin

Apologies for not helping here on the support side.   Definitely appreciate the efforts by others (e.g. The Loafer) to help each other out.

Presently I am working with Tarcisio who is essentially redoing the backglass and EmBee who is wroking on some more videos as well as trying to fill in some holes in the game.  This has left little time for anything else.

TOM: If the backglass loads when you use the NON-PUPvideo version then it is most likely a PUP screen configuration issue. You still need to have the backglass in the table directory (unlike other PUP packs).  If it doesn’t load at all then its most likely an issue with B2S server and your machine.  As “The Loafer” suggests the 4G patch is the first thing to try if the problem is the latter.  Beyond that you may have stumbled into something new so more information about your machine may help.  I would encourage you to double check (which you probably have already done) for configuration issues (e.g. file names the same, latest version of the B2s server).  I have not checked if things run properly on VPX 10.6 but 10.5 seems OK. Although it shouldn’t matter I’m running with SAMBuild_r4656 & dmdeext-v1.7.2-x86.  My version of B2S Backglass server is 1.3.0.1.  My machines run W7 pro, i7, 960 & 1070 both with 32GB but it should run on less.  Hope this helps.

Gwen
                            Participant
                              @gwen

I can’t seem to get this to run without getting an out of memory error on the b2s file.  Any suggestions?  I have tried the 4gb patch but it didn’t help.  If I rename the b2s file and launch the table it runs just fine with no backglass.

Thanks,

Gwen

Gwen
                              - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

Minded the same thing when I was running a 32 bit operating system. Upgrade to 64 and all my problems went away. It was the same with G.I. Joe and masters of the Universe.

Gwen
                                Participant
                                  @gwen

Minded the same thing when I was running a 32 bit operating system. Upgrade to 64 and all my problems went away. It was the same with G.I. Joe and masters of the Universe.

I am running windows 10 64 bit.

Gwen

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

How much ram do you have?
                                    Try a smaller resolution for your back glass and see what happens.

Make sure you have nothing else running

If you are running this version of the back glass you can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game

B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.3

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

Gwen
                                    Participant
                                      @gwen

If you are running this version of the back glass you can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game

16GB system ram and 12GB video ram.  Thanks for the other info, I’ll see what it yields for me.

Gwen

Gwen
                                      Participant
                                        @gwen

16GB system ram and 12GB video ram. Thanks for the other info, I’ll see what it yields for me.

Thanks for the help with this.  I bumped the b2s resolution down one notch using the .res file as you suggested which enabled me to get the backglass to open with the table.  I then set the backglass to run with the .exe and I am now able to play the table with the backglass at nearly full screen size.  =)

Gwen

Bambi Plattfuss
                                        Participant
                                          @bambiplattfuss

Thanks to all Involved! Great table and awesome pup Pack!

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

@ckpin any reason you didn’t add support topic to th download? This should be enabled when uploaded you can edit your upload option is at bottom :)

********************************************************
                                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 109 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?