WoZ WIP

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

Really nice improvements!  Cosmetically speaking, outside of a few low res plastics (slings, etc), it’s looking quite awesome!  The gameplay is there, basically a minor miracle considering the amount of modes, tracking, etc.  The PinUP backglass is much improved too.

FYI, a 4K user here.  I was getting some stuttering on the backglass videos and a few frame hiccups on gameplay, resolved by turning off a few items within this table’s options (such as screen reflections, ambient occlusion or whatever it’s called, etc).  I’m at work so can’t quote the specifics but if you are finding this table is pushing it performance wise, consider turning off a few items and it should hopefully help, certainly did for me.

ckpin
      Participant
        @ckpin

RandR – The absence of a support topic was a mistake; guess more uploading practise needed.

The Loafer –  The table could use some performance improvements; any suggestions will be incorporated. Definitely need to pursue some higher resolution plastics.  Thanks.

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

I’m curious ckpin, what does your wife think of your efforts now?  I’m not trying to get your head inflated too much but what you’ve achieved is not easy and shows immense dedication!  Thank you for this community gift, the table’s state has gone way further than I’d dared think possible!

eMBee
          Participant
            @embee

Hi there,

I’m working on more PUP clips as we speak… hopefully i can finish these soon for this already impressive build!

Best wishes to you all!

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Really nice improvements! Cosmetically speaking, outside of a few low res plastics (slings, etc), it’s looking quite awesome! The gameplay is there, basically a minor miracle considering the amount of modes, tracking, etc. The PinUP backglass is much improved too.

FYI, a 4K user here. I was getting some stuttering on the backglass videos and a few frame hiccups on gameplay, resolved by turning off a few items within this table’s options (such as screen reflections, ambient occlusion or whatever it’s called, etc). I’m at work so can’t quote the specifics but if you are finding this table is pushing it performance wise, consider turning off a few items and it should hopefully help, certainly did for me.

Use these settings…as the new “reflections” and ambient occlusion options dont add much, but can kill fps.

View post on imgur.com

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

@TerryRed: some people believe there are tables that benefit from the screenspace reflections and Ambient occlusion update in-game (quality) settings. For this reason, I believe, for these users, that it’s best to recommend just turning these two options off within the WOZ table options itself.  That way it doesn’t affect all other tables that may not feel the effect of slowdown, etc.

edit: issue with posting jpg’s… never mind figured it out

before:

WOZ options before

after

WOZ options after

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

@terryred: some people believe there are tables that benefit from the screenspace reflections and Ambient occlusion update in-game (quality) settings. For this reason, I believe, for these users, that it’s best to recommend just turning these two options off within the WOZ table options itself. That way it doesn’t affect all other tables that may not feel the effect of slowdown, etc.

edit: issue with posting jpg’s… never mind figured it out

before:

WOZ options before

after

WOZ options after

Yup..you can do that too. :)

For In-game AO, I say disable it altogether though as it adds mostly unwanted artifacts.

The Screen Space reflections barely add anything I find…not worth the fps hit for most people…. but id the user keeps track of that stuff then fine… but most people tend to not keep track of that stuff. :)

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Fair comment.  I’m not certain I see real improvements visually with those options on either :)

Rik L
                    Participant
                      @cynsin

This plays very well. 2 things I notice from playing the real one for 3 years.  One when the house spins
                      I can trap the ball and keep flipping. On the original you cant trap the ball with that play field flipper. You can however flip hold and it goes around which is good. The slingshot upper playfield is too weak you cant use it to get the back back to the flipper. Other than that amazing job.  Sometimes this crashes putting your name in also.

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?