Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

The last version I can play of this is Fozzy’s beta 1.4d_withMixMaster, but once I hit 1.4f I get the rolling ball sound on 2 left flipper presses.

If I continue to play 1.4f I get the error…

Line: 1229 Subscript out of range: ‘b

1.4u does the same, but the error code is associated with 1172 from memory. (same bit of script, it just exists on another line now after updates)

I’ll have a look in DiffMerge and see what the differences are after Fozzy’z 1.4d

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

Test Kicker key codes first appeared in 1.4f and carry through until 1.4u

If I comment out the sections associated with these key codes (leaving the Test Kicker code itself), then the table works fine.

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Try this rev guys. Physics are much closer to the previous release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdzzzl02gll1u2q/Dr%20Dude%20%28Midway%201990%29%201.4_V.vpx?dl=0

Table is playing fine on my table Rusty. No errors or hiccups at all. Try the above.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
          RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

It does the same.  The Test Kicker code #46 creates a ball.  It appears that code happens to align itself with my left flipper button.  That’s why it’s not effecting others, as our button assignments differ.

Well done @drybonz turns out you were right :)

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

Should there be a ball drop sound on entry to the mixmaster?

Also, is there a way to add L/R balance to the ball drops at the end of the wire ramps?  The code to is different to what I’m use too.

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

Should be able to add the ball drop sound there. Cant speak to the balance though.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

Here is my latest Refresh WIP:

More lighting changes and I have rolled in the MM changes fozzy referenced. Also photoshopped the plastics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s4euloceomm59g/Dr%20Dude%20%28Midway%201990%29%201.4_x.vpx?dl=0

I am still dialing in the Mixmasters exit width. Still seems the ball is exiting too fast but that can be dialed in with the two posts and rubbers at the MM’s exit.

Let me know what you guys think please.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

@wrd1972  I have looked at the ball drop sound out of the wire ramps, as the actual sound file used appears to favour the right channel. So when the ball drops out of the left wire ramp, I hear it to the right. :(

Without importing a new sound (so that my PMD becomes more than just a script update) I have added a new sub in order for me to increase the volume and add balance. With this code I now hear both left and right directions to match the wire ramp in use.

I think this mod would also benefit non-PMD/non-DOF users who hear the ball drop from the backbox speakers. (Change the to for standard volume in both left and right calls)

Modified code in Red and original code in italics for easy view…

‘*****************************************
                    ‘ JimmyFingers VP10 Sound Routines
                    ‘*****************************************

‘***Metal ramp sounds
                    ‘ PMD Mod by RustyCardores: Volume increased & balance added – Additional Sub included for LWireEnd_Hit below
                    Sub BallHitSound(dummy):PlaySound “fx_balldrop”,0,2,.6:End Sub
                    ‘ Sub BallHitSound(dummy):PlaySound “fx_balldrop”:End Sub
                    Sub BallHitSound2(dummy):PlaySound “fx_balldrop”,0,2,-.6:End Sub

‘ PMD Mod by RustyCardores: Balance added
                    Sub MetalSound(dummy):PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”, 0, 1 :End Sub
                    Sub LWireStart_Hit():PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”, 0, 1, -.7 : StopSound “fx_vuk_exit2”: End Sub
                    Sub RWireStart_Hit():PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”, 0, 1, .7 :End Sub
                    Sub RWireStart1_Hit():PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”, 0, 1, .7 :End Sub
                    Sub Ramp_drop_Hit(): Playsound “fx_metalhit2”,0,1,.5 :End Sub

‘Sub MetalSound(dummy):PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”:End Sub
                    ‘Sub LWireStart_Hit():PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”: StopSound “fx_vuk_exit2”: End Sub
                    ‘Sub RWireStart_Hit():PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”:End Sub
                    ‘Sub RWireStart1_Hit():PlaySound “fx_metalrolling”:End Sub
                    ‘Sub Ramp_drop_Hit(): Playsound “fx_metalhit2” :End Sub

Sub LWireEnd_Hit()
                    ‘ PMD Mod by RustyCardores: Call changed to additional sub added above.
                    vpmTimer.AddTimer 150, “BallHitSound2
                    ‘ vpmTimer.AddTimer 150, “BallHitSound”
                    StopSound “fx_metalrolling”
                    End Sub

Sub RWireEnd_Hit()
                    vpmTimer.AddTimer 150, “BallHitSound”
                    StopSound “fx_metalrolling”
                    End Sub

Sub RWireEnd1_Hit()
                    vpmTimer.AddTimer 150, “MetalSound”
                    StopSound “fx_vuk_exit2”
                    End Sub

Sub LRampEnd_Hit()
                    vpmTimer.AddTimer 150, “BallHitSound”
                    End Sub

Cheers mate and thanks again for the hard work on this dudeliscious! table. :)

PS: I still need to comment out the KickerTest key codes. Not only do these produce the rolling ball sound on left flipper use, but I will get a rolling ball b “out of range” error during game play.  Once commented out, it plays perfectly. ;)

I know this wont effect everyone, but just for future reference if someone else comes along with a keycode conflict

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

What’s your left flipper button mapped to, Rusty?

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

mapped to C

freelunch
                        Participant
                          @freelunch

I’d recommend increasing the plunger strength a tad from 1.4_x, sometimes a fully pulled back shot won’t hit the skillshot target. It’s pretty uncommon though, like 1/30 shots.

RustyCardores
                            @rustycardores
                            MemberModerator

Have we lost the sound at the mixer?

robertms
                            Participant
                              @mophead

Hey wrd, what you’ve accomplished with this table even in it’s current wip state is staggering. I can’t believe this is still VPX, because to a layman it could pass as next generation software. I realize a lot of the visual changes are work of many skilled artists (thank you all!), but your vision of putting it altogether and where to go next is second to none. I have to say I like how you have the physics dialed in 1.4_x, even if not accurate to the real thing makes playing this table immensely enjoyable. Overall fantastic effort and very much appreciated!

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

Good call robert. It really is an epic achievement.

RustyCardores
                                  @rustycardores
                                  MemberModerator

Should be able to add the ball drop sound there. Cant speak to the balance though.

The LRampEnd trigger was already there, it just needed activating.

I added another dummy sub with volume and balance…

Sub BallHitSound3(dummy):PlaySound “fx_balldrop”,0,.5,.3:End Sub

and changed the accompanying sub to call it…

Sub LRampEnd_Hit()
                                  vpmTimer.AddTimer 150, “BallHitSound3
                                  End Sub

As far as play goes…. I think it’s playing really really well.  The mixmaster exit is pretty good as is now and any further improvements would bonus. :)

Drybonz
                                  Participant
                                    @drybonz

mapped to C

Ok… just wanted to reproduce that rolling ball… which, of course, I can hear now.  I guess that “test kicker” section of code was used at some point during the table design to create a ball to… well, test stuff… lol.  Probably should be removed.

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Okay gang. Try out my latest refresh:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqvcqoc77z6dema/Dr%20Dude%20%28Midway%201990%29%201.4_z.vpx?dl=0

I think I am nearly there barring any issues you guys might find. Should be able to wrap this one up by the weekend. Let me know what you think.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

How you do these updates is beyond me! Takes me days to do simple stuff in vp. Really great work your putting out

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

RustyCardores
                                          @rustycardores
                                          MemberModerator

No sound on the mix master & the keycodes are still an issue for those of us with assignment conflicts.  Otherwise it’s playing great at this stage.

Also, I noticed no more launch sound. Was this intentionally left out in favour of just the rolling ball sound on shooter lane?

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Rusty, Yes I pulled the launch sound especially since it sounded EM’ish. Is that a word. I would prefer something more realistic. If anyone has one, I can add it in. Are you referring to the audible motor sound effect for the MM? I did not notice that since I have a real motor. If someone will send me a revised script line. It will save me some time.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?