exciting rumors? WIP's?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    HauntFreaks
      @hauntfreaks
      vipContributorMember

so what’s everyone’s personal opinion on what exciting WIP that are or might be going on??
      mine would be:
      Unclewilly’s “Creature from the Black Lagoon”   <—is this true??
      Flubber’s “White Water”

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

I know Cyberpez has confirmed Back To The Future is soon ready to go

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

Yeah, Dark and Uncle Willy are doing Creature… Tom and Ninuzzu are working on William’s Indiana Jones… they just posted a screenshot that looks really good.

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

UW’s been too busy to really get much done for Creature.  Currently I’m wrapping up my obligations for White Water then I’m preparing to do Jurassic Park as my final full 3D table build for the foreseeable future.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
            rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

I hear Black Hole could show its face in the near future.  I’ve also heard that someone may be working on a VPX version of Flash Gordon.

I’m excited for White Water, Indiana Jones, and Creature.  I understand Unclewilly is busy and I’d like to publicly offer my assistance if it’s wanted.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

2 users thanked author for this post.
              rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’ve also heard a couple of different folks may be working on World Cup Soccer (knorr and alessio).

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

Here are a couple of others

Ghostbusters – Tom and ninuzzu – scripting might take awhile
                  Rocky and Bullwinkle – requlem and Javier
                  Harley Davidson – Assassin
                  F-14 – ganjaFarmer

Wipeout – Kiwi

Still hoping we see Cactus Jack’s at some point  :-)

Laylow
                  Participant
                    @pinlow
                    MemberContributor

Don’t forget the complete new Monster Bash Tom Tower is working on  :yes:

Ah

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Believe I saw a wip pic of Alien Star in the VP Beta thread.
                      … and of course – Randr betas ;)

Patrick2610
                      Participant
                        @patrick2610

Can’t wait to see Cactus Jack’s released. I really want to play that good VPX table.

Also “WipeOut” that kiwi has worked now.

bord
                          @bord
                          MembervipContributorModerator

Comet is coming along nicely. I have all primitives done but I’m waiting on plastic scans from a Pinsider so who knows how long that will take.

Attachments:
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Lots of wips!

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

cyberpez
                            Participant
                              @cyberpez

Welcome back buddy!!!  You picked a good time.

yeah,  BH is pretty much done.  Maybe be out later in the week?  bttf will not be far behind it.  Then back to HH!!  Also…  this Top Secret project has been floating around in my DropBox…   :whistle:

Attachments:
                              2 users thanked author for this post.
                              Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

this Top Secret project has been floating around in my DropBox… :whistle:

It’s like wikileaks around here.

Dark
                                  @dark
                                  vipMemberContributor

Comet is coming along nicely. I have all primitives done but I’m waiting on plastic scans from a Pinsider so who knows how long that will take.

Looks good, you should consider looking into the ‘project from view’ method that flupper and I have been using to project realistic renderings for ramp textures now that you’re making your own 3d ramps.

3dcreation

bord
                                    @bord
                                    MembervipContributorModerator

Looks good, you should consider looking into the ‘project from view’ method that flupper and I have been using to project realistic renderings for ramp textures now that you’re making your own 3d ramps.

Thanks, @dark! The learning curve has been rough. I think raising kids clouds the brain.

Do you bake the full texture when projecting from view or leave transparency to VPX?

TNT2
                                    Participant
                                      @tnt2

I know Fire! was being thought about did that get pushed to the back burner?

TNT2
                                      Participant
                                        @tnt2

I think raising kids clouds the brain.

:yes:
                                        Dark
                                          @dark
                                          vipMemberContributor

Thanks, dark! The learning curve has been rough. I think raising kids clouds the brain. Do you bake the full texture when projecting from view or leave transparency to VPX?

@bord

I set up a camera to roughly match the VPX camera POV, take a screen shot and position it behind the ramp, or better yet if you have the table built in 3d just render the ramp in that environment using a nice ‘solid glass’ material.  This gives you the base layer, I then do a number of other passes where I only render the specular highlights, glossy reflections etc so I can composite them all in photoshop.  Using the specular render, I give it a black background and use it as a mask in photoshop to give transparency to that base layer render we made to start with.  From there you can experiment with compositing different renders and obviously tweaking them in photoshop.  Often the result can be too transparent in some areas so you can add a glossy layer that’s at about 10% transparency.

In Blender you select your ramp object, edit mode, press “U” for unwrap options, then select “project from view (bounds)” (camera).  This will automatically match your UV layout to your camera’s POV, thus matching it to any renders you make in blender and composite in photoshop.

I curse 3ds max for not having this feature, so I actually run into a bit of difficulty setting this up since I set up the UV’s in blender but do my renderings in 3ds max.  Flupper shared his method with me regarding UV project from view, it’s really pretty simple and gives great results for more fixed view games like this.  The downside is you may need to make textures for both FS and DT and it’s also not a bad idea to consider having a texture for when GI lighting is on and one for when it’s off.

[edit] to clarify a bit: For making the mask in photoshop I render the ramp on a black background with the glass material, and a glossy material, this naturally will leave areas that should be transparent black for your mask.  Also typically since the lighting has already been figured out by the 3d software and tweaked to look how we want it, we’ve been using ‘disable lighting’ in primitive options.  Diner,Batman,Taxi, all have disabled lighting on for the ramps.

3dcreation

freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

Punch it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 191 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?