Joust (Williams 1983) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/joust-williams-1983-vpx/

Joust (Williams 1983)

See the ‘Project’ here:

Joust VPX! [Completed]

Only someone crazy and weird enough to do tables like Hercules and Mad Scientist would be willing to team up with me to create this historic freak beast of an early 80’s specialty pinball.  Luckily that crazy weirdo mad scientist is Randr and he’s a good friend of mine so together we made this happen and made it as legit as possible despite facing many hurdles.

Special thanks for Unclewilly for help with lighting and the primitive inserts as well as a special thanks to Borgdog for the in game menu system!  Also thanks to ICPjuggla for some inserts.

Another special thanks necessary for Frenitcamnesic for help with some bug fixing.

The resources for this table are all pretty terrible so I basically redrew EVERYTHING.  This even includes all the text which was done by hand since there was no font that’s an exact match.

Aprons:  I’ve seen pics with a variety of combinations of either both black, or blue and black with either player 1 or 2 being the blue side.  So if you look at the top of the script you can choose what color you want for either P1 or P2’s apron.

Needless to say just about everything on the table is a 3D modelled element.  Everything had to be positioned in 3D so that it would match the PF angles.  The game isn’t absolutely perfect due to the lack of resources especially but we did our best to bring you the ONLY head to head pinball experience!

To give the table more playability and a potential wider audience players have several different game modes to choose from:

1. Single player (player controls both sets of flippers)

2. Player vs CPU(easy) (Auto-flippers)

3. Player vs CPU(hard) (Auto-flippers)

4. Player vs Player*

*Second player controls are mapped to magna save by default.  You can hook up a controller to your cab or desktop and set the magna save keys to what ever you like in the VP preferences->keys.

Some different backdrop settings for FS are available.

1. Single Player FS view (has depth that favours  single player

2. 2 Player FS view (is a birds eye view with even view for both players, flat).

AND REMEMBER: FOR ALL THE LATEST AND GREATEST CONTENT VISIT VPINBALL.COM – Tell your friends!

3dcreation

Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

People read installation tab!

.nv file is for free play enabled so copy that to your vpinmame/nvram folder.

Also Thanks to Arngrim for the DOF’in.  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

Great job, guys… I didn’t know how you were going to pull this off, but the computer controlled second player is a great idea for everyone who doesn’t have a second player.  Looks great and is quite a cool specialty table to have in the VPX library.  Thanks!

robwaade
          Participant
            @robwaade

awesome plays good killer idea to take on thanks a ton you guys did awesome :yahoo:

1 user thanked author for this post.
            robertms
            Participant
              @mophead

Guys, this is crazy and you’re insane. But it works so well! And it looks so good! Talk about VP innovation! Dark this is some of the crispiest imagery I have ever viewed in my cab, simply killer graphics, and how about that backglass?! Jason you are a mad scientist, maybe next time you can turn our cabs into a time machine?..

Jodannar
              Participant
                @jodannar

I haven’t downloaded, let alone played this. But fantastic effort guys on recreating this very different table

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Thanks Guys, amazing how fast and continuously you give us very cool and Top Quality Tables :good:
                  Everyone thought, you are only at CFTBL, but then you shake out another Star … GREAT :yahoo:

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

If someone like it, heres my Letters-only Wheel Image …

Joust (Williams 1983) Wheel Image

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

You should up the wheel in uploads :)

for IOS and Android

Dark
                        @dark
                        vipMemberContributor

Thanks for making and posting the wheel STAT.  :)

3dcreation

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

dark, randr, i had a Situation, where i cant hit Flippers, also CPU Flippers didnt Move – it was in the timed End Game – just once, only wanted to let you know that – but also at a new Game – restart Table solved it.
                          And i think, CPU Flippers are going return a bit too fast …
                          But what a fun to Play, really awesome ( and yes, please let me dreaming about Soccerball ;) )

Attachments:
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I also had this happen too. I think it maybe tied to the menu system tied to solgameon but it only happened one time so I can’t reproduce it.

great picture btw stat :)

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Jopp
                            Participant
                              @joppnl

Great Table… (I think!)

Very strange but VPX crashes during loading the table (so…just file -> load, not even a chance to run…)

Any idea what to do?  Didn’t have problems with other tables before, did download and unpack the file on different PC’s, same result.

Running VPX 10.2.1 rev 2898 32 bit / win7

thnx!

My favorite pinball machine?
                              Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

Great Table… (I think!) Very strange but VPX crashes during loading the table (so…just file -> load, not even a chance to run…) Any idea what to do? Didn’t have problems with other tables before, did download and unpack the file on different PC’s, same result. Running VPX 10.2.1 rev 2898 32 bit / win7 thnx!

There is a short period of time where VP is ‘not responding’ while it’s loading the table for me, my guess is it’s loading the textures, the PF and plastics are high res, so you could try limiting texture size in VP preferences before loading the table.

3dcreation

Andypc
                                Participant
                                  @andypc

Thanks, This is awesome :yahoo:   :good:   :yahoo:   ,but……….. it’s not the only Head to Head pinball.

Maybe this should be on your list next, now that you have mastered how to do Head to Head pinballs ;-)

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=483

Thanks again for your amazing work on Joust.

Jopp
                                  Participant
                                    @joppnl

There is a short period of time where VP is ‘not responding’ while it’s loading the table for me, my guess is it’s loading the textures, the PF and plastics are high res, so you could try limiting texture size in VP preferences before loading the table.

Thank you….

when I turn down the texture to 3072 before the file -> load command it will load the table.

When loaded I can change it back to ‘unlimited’ and the table will run (no idea if the texture size only matters during loading or not).

GFXcard is HD7950 with 3Gb ram…not enough? need 4 or more?

Great fun table and…first match WON :-)   !

Thank you! :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

Thanks, This is awesome :yahoo: :good: :yahoo: ,but……….. it’s not the only Head to Head pinball. Maybe this should be on your list next, now that you have mastered how to do Head to Head pinballs ;-) http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=483 Thanks again for your amazing work on Joust.

It’s only head to head made by Williams,  there’s also a Soccer game by Alvin G, the resources are very thin on all these tables.  If some decent images of a stripped PF I would be interested in doing the Soccer table.

Great Table… (I think!) Very strange but VPX crashes during loading the table (so…just file -> load, not even a chance to run…) Any idea what to do? Didn’t have problems with other tables before, did download and unpack the file on different PC’s, same result. Running VPX 10.2.1 rev 2898 32 bit / win7 thnx!

Thank you…. when I turn down the texture to 3072 before the file -> load command it will load the table. When loaded I can change it back to ‘unlimited’ and the table will run (no idea if the texture size only matters during loading or not). GFXcard is HD7950 with 3Gb ram…not enough? need 4 or more? Great fun table and…first match WON :-) ! Thank you! :good:

Glad you got it working.

3dcreation

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

All Head to Head: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?specialty=24&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Had a couple people message me about table not playable! Press and hold left flipper before starting table to choose mode! :) player 2 will auto flip so you can play the table

for IOS and Android

Dark
                                            @dark
                                            vipMemberContributor

All Head to Head: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?specialty=24&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

The only one that really interests me is the soccer one, all the others are just too dated for me.

Had a couple people message me about table not playable! Press and hold left flipper before starting table to choose mode! :) player 2 will auto flip so you can play the table

It does have instructions in a few places but here they are again:

1. Load table
                                            2. hold left flipper
                                            3. choose game mode -> exit
                                            4. press ‘start’
                                            5. hold right flipper to launch ball(s).

3dcreation

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?