Star Trek – The Next Generation (Williams 1993)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 275 total)
  • Author
    Knorr
    Participant
      @knorr
      vipContributor

@arngrim

Yes I noticed the same. My ROM level is at 21. I also made the volume of the FX sounds lower then usual. I also reduced the FX volume with the slider in the settings.

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

I noticed that this rom seems louder than others… usually I turn up to 26-27 before I get the crackling… this one I set down to 22, I believe.  So, it just needs turned down a bit more than we might be used to on the volume scale, but it is still just as loud.

chance
        Participant
          @wasbychance
          This reply has been marked as private.
          Marvel67
          Participant
            @marvel67

Same problem here , table not work, Nvram deletet , more times, sorry my bad english

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Beautiful recreation of one of my favorite tables. I was home this weekend and pulled myself away from Zelda BOTW long enough to check this out.

The mods are sweet. Love the RGB pop-bumpers, and the lazers!

As for sound…. I now have VPinMAME set to the higher re-sample quality, and have never heard a crackle in any game ever since.

For guys having issues…. I myself ran it the first time (won’t be setup properly the first time)… then RESET using F3….then let it do its thing with the balls…. then exited and re-ran the game and it works great. Now when you startup the game it will load up a couple of balls, but after that it’s good.

Some really stunning work coming out for VPX lately!

Knorr
              Participant
                @knorr
                vipContributor

I´ve uploaded a new version which hopefully fixes the issues with the spiral ramp.

For those who have the ball searching problems… Dont forget to leave the Z Scale at 1. Otherwise the subway will not work.

For those who have some performance problems, (depending on your screensize) try to turn off all antialiasing and it will look almost as good as with 4Xaa. The Screenshot i uploaded is with 4xaa and fxaa turned off.

chance
                Participant
                  @wasbychance

I tried all I could, no luck.

Deleting Nvram
                  and/or using F3
                  and/or restarting
                  and/or using add or remove ball(s)

No combination was able work.

Yes all admin rights and file privileges being observed, using exact Win7 64 OS and i5 Haswell with 2GB Ati Radeon hd 7870 machine which runs the VP9 version of this table.

Yes using latest VPX 10.2, Vpmame 2.8b, v1.1 of STTNG table and sttng_l7 ROM.

No changes were made to table, fresh download, unpacked ,and ran from table dir.

Pinball Owner
                  Participant
                    @djcult

Can one please send me the nvram and Rom file it was Work. :wacko:
                    On my System the table not run :negative:

All Other Tables works well also the Physmod Version from this Table

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

@pinball owner you still need nvram? i can up mine if needed @djcult

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

here is my working .nv file

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                        JAA3rd
                        Participant
                          @jaa3rd

Still no luck here.

• VPX 10.2 – latest stable from this site.  (no beta, maybe should try?)
                          • Vpinmame last updated in Nov for use with Fren’s Star Trek LE
                          • Just tried Randr’s nvram – same result with endless ball locating issue
                          • Using L7 rom, and never had any issues with vp9 version
                          • Table at default options.

During ball location/loading, ball launches up spiral ramp, but never locks in right side of borg ship – Just goes under Cardashian target and into Command Decision target. Rinse/repeat.

I could a couple somewhat playable sessions, by F3’n during ball location loop, but with glitches.

Borg Multiball – guns would not load, and only one ball was deployed.

Launch menu, right flipper launches ball (doesn’t cycle through options)

Looks incredible, can’t wait to iron this out.  Possible vpinmame issue? If so, which version should I use?

StevOz
                          Participant
                            @stevoz

I’ve found the problem here was I had vpinmame 2.7 and although it will run, all manner of ball trough errors will also occur. After installing vpinmame 2.8b it hasn’t missed a ball at all and works perfectly.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            JAA3rd
                            Participant
                              @jaa3rd

Updating Vpinmame to 2.8b did the trick.  Thanks for the tip.

This is my first run on VPX 10.2, is there an issue with db2s images?  B2s server  seems to be loading the first StarTrek back glass available in alphabetical order, so it’s launching with the wrong back glass..first was Stern Star Trek, then moved it out of the tables folder, and it loaded Star Trek 25th anniversary.

Edit – Updated to 1.3.0.2 and still have the same result….what am I missing?

goesta
                              Participant
                                @goesta

Knorr and Clark Kent,

many many thanx for this fantastic work! I have been to busy to play till now – to show my respect for this great built!

It is working and playing perfect here! So much fun all the lightshow, waiting for the BORG ;-)

Love the physics and the lightshow!

Maybe this help someone:

-I deleted the nvram and did a F3 reset.

-You really have to wait till the machine load all the balls in the beginning. One time i was too fast disturbing it and had to reset the rom again.

-Also, checking the rom version might help. Tried a different rom onetime and the ball fall through in the beginning of the ball relocation.

10.2 VPX and vpinmame 2.8b and a B2S server update and the table is working fine here.

Again great work guys!! Will grab me a beer now and try to get my Final Frontier 6 Ball crazy DOF flash!!!

THX and Greets,

Goesta

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

@jaa3rd You should always keep the *.directb2s file-name exactly like the table name. Right click the *.vpx file – go to properties – mark and copy the name that is the top of the properties field. Mark now the *.directb2s file you want to use for the table. Right click and choose rename in the drop-down menu. Hit shift+insert, go to end of the marked text, now, press backspace 4 times and enter. Your done.

Ronaldvg
                                  Participant
                                    @ronaldvg

Ok, just solved the problem. I just installed vpinmame 2.8b instead of the 2.9 PIN2DMD version that is needed for the ST LE table. The 2.8b does not have the newer games so that will not work.

After installing 2.8b the table started, loaded three balls and was ok.

Before that only one ball would lock under the playfield and from the second ball forward all would be kicked out of the subway and drained. Just double checked and when I put back 2.9 the table is broken again.

Hope that helps. I hope there will be an update to either the table or vpinmame.dll so both will work, but either way I am so very happy with this table !

JAA3rd
                                    Participant
                                      @jaa3rd

@jaa3rd You should always keep the *.directb2s file-name exactly like the table name. Right click the *.vpx file – go to properties – mark and copy the name that is the top of the properties field. Mark now the *.directb2s file you want to use for the table. Right click and choose rename in the drop-down menu. Hit shift+insert, go to end of the marked text, now, press backspace 4 times and enter. Your done.

Yep, all my .direct2bs files are always named the same as my .vpx files. Anytime I setup a table, I copy and paste to make sure they agree.  I didn’t think it would work otherwise.  This is the first issue I’ve had with the wrong backglass image loading. I have redownloaded the STTNG backglass, verified the .vpx and .directb2s are named the same, and it will still load the first of my 3 star trek table images.  If I remove my .direct2bs files for StarTrek Stern and StarTrek 25th, it will load the remaining STTNG backglass.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Never had this problem, but, I don’t change the original file names, I identify the tables by pinballx description. You could just rename those star trek tables of yours a bit differently I guess.

Winterpooch
                                        Participant
                                          @winterpooch

thank you very much to the table authors. this is one of my favourite tables in real life and one of my personal favourite themes, having watched all 7 seasons of STTNG several times through!

the lighting effects are gorgeous and the physics and gameplay are very close to the real thing. file this one under ‘masterpiece’ where i have also filed Diner, and Champions League in the last couple weeks.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Sounds like you have file matching enabled in pinballx. Disable that

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 275 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?