Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

Thanks Drybonz, I had actually just found that thread, but being 10pm on a Friday night, the Scotch sunk in faster than what the thread was saying. lol

I re-read it and switching the system to “custom” has indeed returned focus and it now plays.

Thanks mate.

**** Caution: Drunk Mode Follows….

Hve I told yoos ‘ow much I wuv yoos guys. Most helful pinbawl k’moonity on tha net! hic!

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

No problem man… I guess if you only have one, or a few tables, that get messed up by that PBX feature you could make a custom group just for those tables.

RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

Mine was working fine. It now ball gets stuck in mine every time

I had the same issue. I reduced the ball size to 49 and it seemed to have fixed the problem.  **Based on a very small sample of test play.

But it was getting stuck all the time and after the change I must have punched it in there 10 maybe 12 times without issue.  Could just be co-winkydinx?

EDIT:  Ok I take that back.  I just got it stuck again :(

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I’m sure it’s a easy fix with some wall in there

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

I’m sure it’s a easy fix with some wall in there

Weird how it has played well for ages and suddenly it changes though?  …on more than one persons system too??

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

yeah very odd. was always fine before. im sure its a easy fix. maybe already is fixed on tom’s site since he dont post here anymore? not sure? if it is let me know :)

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

It still lists as v1.1 on Tom’s site :(

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

Changing your screen resolution can have an impact. I can’t run CCC using DSR downsampling as I do for every other VP table because balls get trapped in the mine. Running at 1080p cleared it up for me.

Worse issue is that multiball does not work correctly, but no one has had much luck at clearing that bug.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I didn’t change anything on my cab but maybe vp beta

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

Rolling back core.vbs to 10.1 seems to have resolved the mine issue for me.  Of course it’s only early testing, but once again 10-12 entries into the mine and all have been ejected OK.

I wonder if my shrunken balls thread is related to this?  More play required to test.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

interesting. yeah if exits a kicker and hits a ramp ball may grow. hmm..

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

ninuzzu
                          Participant
                            @ninuzzu
                            vipMember

Need to check the changes with the new core.vbs . I still use the official VP10.1 and I have no mine issues.

RustyCardores
                              @rustycardores
                              MemberModerator

A bit hung over from an Arcade night with the mates  :good: but playing some more this morning (because I can’t trust any memories that I have from last night), I find that my mine issues aren’t totally resolved with the roll back to the 10.1 core.vbs.

It is certainly way better than before, but now it’s about 1 in 12 that get stuck.  I also find that I get my balls stuck in Bart’s behind quite regularly.

One other thing… Lock/ExtraBall etc are not lighting.  They do during the general table flash, but not when I’ve been told that they are lit.  I’ll investigate more after another couple of coffees and a headache pill or two.  :wacko:

RustyCardores
                                @rustycardores
                                MemberModerator

I just tried different VPX/core.vbs combos and found no faults (except for the lighting as mentioned above) when using the latest core.vbs in conjunction with 10.1 Rev 2620.

Even with lots of Gold Mines and Gold Mine Multiballs. Previously the Gold Mine Multiball would fail every time.

Can someone confirm if they get the same result with this combo?

EDIT:

* I have fixed the lights. This table has always loaded in Party Mode “Lights Out” for me. So I have disabled PartyMode in the User Settings yaml and it is now “Oh so pretty!”

* In order to run this via 10.1-2620, I have created a new system for it in PBX.  The table has now been playing perfectly for multiple games, with the only exception that PBX is not giving focus to playfield at start. (requires mouse click)  Even setting the PBX system as “custom” has not helped with this. (EDIT2: It seems to be working normally again, but I fear it’s just throwing me a bone and will bugger up again later… time will tell)

RustyCardores
                                  @rustycardores
                                  MemberModerator

There has been a lot of vbs updates of late and the mine issue is back for me.  Has anyone managed to narrow down a fix that won’t be effected by changes to the scripts?

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I have not looked but wasn’t it a kicker issue making ball larger? A bug if it hits a ramp or wall from kicker?

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                                      @rustycardores
                                      MemberModerator

Hmm…  I’m not sure that the kicker even kicks at all.

I’m test playing with some older core.vbs at the moment and it just played well (I’d have to check the version), but the difficulty is, if I get it working for CCC, what other (newer) tables do I break?  :(

CarnyPriest
                                      Participant
                                        @carnypriest

You should report these issues to Ninuzzu at monsterbashpincab. That’s his hangout now. But short answer, you may have to set up a separate install for some of these “older” 10.0 and 10.1 tables. VPdev tries to keep things backward compatible but I know that there are some tables that are broken with 10.2 beta.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        RustyCardores
                                          @rustycardores
                                          MemberModerator

You should report these issues to Ninuzzu at monsterbashpincab. That’s his hangout now. But short answer, you may have to set up a separate install for some of these “older” 10.0 and 10.1 tables. VPdev tries to keep things backward compatible but I know that there are some tables that are broken with 10.2 beta.

Will do. I realise the devs would have quite the task on their hands trying to keep things BC and I applaud them for their efforts.

This issue seems to revolve just around the core.vbs file. I have do idea of it’s innards or what it actually does, but there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the VP version itself, as I can run it in 10.2 2806 OK (provided I use the old core)

I did consider a completely separate install for P-ROCs and I think that might be the way I go, as this issue will pop up every time there is a core update otherwise. :(   …and the table is worth the effort! :)

Dodger
                                          Participant
                                            @dodger1980

I have to ask. How complicated is it to make a second install? Just make a duplicate of the VP folder and use the 10.1 files there?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?