Frontier (Bally 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    markrock76
    Participant
      @markrock76

I noticed the primitive flippers are set to collidable.  Was this intentional?  It seems to cause the flippers to have a dead ball effect when it hits them.  Really enjoying the table.  Thanks a lot!

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

I noticed the primitive flippers are set to collidable. Was this intentional? It seems to cause the flippers to have a dead ball effect when it hits them. Really enjoying the table. Thanks a lot!

Thanks, markrock76. Dumb mistake on my part. Updated the file to 1.2 with a few other tweaks.

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

I’m not sure if I have the latest version.  There were two packed together… neither labeled 1.2… one was timestamped 11/8… is that the right one?

bord
            @bord

Nope. The .zip file should have 1.2 in the title. Also the table info once opened in VPX should reference 1.2. I’ve had a little trouble with upload speeds at home so there may have been a lag getting the proper file up.

Let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

I got it… thanks, Bord.

Winterpooch
              Participant
                @winterpooch

I am loving this table, great job, thank you :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                bord
                  @bord

Version 2.0 released. Big physics/graphics overhaul. Details in the changelog.

6 users thanked author for this post.
                  Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

Cool!  Dig me some Grizzly Adams!

Thanks Bord!

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Love it and Looks really nice – before – and now :good:

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

Looks nice and plays realistic (good physics); thanks for this table and your work  :good:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

vogliadicane
                          Participant
                            @vogliadicane

just came to this one and I must say,this is a great work and really good choice of table. I like it a lot, thanks Bord! :good:

vogliadicane
                            Participant
                              @vogliadicane

I’ve played it a lot now. I experience, that the ball jumps to the opposit flipper when coming from one of the inlanes, which makes an accurate play almost impossible. I thought repositioning the flipper (what’s usually the culprit) could help, but it didn’t. Then I found out (by off-positioning the flipper), that the ball jumps from the inlane guide (wall/primitive) itself. So I played around with elasticity and friction values of both, but couldn’t fix it.

Does anybody have an idea, why the ball jumps at the very end of the wall or know, how to fix this?

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

The primitive for the wire rails are set to collideable, change them to toy, and a little flipper ( or rail wall) adjust and you should be good to go.

vogliadicane
                                Participant
                                  @vogliadicane

thanks BorgDog but I had already seen that. Even removing the flipper and the primitive and making the wall blunt at the lower end (remove most curve circles and change the rest to slingshot) makes the ball jump at the very end of the wall :wacko:   as if there was a tiny “ski jump hill” very strange. I’ve given up

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

thanks BorgDog but I had already seen that. Even removing the flipper and the primitive and making the wall blunt at the lower end (remove most curve circles and change the rest to slingshot) makes the ball jump at the very end of the wall :wacko: as if there was a tiny “ski jump hill” very strange. I’ve given up

The right side wasn’t to bad to get working, but the left side took me a bit to figure out the issue.  In the image below change the highlighted control point to NOT smooth.  having that smooth I think creates a little imperceptible bump.  If you want I can zip up and share my version, it’s pretty much as good as I can get it.

Attachments:
                                    Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Yes please :)

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

Well, just the rails are as good as I can get it, the rest is pretty darn good. bord did a great job on this table.  The other thing I did is add the scoring to the DT backdrop instead of having the dmd window open, just didn’t finish off that concept completely.  I’ll leave this up for a bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mz5bcmi73ulaz8e/Frontier%20%28Bally%201980%29.rar?dl=0

bord
                                          @bord

Well, just the rails are as good as I can get it, the rest is pretty darn good. bord did a great job on this table. The other thing I did is add the scoring to the DT backdrop instead of having the dmd window open, just didn’t finish off that concept completely. I’ll leave this up for a bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mz5bcmi73ulaz8e/Frontier%20%28Bally%201980%29.rar?dl=0

Thanks, @borgdog. I’m on vacation so couldn’t address this right away.

I found on a few of my tables built in 10.2 some primitives became collidable when opened in 10.3. Not sure if that was the case here or if I just missed those primitive settings. I’ll try to do an official update later this summer but I have a few other things to wrap up first.

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

Thanks, @borgdog. I’m on vacation so couldn’t address this right away. I found on a few of my tables built in 10.2 some primitives became collidable when opened in 10.3. Not sure if that was the case here or if I just missed those primitive settings. I’ll try to do an official update later this summer but I have a few other things to wrap up first.

hmm, hadn’t heard of that issue happening before, I’ll have to pay attention if I do some more builds or updates, thanks for the heads up.  And enjoy your vacation!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?