Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    scampa123
    Participant
      @scampa123

I put this in the Pinup System support section, but maybe it would have better visibility on this thread…

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/need-help-with-future-pinball-pup-retroflair/

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I put this in the Pinup System support section, but maybe it would have better visibility on this thread…

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/need-help-with-future-pinball-pup-retroflair/

I anserwed you there…but the PinEvent Support Topic or table Support Topic would be better.

Gramps
        Participant
          @gramps

Hi Terry,

Here I am an old man trying to figure all this stuff out.  I’m on my third install and I’m getting there.  I do have a problem with monitors though that I’ve seen addressed somewhere but can’t find again.

Although I have two monitors on my desktop (no cabinet here….if only there was a dealer around here :)) I only want to use one.  When I run my FP tables, I want them to run on what my Windows 10 system identifies as my monitor 1.  I set my BAM visual preferences to play on what Windows identifies as Monitor 1.  Unfortunately BAM thinks my Monitor 1 is what Windows identifies as Monitor 2.  So everything is turned around.

I thought I could trick it by telling it to play on Monitor 2 but either it crashes or it goes ahead and plays on What it thinks is Monitor 1 and Windows thinks is Monitor 2?  Are you dizzy yet?

Anyway, I’ve tried resetting by swapping them in windows screen setup and that doesn’t work.  I’ve also tried shutting down Windows and plugging in only one monitor and then shutting it down and and installing the second monitor, but that didn’t work.  I don’t think I’ve tried just going with one monitor which I don’t really want to do because I use both monitors a lot in my work.

I thought I may have seen something about doing a registry edit, but can’t find that again either.

Thank you for all the cool stuff you and everybody else is doing.  Not the tables I remember as a boy, that’s for sure.  MUCH BETTER and MORE FUN!

Bruce (aka Gramps)

TerryRed
            @terryred

If using only one monitor for FP…make sure you have the Backglass and Arcade Mode (in FP Video settings) disabled.

Be sure your second screen (not used for FP) is positioned to the right of the playfield screen, and also make sure your playfield screen is the “primary” screen in Windows.

Then in FP Video Settings, change the DISPLAY # to a different one until you find the right one that works.

Gramps
            Participant
              @gramps

Backglass and Arcade Mode  in Video/rendering Options are unchecked/disabled.

Monitor is set to \\.\DISPLAY1.

The monitor in front of me is identified as Display 1 in windows as is set as my main display.

The monitor to the right of me is identified as Display 2 in windows.

With the FP monitor setting on display 1, the table plays on the monitor to the right of me which is identified as monitor 2.  Everything else correctly displays on the monitor in front of me which windows identifies as display 1.

If I switch the Preference/Video/Rendering Options Monitor setting to Display 2 then play table, the fploader screen jumps over to display 2 and the table loads and I can hear it, but I can’t see anything.

TerryRed
                @terryred

Be sure your Monitor 2 is positioned to the right of Monitor 1 (which needs to be the primary screen) properly. When you move your mouse from your Monitor 1 to the far right, it should appear on monitor 2. If your second monitor is in any negative value position (above or the the left of your primary screen), FP won’t display correctly.

If your second monitor is not “seen” as positioned to the right of your primary monitor, then FP won’t display correctly on your primary monitor.

If in doubt…. try Windows key + P to only use your primary monitor. Then try getting FP to work with only that being used…to help narrow down what is happening.

Gramps
                Participant
                  @gramps

You said when I first watching your essentials video, don’t think you are going to just sit back and play.  You have to understand, I believed you and it’s sure been the case with me.  I really appreciate your patience and sticking with me on this.

OK, you’re a genius.  Doing the windows + P and setting the monitor in front of me, which is monitor 1 in windows setting worked.  Backglass didn’t show at first, but did on second try everything worked exactly the way I want/expect it to.  Everything is playing on the monitor in front of me just like it should with pup packs running as they should……at least the ones I checked.

When I do that, video/rendering options shows only display 2 as an option.  If I do the windows +P trick and select the other monitor, the monitor selection is blank in fploader video/rendering options and only has display 2 as an option. Did that out of curiosity.

Do I just settle for that as a solution?  While it does give me a solution to the situation that I can definitely live with, it doesn’t solve the problem of why FP interprets monitors exactly the opposite of what widows identifies them of.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

You can’t fix the confusion between Windows and FP (and other programs)…. it’s a long running Windows problem. It’s not unique to FP.

If you don’t need the FP Backglass enabled…but you have the pup-packs working…. then I would just let it run that way.

Gramps
                    Participant
                      @gramps

Oh come on !  Can’t I be greedy and want it all? lol

Knowing what you can’t do is as important as knowing what you can’t do.  You’ve given me both and I indeed appreciate that, Terry!  Thank you so much !

Now how would you like to tackle a no sound issue with VPX tables even though I’m not having any problems  with any of the other VP or FP versions?

Gramps
                      Participant
                        @gramps

Add to what I do have sound for is VPX tables with pup packs.  Tested Avengers and Pirates of the Caribbean so far and they work beautifully.

Gramps
                        Participant
                          @gramps

Never mind.  I figured it out.

I changed the screen size so that I could see the desk top and ran the table.

Then in Windows 10 in the search block at  the bottom left of the screen, I searched for sound settings and found @App volume and device preferences.   I saw that there was no activity coming through “Master volume” for Output on my speakers.  Volume was set at 54 but I cranked it up higher but still now sound.  I went to the “Output” dropdown box and selected Speakers (SB Recon3D PCle).  I noted that there was very faint sound showing on the “Master volume” icon but I couldn’t hear anything so I changed it back to my wireless/bluetooth speakers.

I noticed that I could scroll down and there was another section that showed “App” “Volume”  It had System sounds, Remote Desktop sounds, Google Chrome sounds and then VPX DMD SOUNDS!  (keep in mind that this only showed up if you are playing a VPX table) All the other volume levels were set to 100. VPX DMD was set to zero.  I cranked that baby up to 100 and VIOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Houston, we got SOUND !!!!  (excuse my excitement.  I’ve been at this for a few weeks) and quite a few people have been trying to help me.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Never mind. I figured it out.

I changed the screen size so that I could see the desk top and ran the table.

Then in Windows 10 in the search block at the bottom left of the screen, I searched for sound settings and found @App volume and device preferences. I saw that there was no activity coming through “Master volume” for Output on my speakers. Volume was set at 54 but I cranked it up higher but still now sound. I went to the “Output” dropdown box and selected Speakers (SB Recon3D PCle). I noted that there was very faint sound showing on the “Master volume” icon but I couldn’t hear anything so I changed it back to my wireless/bluetooth speakers.

I noticed that I could scroll down and there was another section that showed “App” “Volume” It had System sounds, Remote Desktop sounds, Google Chrome sounds and then VPX DMD SOUNDS! (keep in mind that this only showed up if you are playing a VPX table) All the other volume levels were set to 100. VPX DMD was set to zero. I cranked that baby up to 100 and VIOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Houston, we got SOUND !!!! (excuse my excitement. I’ve been at this for a few weeks) and quite a few people have been trying to help me.

This is actually very helpful for others to read. With Win 10, there are new features to control volume on a per app basis. This is very new to most people, and could make for some tricky troubleshooting if they didn’t know about it.

avidediter
                            Participant
                              @avidediter

Thanks for your post Terry. I am having issues however. At one time I had Future Pinball working now problem on my cabinet. I recently had to reinstall Windows because it was corrupted. I setup VPX with your guide and everything works perfectly. Moving on to FP, I have followed your guide in order 3 times now (uninstalling and clearing out the registry the first two times). For whatever reason no  matter what SLAM table I try and load, I get get Pinball meditation Error script error XX (and always something different). I never had this issue before, tables just loaded perfect before I reinstalled Windows. I am running the latest NVdia drivers and sound is just what Windows assigns because I have a generic sound device. I have tried with and without updating to the latest BAM version. I am stuck as to why I keep gettin Pinball Meditation Errors for every table I load. Any suggestions?

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Thanks for your post Terry. I am having issues however. At one time I had Future Pinball working now problem on my cabinet. I recently had to reinstall Windows because it was corrupted. I setup VPX with your guide and everything works perfectly. Moving on to FP, I have followed your guide in order 3 times now (uninstalling and clearing out the registry the first two times). For whatever reason no matter what SLAM table I try and load, I get get Pinball meditation Error script error XX (and always something different). I never had this issue before, tables just loaded perfect before I reinstalled Windows. I am running the latest NVdia drivers and sound is just what Windows assigns because I have a generic sound device. I have tried with and without updating to the latest BAM version. I am stuck as to why I keep gettin Pinball Meditation Errors for every table I load. Any suggestions?

Did you install the vbs file included with SLAM’s tables into “Future Pinball\Scripts” folder?

Always update to the newest BAM. Never run FP without BAM, ever. Always use FPLoader.exe.

Never run FuturePinball.exe as administrator.

You may need to run FPLoader.exe as administrator depending on your security settings.

Try the above. If still having a problem…give the actual error.

avidediter
                                Participant
                                  @avidediter

thanks, ” run as administrator” did the trick!

one other quick question visual pinball. This VpinMame logo pops up from time to time running VPX tables. I don’t remember seeing that before . How do I get rid of that?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

thanks, ” run as administrator” did the trick!

one other quick question visual pinball. This VpinMame logo pops up from time to time running VPX tables. I don’t remember seeing that before . How do I get rid of that?

The PinMAME section describes that issue.

Kimjongilist
                                    Participant
                                      @kimjongilist

Thank you so much for this amazing guide, with it I am able to get FP working great on my cabinet for the most part. I followed the guide and everything is working perfectly on every table so far except when I try to use a second screen. I have tried all different rendering options etc but anytime I try to use the second screen FP loading screen comes up and says about searching for registry entries and I am forced the close it. I have tried using your registry files as well as removing them and letting BAM create the default ones but with the same results. Very confusing as everything is working great with single screen, I have an Nvidia 1060 6gb graphic card and set the monitors up using its control panel.

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Thank you so much for this amazing guide, with it I am able to get FP working great on my cabinet for the most part. I followed the guide and everything is working perfectly on every table so far except when I try to use a second screen. I have tried all different rendering options etc but anytime I try to use the second screen FP loading screen comes up and says about searching for registry entries and I am forced the close it. I have tried using your registry files as well as removing them and letting BAM create the default ones but with the same results. Very confusing as everything is working great with single screen, I have an Nvidia 1060 6gb graphic card and set the monitors up using its control panel.

You have your monitors setup like this  —  https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38170&p=381730

Kimjongilist
                                        Participant
                                          @kimjongilist

Yes this is how I have my monitors set up, I cannot see the image in that particular forum, but they are set up as shown in Terryred’s mega guide with no negative values in monitor positions and the backglass monitor to the right of the playfield monitor.  It works perfectly fine single screen but whenever I attempt to enable to second screen it brings up the loading screen with the loading bar stating “Processing Registry Entries” where it hangs and must be forced closed.

Kimjongilist
                                          Participant
                                            @kimjongilist

Not sure if these pictures will help get an understanding of what is going on but they are of the rendering and video options and the results of playing the table. The only difference between it working or not seems to be as soon as I check the enable second screen box.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 186 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?