Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    Hyzepher
    Participant
      @hyzepher

Great table

I had one issue where I was getting extra balls forever in multiball- had to reset the table to get out of it.

Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

Thanks a lot for sharing the tons of work what this must have been!
        The whole package is a piece of art (again)!

Scottywic
        Participant
          @scottywic

Great table

I had one issue where I was getting extra balls forever in multiball- had to reset the table to get out of it.

any chance i can get more info on this. Like it was this multiball, i had a mode in it, it was a 2 player game i hit this then this. Or anything more. The above isn’t terribly helpful for me looking to correct a bug. thanks

Scottywic
          Participant
            @scottywic

Hello,

with version .52 the pupDMD-video is still running even if i disable it in the script.

In attract mode no video is running, but after starting the game the video on the DMD is running.

Need a solution to disable the pupDMD-dispay at all.

btw: very nice table

pinking

turn it off in your pup pack setup.

Hyzepher
            Participant
              @hyzepher

Great table

any chance i can get more info on this. Like it was this multiball, i had a mode in it, it was a 2 player game i hit this then this. Or anything more. The above isn’t terribly helpful for me looking to correct a bug. thanks

It was during Lake multiball. Hard to say what might of triggered it as I only noticed it when none of the balls were draining without being saved. I’ll be more observant for the next few games in case it happens again

pinking00
              Participant
                @pinking00

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for your answer.
                Yes, this could be a solution, but i need teh DMD for other tables.
                And, if there is a switch/variable in the script to disable the DMD, this switch should work properly.
                Or am  completely wrong?

Thanks

pinking

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, this could be a solution, but i need teh DMD for other tables.

And, if there is a switch/variable in the script to disable the DMD, this switch should work properly.

Or am completely wrong?

Thanks

pinking

Scott meant the puppackeditor for HP, not your normal pup setup.  That switch in script is from the older method where orbital didn’t use the puppackeditor.  so you should always use the puppackeditor to setup screens/volumes/positions.

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

I assumed whatever initials you put in here would be the one showing up on the orbital score board But it would appear that’s not true

Dim osbdefinit:osbdefinit = "" ' your default initials to use

Spitfire
                    Participant
                      @spitfire

Great table Scott love it.

It seems in the latest version in different multiballs the table seems to loose a ball and never end the ball in play.  when all balls drain it just keeps trying to find it and doesnt go to the next ball? didnt happen once in the previous versions? have to restart game to get control and for ball to shoot out to be launched.

pinking00
                      Participant
                        @pinking00

Hello NailBuster,

thanks, for clarifying this.

I will try it over the weekend.

Thanks

pinking

zimbakin
                        Participant
                          @zimbakin

You’re a creative genius! The detail is incredible and the gameplay is a lot of fun. Thanks for all your work.

Never take advice from me,
                          you'll end up drunk.

cbnlnk121
                          Participant
                            @cbnlnk121

All, I’m having a problem loading this game from Pinup Popper. The backglass and DMD don’t load when loading from Pinup front end. The table still loads and is playable.

Everything loads perfect if I run it directly from VisualPinballX.

Any help would be appreciated. Since this table is amazing. Thanks!

EDIT: If I load the Stranger Things table first .. it works. I’m also getting a B2G error.
                            “object reference not set to an instance of an object””

elvinu
                            Participant
                              @elvinu

All, I’m having a problem loading this game from Pinup Popper. The backglass and DMD don’t load when loading from Pinup front end. The table still loads and is playable.

I’m a single screen user and the following works for me:

Capture

Here’s my admittedly unconventional settings within my pupinit.bat file:

start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 7 1
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 8 0
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -1 8 1
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 9 1
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -2 10 0

However, similarly to “He Who Laughs Last”, I only get the asteroids mini-game once.  The second time it should appear in a subsequent game, it remains underneath the playfield.  If I launch by just double clicking the vpx file, I can sometimes have that mini-game play correctly a few times.  It’s not consistent for me though.

Numiah
                              Participant
                                @numiah

Small change in pupdmd I noticed updating from .49 to .52 is  that in the previous version there was a book flying across the screen.
                                And whenever there was a notification the scroll would pop up.

In the .52 version there is this scroll paper popping up every two seconds throughout the whole game.
                                Usually blank unless there is some actual text needed to be displayed.

Odd.

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

DeathInc
                                Participant
                                  @deathincclan

I get this too.  I was going to try re-downloading the pup pack and table and starting new.  I will let you know if it squares it away.

*****Fixed*****

For some reason my Topper was not turned off in the PUP pack.  My bad.  Turned topper off and the flying book was back, and no blank Scrolls.

bietekwiet
                                  Participant
                                    @bietekwiet

(version 0.52)

I am really enjoying the table.

While I have put in the right Orbitalscoreboard details in the table script , my high scores are not registering on line on  the score board.

Any ideas why that could be?

My pincab is hooked up through wi-fi to internet.

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

Mine from today are out there

You put the info like this?

Dim osbid:osbid =”PLACE OSB LOGIN NAME HERE” ‘ your orbital scoreboard login name
                                      Dim osbkey:osbkey=”PLACE OSB API KEY HERE” ‘ your orbital scoreboard api key
                                      Dim osbdefinit:osbdefinit = “PLACE DEFAULT INITIALS HERE” ‘ your default initials to use

GuruChoc
                                      Participant
                                        @guruchoc

Any time frame on 0.53 Scott, ? Just unplayable for me with the endless balls problem :(

G

bietekwiet
                                        Participant
                                          @bietekwiet

outhere wrote:
                                          Mine from today are out there

You put the info like this?

”PLACE OSB LOGIN NAME HERE” ‘ your orbital scoreboard login name

”PLACE OSB API KEY HERE” ‘ your orbital scoreboard api key

“PLACE DEFAULT INITIALS HERE” ‘ your default initials to use

Aha, Solved! I knew the information above but just to be sure I checked and lo and behold!:

I had a an extra space in my login key!

So to anyone with Orbital score board issues: check the copy-paste of your  authorisation key in the table script meticulously ! It needs to be correct. (no extra spaces from sloppy copy paste etc…).

kds70
                                          Participant
                                            @kds70

Any time frame on 0.53 Scott, ? Just unplayable for me with the endless balls problem :(

Curious – i don´t have this problem with 0.52 … :scratch:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?