Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    Scottywic
    Participant
      @scottywic

I assumed whatever initials you put in here would be the one showing up on the orbital score board But it would appear that’s not true

Dim osbdefinit:osbdefinit = "" ' your default initials to use

so if you get a high score on your local machine and enter initials those will pass to OSB. If you don’t get a local high score then it’ll pass your default ones. So if your little bro is playing and beats your high score and puts his name in that is what will post to osb. SO if initials entered – use those, if not – use default.

Scottywic
      Participant
        @scottywic

Any time frame on 0.53 Scott, ? Just unplayable for me with the endless balls problem :(

G

Do you have any more details on this? Like i was doing this and that happened etc. I haven’t had anyone else reporting this issue so not sure what you might have going on. 53 is still a bit away, but I don’t know of your issue so doubtful 53 would bring any resolution to you. If you have adjusted your POV heavily i’d start buy undoing that and see if it fixes it.

GuruChoc
        Participant
          @guruchoc

Any time frame on 0.53 Scott, ? Just unplayable for me with the endless balls problem :(

G

Do you have any more details on this? Like i was doing this and that happened etc. I haven’t had anyone else reporting this issue so not sure what you might have going on. 53 is still a bit away, but I don’t know of your issue so doubtful 53 would bring any resolution to you. If you have adjusted your POV heavily i’d start buy undoing that and see if it fixes it.

Only the ones I have posted on facebook Scott, others are posting the same problems too, especially extra ball always on. If I get some free time I’ll record my play on twitch and see if I can make it happen again for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34uyq1pjolounl8/bugs.JPG?dl=0

Shoe71
          Participant
            @shoe71

Having issues with the pup videos. I was not having this issue with the beta version. The videos stutter when they are triggered. Even the snake at the beginning is choppy.

Badazzwi
            Participant
              @badazzwi

I was playing with my buddy the other night and he had the endless ball issue during lake multiball as reported earlier. I was waiting until i could recreate the issue before reporting it as many beers made the details sketchy. As far as i can remember a new ball would launch after one would drain and that kept happening until we tilted the machine.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

elvinu
              Participant
                @elvinu

I’m a single screen user and the following works for me:

The minigame update seems to have fixed my issues.  Only had time to do a quick test but I got the mini-game playing on a single screen two times in a row, which never happened before when launched thru the PinUpMenu frontend.

What a great table!

GuruChoc
                Participant
                  @guruchoc

I’m a single screen user and the following works for me:

The minigame update seems to have fixed my issues. Only had time to do a quick test but I got the mini-game playing on a single screen two times in a row, which never happened before when launched thru the PinUpMenu frontend.

What a great table!

Did the minigame actually score for you and give you a total score ? I have never had issues with it playing, it has never transferred the score show in game to the total score for me when the game is over.

G

nickbuol
                  Participant
                    @nickbuol

Good morning/evening,

I can’t configure my Pin2DMD to display only the score, it displays video animations which do not look that good on a DMD (but that might be a design choice, ie DMD content is designed for a real LCD ?)
                    Best regards

I have the same issue – the videos work on the Pin2DMD but look terrible because of the low resolution and limited color depth. It’d be nice if this table had an option like the stranger things one where you can just have it show a simple score and any text messages on the DMD. I can see that some text sometimes appears over the videos in the pin2dmd but I can’t read it. If I disable the Pin2DMD in the script and just let it put those videos on my backglass screen they look fine, but I don’t have the real estate for them there – just 1 playfield screen, 1 backglass, and  the pin2dmd in my setup.

I would like to “3rd” this request for a simple score only option for Pin2DMD or other real DMDs.  Some of the graphics/video/animations are replicated OK in the low resolution of a DMD, but the words are nearly impossible to read.  The letters are tiny and squished on the DMD making them difficult, like I said, to decode what they are saying.  Another option would be to be able to increase the size of the real DMD font and change its color to something lighter, but I do not know how to do that or if it is possible.

Other than that, I love this table… I am just not getting great scores at it, but that is the player and not the game.  Thanks again for all that you have done and are doing with this amazing table.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

You just have to face it. Real dmd’s don’t have enough pixels to make the text readable without changing the whole dmd scene. If you are into dmd videos, then you probably should get yourself a LCD monitor instead.

GuruChoc
                      Participant
                        @guruchoc

I would like to “3rd” this request for a simple score only option for Pin2DMD or other real DMDs.  Some of the graphics/video/animations are replicated OK in the low resolution of a DMD, but the words are nearly impossible to read.  The letters are tiny and squished on the DMD making them difficult, like I said, to decode what they are saying.  Another option would be to be able to increase the size of the real DMD font and change its color to something lighter, but I do not know how to do that or if it is possible. Other than that, I love this table… I am just not getting great scores at it, but that is the player and not the game.  Thanks again for all that you have done and are doing with this amazing table.

I have a pin2dmd and didn’t even bother to try set it up for this game, I am not even sure why you would try, the score on the back glass works perfectly well. I don’t even look at the DMD on normal games when I play, other than the odd quick glance.

G

nickbuol
                        Participant
                          @nickbuol

You just have to face it. Real dmd’s don’t have enough pixels to make the text readable without changing the whole dmd scene. If you are into dmd videos, then you probably should get yourself a LCD monitor instead.

That’s the problem, 99% of all other tables benefit from the older real DMD for brightness and real.feel.for a bulk of the SS tables available in VPX.  Going to an LCD monitor would make all of those tables’ DMD dull looking.

I have been toying with adding another screen that IS an LCD display (one of those ultra wide ones) right above my DMD to have the best of both worlds, but thought that I would at least ask the question here since 2 others did and didn’t get a response.

nickbuol
                          Participant
                            @nickbuol

I would like to “3rd” this request for a simple score only option for Pin2DMD or other real DMDs. Some of the graphics/video/animations are replicated OK in the low resolution of a DMD, but the words are nearly impossible to read. The letters are tiny and squished on the DMD making them difficult, like I said, to decode what they are saying. Another option would be to be able to increase the size of the real DMD font and change its color to something lighter, but I do not know how to do that or if it is possible. Other than that, I love this table… I am just not getting great scores at it, but that is the player and not the game. Thanks again for all that you have done and are doing with this amazing table.

I have a pin2dmd and didn’t even bother to try set it up for this game, I am not even sure why you would try, the score on the back glass works perfectly well.

G

I might have to do that too.  Where did you place it on the backglass?  In that middle section of the bottom?  I will have to play with the size a bit as I currently have it resized for Ace of Speed to fit inside its backglass’ DMD area.

outhere
                              @outhere
                              MemberContributorvipModerator

One of each

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39093#entry393762

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              nickbuol
                              Participant
                                @nickbuol

I have been toying with adding another screen that IS an LCD display (one of those ultra wide ones) right above my DMD to have the best of both worlds, but thought that I would at least ask the question here since 2 others did and didn’t get a response.

Yup, that is exactly what I was talking about 2 posts up:

“I have been toying with adding another screen that IS an LCD display (one of those ultra wide ones) right above my DMD to have the best of both worlds…”

I would need to remove everything from my current speaker/DMD panel, remove the decal, router out the new center DMD hole for the LCD screen, apply a new decal, and re-assemble.  That is, of course, if I can get the hole for the LCD to work with the current location it would have to go.  Otherwise, I would have to make a new panel, but that isn’t too terribly hard either.  Just need the time and the extra $$ for the screen.

outhere
                                  @outhere

I was thinking about redoing my panel so would look nicer

nickbuol
                                  Participant
                                    @nickbuol

Yeah, I just looked at mine, and my current Pin2DMD is too “centered” top to bottom to work the way I want it to, so I would have to create a new panel completely, but that is many times easier as I can use my current panel as a template and use a router with flush trim bit to cut out the new holes.  Just takes shifting things around to get the Pin2DMD opening in a different location, but that is obviously easy and clamps work well.  That would leave just doing a mock up for an LCD panel cut out and then use that as the template for the final product…

So pretty easy, but a bit tedious.

I would need a new decal either way as I like the decal look of the speaker/DMD panel, but this is getting off topic for sure.

20181213_172132

dondi
                                    Participant
                                      @dondi

Did an update drop today (Feb 19th)? Rev # is still .052?

outhere
                                        @outhere

Pretty much what I did when I made the current one which was just enough Room to fit both… I mounted everything from the back of the plate

The new one I’m thinking of mounting the Pin2dmd/LCD on the front of the plate, Countersink them some and make a separate plate for the front of it so would look much nicer

kds70
                                        Participant
                                          @kds70

I would like to “3rd” this request for a simple score only option for Pin2DMD or other real DMDs. Some of the graphics/video/animations are replicated OK in the low resolution of a DMD, but the words are nearly impossible to read.

I made a small solution / text resizing for my pin2dmd. Maybe Scott will intregrate it in his way …

Btw it´s not sooo bright as it looks in the picture.

P1100801

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

nickbuol
                                          Participant
                                            @nickbuol

I would like to “3rd” this request for a simple score only option for Pin2DMD or other real DMDs. Some of the graphics/video/animations are replicated OK in the low resolution of a DMD, but the words are nearly impossible to read.

I made a small solution / text resizing for my pin2dmd. Maybe Scott will intregrate it in his way …

Btw it´s not sooo bright as it looks in the picture.

P1100801

OK.  What did you change?  That is light years better than what I current have…

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?