Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Pinball WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

Waiting for sheltemkes go…..

Sry i here.

It is your choice of course which version you use.

If BrandonLaw’s version with higher sharpness looks better use that my friend.

However beware becouse more sharpness can be more noisy. I set the sharpness which still not have “Noise” or very low. So compare the two and choose. Absolutely your choice :)

Only the final result matters so if thats better and you still feel ok to restart your work then do it :)

Thank you guys, thank you BrandonLaw

Yeah, good point. I zoomed into the image and infact there are sharpening artefacts around edges.

Thanks to Brandon but i have to use the clean image to make sure i get no glow around edges when rendering.

BrandonLaw
      Participant
        @brandonlaw

All good!  Thanks for the consideration.  Carry on B-)

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

@Dark

Could you please point me to the table with your latest Frank mesh and texture? I’m a bit lost here. Thanks!

sheltemke
          Participant
            @sheltemke

@Dark

Could you please point me to the table with your latest Frank mesh and texture? I’m a bit lost here. Thanks!

Schreibi34 Happy new year to you my friend. The question is not directed to me, but this is the links i think you want:

Dark’s model:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9907

The Table(VP9) which have Dark’s model:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9698

If you mean other “template” vpx table or something like that than sorry.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

@Dark: Frank has made it onto the table. A little more lightshow, better materials, new UV-maps but only half of the layout done:

Frank Render image - 08

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

Link to the png:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQwS7kKT0THg9t8JPTgHxeDfiY3bQ

1 user thanked author for this post.
                sheltemke
                Participant
                  @sheltemke

Link to the png:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQwS7kKT0THg9t8JPTgHxeDfiY3bQ

Don’t tell me you did this all in this short time. You are lightning fast.

About the quality i not have words what explain what i see. Pure beauty, totally wonderful.

So the pov will be freely changeable from desktop to cabinet not like in Did’s first models/rendering?(those were only for Desktop view if i remember).

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

Nice progress, nice to see the old frank back in action.

I’m curious to know how the ball catching and throwing will work in this update with vpx.  Back when Unclewilly and I worked on the ball ‘trick’ with Frank we ended up using a primitive ball that looked exactly like the game ball (which was not a mesh ball until more recently with vpx).  How it worked was the game ball would vanish 1 frame before it entered the hand, then the 3d mesh ball would appear, then vanish again just as a kicker was used to throw the ball.

I imagine it may possible just to use vpx’s game ball, but it may still require some trickery to have it appear firmly in Frank’s hands as it did in the vp9 version.

3dcreation

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

@sheltemke

Don’t forget Dids! He did a good portion of the work and his prims are great. He also found the resources. You and mlager made it a lot easier for me too!

Yes the POV will be changeable like on all my tables.

@dark

I hope that herweh is willing to go the whole distance in this project. I’m more or less a copy and paste guy. If herweh is doing the scripting i am sure he will find a way.

Mlager8
                      Participant
                        @mlager8

@sheltemke

Don’t forget Dids! He did a good portion of the work and his prims are great. He also found the resources. You and mlager made it a lot easier for me too!

Yes the POV will be changeable like on all my tables.

If the POV is fully adjustable how are you handling lighting/reflections? Genuinely interested as I’m contemplating a fairly complex fully rendered table for a side project.

Tom
                        Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

@mlager8

Perspective rendering from a POV that is in the middle of a regular DT and FS view. Make a collection that is called ‘render’ for example. Set this collection to direct rendering. Set all other collectins to indirect rendering. Pull the object you want to render into the render collection. Make a Camera from your POV but don’t move it! Just rotate it in 2 axis just like you would do with your head. Zoom in on the object. Save the camera with the same name as your object just in case you have to render the object again (GI-OFF f.e.). Make the perspective UV-map from that camera.

If an object blocks the view on itself (gates, ramps with sidewalls) cut it in 2 or 3 pieces, render the pieces like shown above and join all of them back together! Change the hight of the camera if necessery to get a better view on certain objects. Don’t change the hight on every object, it might look awkward on the final table.

This plus the GI-OFF render of all objects and packing them together will take me 3 Months on this table. Thats the boring and ugly part!

Mlager8
                          Participant
                            @mlager8

Not exactly sure of everything you’re saying as I assume youre using blender (or maybe you use c4d?) but this sounds like it’s more to get all your objects baked. That part I can accomplish, the part I’m hazy on is how to get your individual lights to effect prims and environment without a locked down POV. Am i mistaken on all this? Maybe I’ll pm you if I’m way off base here ?

Tom
                            Herweh
                            Participant
                              @herweh
                              vipMemberContributor

I hope that herweh is willing to go the whole distance in this project. I’m more or less a copy and paste guy. If herweh is doing the scripting i am sure he will find a way.

For sure I will (go the whole distance) and for sure I will (find a way).

Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

Not exactly sure of everything you’re saying as I assume youre using blender (or maybe you use c4d?) but this sounds like it’s more to get all your objects baked. That part I can accomplish, the part I’m hazy on is how to get your individual lights to effect prims and environment without a locked down POV. Am i mistaken on all this? Maybe I’ll pm you if I’m way off base here ?

No Baking for perspective reflections. You have to use the render image from the POV as a the texture. Therefore you have to make a “project from view” UV-map with the camera active (numpad 0) in the viewport. When loading the render image into the UV-editor it should fit perfectly onto the UV-map!

Dark
                                  @dark
                                  vipMemberContributor

@Herweh

If you need help on the 3D end of getting the ball catch trick to work hit me up.

3dcreation

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

I imagine it may possible just to use vpx’s game ball, but it may still require some trickery to have it appear firmly in Frank’s hands as it did in the vp9 version.

In VPX you can create a ball in a kicker (VPX calls this a “frozen” ball in the source code) and manually move it around.  See the Johny Mnemonic table that grabs a ball with the robot and moves it around as an example.    The Pinball Magic table also does this with the theater for the levitation sequence.

@milager8

Regarding lighting, G5k baked all of his lighting for a very specific POV in Flintstones.   Even the flashers are flat renderings on a single flasher image hovering over the PF, that is “best viewed” at that POV.     I thought this would be a disaster for other POV’s, but it ends up not being so bad in practice, and even in VR ends up looking better than most typical tables.   I thought about dynamically moving that flat flasher image based on view angle but just didn’t seem necessary when all was done.

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

Thanks Rob, I always appreciate you chiming in to explain how some vp’s magic happens.  As you know I mostly just know enough to get my models on the table and looking good, I leave all the scripting to the experts like you.  :P

Although I don’t do much vp editing myself I still find it interesting how the community and the devs have come up with solutions to such a variety of problems over the years.

I did see the ball handling on the Jhonny table, I was impressed and was curious how it made such improvements.

3dcreation

Herweh
                                      Participant
                                        @herweh
                                        vipMemberContributor

In VPX you can create a ball in a kicker (VPX calls this a “frozen” ball in the source code) and manually move it around. See the Johny Mnemonic table that grabs a ball with the robot and moves it around as an example. The Pinball Magic table also does this with the theater for the levitation sequence.

Thx, Rob. I did this ‚frozen ball moving‘ already in Hurricane to move the ball around the Ferris wheels and it worked perfectly. I‘m sure it will work here too.

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

Love that ball movement in Hurricane!  Looking forward to this!!

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

Found some new resources! Some of them are quite better then the stuff we have. I will have to rebuild a couple of plastic meshes from scratch to make them fit.

Anyone who is seeing a chance of turning those PF images int a nice 4k PF? Maybe even 8k when you do the upscale and repair thing?

MSFS Plastic - 01MSFS Plastic - 02MSFS Plastic - 03

MSFS Plastic - 04MSFS Plastic - 05MSFS Plastic - 06MSFS Plastic - 07MSFS Plastic - 08MSFS Plastic - 09MSFS Plastic - 10MSFS Plastic - 11MSFS Plastic - 12MSFS Plastic - 13MSFS Plastic - 14MSFS Plastic - 15MSFS Plastic - 16

MSFS - PF - 01MSFS - PF - 02MSFS - PF - 03MSFS - PF - 04

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 259 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?