PinEvent: DOF, MX, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD for Future Pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    jlvandusen@msn.com
    Participant
      @jlvandusenmsn-com

hi Terry

Finally have a cleaned up Future Pinball running pinevent without crashing, I dont know whats doing it but I have to clean up the folders and reinstall the fp + bam and upgrade (which btw he has a july 2020 update).

I then install the pinevent stuff… configure everything and FP no longer crashes… its very strange.

When I am in pinup popper front end and launch many of the pinevent tables… I see this after returning back to pinup (see attached pic)
      I have looked around but cannot find which COM object may be used when calling FP and PinUP… strange behaviors for my cab. :)

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Most likely whatever method you are using to close FP is the problem. FP must be closed by Popper itself using only Popper’s Exit Emulator button, and it needs to be done cleanly with no Taskills being used.

jlvandusen@msn.com
        Participant
          @jlvandusenmsn-com

Most likely whatever method you are using to close FP is the problem. FP must be closed by Popper itself using only Popper’s Exit Emulator button, and it needs to be done cleanly with no Taskills being used.

This is all my exit script has in Popper

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

rem Remove “rem” on the next line to close Future DMD after exiting a table.
          rem taskkill /f /im “FutureDMD.exe”

Rich
          Participant
            @sushko

Hi has this problem been resolved.

IMPORTANT! For whatever reason, I get .NET errors with the current DOFLinx when using “DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION”.

I don’t know why it does it for me and some others… but some people have had no problems using it. If you get errors, than don’t use that command until a solution is found!

I have not seen a fix for this.

Thanks

TerryRed
              @terryred

Hi has this problem been resolved.

IMPORTANT! For whatever reason, I get .NET errors with the current DOFLinx when using “DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION”.

I don’t know why it does it for me and some others… but some people have had no problems using it. If you get errors, than don’t use that command until a solution is found!

I have not seen a fix for this.

Thanks

No.

In the meantime, if needed, you can close DOFLinx when launching Pinevent tables, and then relaunch DOFLinx when exiting PinEvent tables.

Rich
              Participant
                @sushko

Thanks for your response. I am trying to do this with bat files in pinup popper. The bat files work out side as a kill and start bat. how do i do this in popper. Here is my setup launch script. I never get to the close script as it locks up Popper.

rem Disable DOFLinx if “Custom Var #3” = NO_DOFLinx

cd /d c:\directoutput
                if “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLinx” (CloseDOFLinx.bat)

and close script

opendoflinx.bat

Thanks for your help.

Rich
                Participant
                  @sushko

OK I got the close Doflinx to work but start up gives me an error. If I close Popper and restart Doflinx no problem. I tried to put a delay in the script but still the same thing.  This is the close script.

@echo off
                  SLEEP 3000
                  cd “C:\DirectOutput”
                  start DOFLinx.exe

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Are you on DOFLinx version 7.16?
                    Maybe starting direct is missing the error but when popper is running it’s finding the error in your DOFLinx.ini

What version of windows do you run
                    Are you running a separate emulator set up in popper to start PinEvent tables ( IF SO)

Add this at the top of the launch script
                    taskkill /f /im "DOFLinx.exe"

and put this at the bottom of the close script

cd /d "C:\directoutput"
                    start DOFLinx.exe

Rich
                    Participant
                      @sushko

Ok I did what you said and have the same problem. I think I need a delay to let my  Sainsmart board come back as two are not loading right when Doflinx is started with popper. On start up all is good. I am including the log. Thanks for your help.

13-Aug-20 21:37:48.108 – DOF Linx for Pinball Emulators – DOFLinx by DDH69
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:48.113 – Starting up – version 7.15
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:48.114 – For support come and visit the community here http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=104
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:48.116 – Pre-Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.162 – DOFLinx device: 1 Initializing as LEDWiz #1 with ID=0
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.163 – DOFLinx device:1 LEDWiz setup with 32 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.616 – DOFLinx Device: 2 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #1 serial # AL00CVA1
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.617 – DOFLinx device:2 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 8 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.619 – DOFLinx Device: 3 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #2 serial # A6042TEX
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.621 – DOFLinx device:3 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 8 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.622 – DOFLinx Device: 4 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #3 serial # AL00CULI
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.624 – DOFLinx device:4 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 8 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.626 – Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
                      13-Aug-20 21:37:50.628 – Reading DirectOutputConfig file named C:\DirectOutput\config\directoutputconfig.ini
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:02.894 – DOF Linx for Pinball Emulators – DOFLinx by DDH69
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:02.899 – Starting up – version 7.15
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:02.900 – For support come and visit the community here http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=104
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:02.903 – Pre-Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:04.871 – DOFLinx device: 1 Initializing as LEDWiz #1 with ID=0
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:04.873 – DOFLinx device:1 LEDWiz setup with 32 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.165 – DOFLinx Device: 2 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #1 serial # AL00CVA1
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.167 – DOFLinx device:2 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 8 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.168 – DOFLinx Device: 3 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #2 serial #
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.169 – DOFLinx device:3 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 0 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.171 – DOFLinx Device: 4 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #3 serial #
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.172 – DOFLinx device:4 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 0 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.175 – Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.178 – Reading DirectOutputConfig file named C:\DirectOutput\config\directoutputconfig.ini
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:05.184 – Error in configuration for LINK_ item #3 trying to set device # 3 port to 4 Needs to be in the range 1-0
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:54.930 – DOF Linx for Pinball Emulators – DOFLinx by DDH69
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:54.935 – Starting up – version 7.15
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:54.935 – For support come and visit the community here http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=104
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:54.939 – Pre-Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.036 – DOFLinx device: 1 Initializing as LEDWiz #1 with ID=0
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.038 – DOFLinx device:1 LEDWiz setup with 32 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.753 – DOFLinx Device: 2 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #1 serial # AL00CVA1
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.755 – DOFLinx device:2 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 8 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.756 – DOFLinx Device: 3 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #2 serial # A6042TEX
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.758 – DOFLinx device:3 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 8 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.759 – DOFLinx Device: 4 Initializing as FTDI (Sainsmart) #3 serial # AL00CULI
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.760 – DOFLinx device:4 FTDI (Sainsmart) setup with 8 outputs
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.763 – Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
                      13-Aug-20 21:39:57.764 – Reading DirectOutputConfig file named C:\DirectOutput\config\directoutputconfig.ini

outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

The Sainsmart boards are more temperamental
                        This may cause a delay in the front end closing out
                        timeout /t 20
                        start DOFLinx.exe

OR

Try this
                        If you have DOFLinx In the start up group for windows remove it
                        Add this to the bottom of the launch Script for the emulators you want to use DOFLinx on
                        You may need more time  (As far as I know the 20 stands for 20 seconds)
                        timeout /t 20
                        start DOFLinx.exe

do the same with this in a close Script for the same emulators

taskkill /f /im "DOFLinx.exe"

Rich
                        Participant
                          @sushko

Hi and thanks for your help. The delay did not work but I did notice it took longer to error out so it was delayed. For now I will remove these tables from Popper and just play them outside of Popper. I have a lot of games that use Doflinx. hopefully they fix the hold command. IF not maybe I will put the work in to do your last recommendation. Thanks again.

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

@terryred, holy shit, I just read more stuff in this one thread than I did my first year in college, that was my worst year though…

I have FP running, Bam…DOF works, Pinup with vpx working, and popper.  When I launch the retro flair table, all of the pinup screens that are supposed to work are white and say the screen name on them.  The pinup pack is labeled correctly and in the pupvideos folder.  Is there a plug-in for FP and pup.  I setup PUP before I setup FP.  Thanks

TerryRed
                              @terryred

@terryred, holy shit, I just read more stuff in this one thread than I did my first year in college, that was my worst year though…

I have FP running, Bam…DOF works, Pinup with vpx working, and popper. When I launch the retro flair table, all of the pinup screens that are supposed to work are white and say the screen name on them. The pinup pack is labeled correctly and in the pupvideos folder. Is there a plug-in for FP and pup. I setup PUP before I setup FP. Thanks

For PinEvent… don’t overthink it.

Make sure you have pup 1.45 installed.

Make sure you have the newest update for DOF r3++ (if you use dof or have it installed). You need the newest version or you will have problems!

Links for everything you need is in the PinEvent install guide.

Then read the entire PinEvent Install Guide. It’s only 4 vbs files to copy…and one file to edit… but lots of options because I have options for everyone’s setup out there!

It’s important you choose the correct pupdmddrivertype, and also set each profile’s settings for what you use in your cabinet. By default most things are correct.

Don’t enable PUP STREAM until you get everything working first! This is important!

The big thing is disabling FP’s backglass and Arcade mode settings only for PinEvent tables (so the FP BG wont cover the pup-pack). This is covered in the install instructions.

Then read each table’s install instructions so you know about the pup-pack options you can use (run a BAT file in the pup-pack folder to change the option that best matches your setup).

SSF sound is low compared to FP as FP’s sound is loud (even compared to VPX). So you may need to reduce FP’s Sound and Music levels (page up/down and Home / end) while playing to match SSF sound levels better.

If you get errors with PinEvent tables…read the PinEvent faq, as it has answers or procedures to help you. Simply put…disable the DOF and Pup options and narrow down what is the problem.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

disregard, i put the cfg file in the wrong place, its working now.  Now, i didnt do anything with disabling the BG but i can read that.  The PUP stream was a little confusing though.  I need to reread that because i must have missed a bunch of that

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

disregard, i put the cfg file in the wrong place, its working now. Now, i didnt do anything with disabling the BG but i can read that. The PUP stream was a little confusing though. I need to reread that because i must have missed a bunch of that

To put it simply…if you have the FP BG and arcade mode disabled (in FP settings, not bam) and pup-packs working… then pup stream can be enabled to “stream” the pup-pack into the FP table in different spots like the apron or on the playfield… or the BG for VR,etc.

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

@terryred, I have to say your directions are very thorough, but the deeper i get in the more lost i get.  Its not you though its the system.  I have everything running and i am trying to disable the backglass from running for the pinevent.  I went to the video options and disabled arcade.  The bam settings are as you said they should be.  I am having issues trying to figure out how to disable the backglass though.  If i turn it off in FP i wont have one for star wars until the pinevent comes out correct?

when i go to popper, there are options to disable backglass but then doesnt the backglass video you have there stay on?

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

@terryred, I have to say your directions are very thorough, but the deeper i get in the more lost i get. Its not you though its the system. I have everything running and i am trying to disable the backglass from running for the pinevent. I went to the video options and disabled arcade. The bam settings are as you said they should be. I am having issues trying to figure out how to disable the backglass though. If i turn it off in FP i wont have one for star wars until the pinevent comes out correct?

when i go to popper, there are options to disable backglass but then doesnt the backglass video you have there stay on?

Don’t overthink this. :)

All you want to do is disable the FP Backglass / 2nd display and Arcade mode in FP Video settings (not BAM’s Force Arcade Mode) only for PinEvent tables.

The way to do that easily is to run 2 BAT commands to change those setting in the registry before running a PinEvent table. Then when exiting a PinEvent table and before running a normal FP table you want to run 2 BAT commands to enable those settings again.

In the Future Pinball Backglass section in the PinEvent install instructions, I give you the commands you need to use. Very easy.

You can easily do this with a front end by running the 2 commands to disable BEFORE you launch your PinEvent table, You do the same to enable BEFORE you launch normal FP table.

I give example on how to do this with Popper.

Some people find it easier just to add a separate FP emulator to the front end, only for PinEvent tables… and then use the disable commands there. Then use the enable commands in the normal FP emulator.

If not using a front-end, then just use 2 BAT files with the commands needed for each and run the BAT before starting FP.

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

ok, i do remember that.   I can use the registry.  I assume i am not using the “stream” but i have screens on the instruction cards and on the PF working, in say retroflair”.  sound right?

I also noticed a Popper problem with these tables.  I was able to record many PF videos for popper using the record function, but all these pinevent tables recorded an image and it happened before the table loaded.  Did you have this problem

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

ok, i do remember that. I can use the registry. I assume i am not using the “stream” but i have screens on the instruction cards and on the PF working, in say retroflair”. sound right?

I also noticed a Popper problem with these tables. I was able to record many PF videos for popper using the record function, but all these pinevent tables recorded an image and it happened before the table loaded. Did you have this problem

If you see the Apron cards and the playfield mini screen showing the pup-pack on them…then you have PUPStream enabled. All PUPStream options are in PinEvent_Settings.vbs. If it works and you like it…then leave it.

The Popper problem is because FFMPEG isn’t able to record FP’s exclusive Fullscreen. You would need to use the GPU option like Geforce Experience (or AMD equivalent) or OBS instead. I use OBS which I set to use nvidia encoder, which is similar to using GFE (same encoder).

Also, Popper uses Alt-F9 to record when using GPU or FFMPEG options…and that results in table info being displayed during gameplay (F9 turn that on in FP). With OBS Popper uses another key instead so not a problem for me there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Tom
                                          Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

awesome, thanks Terry

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 209 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?