PinEvent: DOF, MX, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD for Future Pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    avidediter
    Participant
      @avidediter

Thank you for your guides TerryRed. I have my cabinet running near perfect. Virtual Pin, Future Pin, MAME, video jukebox, Pinup Popper all configured and working.

My last  task was getting PinEvent working. I have PinEvent working fine on three tables, Halloween, F-14 and RetroFlair. My issue is Jaws, which is about 90% working. The game plays fine except for 1 issue. My Backglass looks like it is in a repeated loop (see attached image). Any clue on what might cause this and what things I could try to fix it?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Thank you for your guides TerryRed. I have my cabinet running near perfect. Virtual Pin, Future Pin, MAME, video jukebox, Pinup Popper all configured and working.

My last task was getting PinEvent working. I have PinEvent working fine on three tables, Halloween, F-14 and RetroFlair. My issue is Jaws, which is about 90% working. The game plays fine except for 1 issue. My Backglass looks like it is in a repeated loop (see attached image). Any clue on what might cause this and what things I could try to fix it?

Yes. You have the FP backglass still enabled, and part of the pup-pack is being streamed into it over and over again.

In the install instructions…it tells you to not enable PUPStream until you have everything else working and setup. This includes not having the FP Backglass and Arcade Mode (in FP video settings) enabled for PinEvent tables only. There is a section that explains how you can disable those options for PinEvent tables, and re-enable them for all other tables in the “Future Pinball Backglass” section. If you had any pupinit.bat files being used…then remove those as you don’t ned or want those when disabling the FP backglass.

Once you have that sorted, then re-enable PUP stream again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Rich
        Participant
          @sushko

Hi going back a bit my post with the Doflinx error. It works fine if you use this delay.

timeout /t 5
          cd /d c:\directoutput
          DOFLinxMsg.exe HOLD_ACTIVATION=0

I hope this helps others who are having the same problem.

avidediter
          Participant
            @avidediter

Yeah I apologize, my mistake, I missed that part of your tutorial because everything was working on F14 so I assumed I was done. I have it working if I manually change the registry, but adding those lines to the script and it never wrote to the registry. Even tried moving them before and after diffrernt lines in the script, then also deleting the close script line. Any other suggestions??

Attachments:
            TerryRed
              @terryred

If the text is copied correctly…then try not using a front-end and running those commands from a BAT file, then run FPloader,exe and a table. If it still doesn’t change, then try exit FP and try running the BAT as admin and see if that works. If it does, then the issue is a security / admin restriction between Popper and FPloader.exe (be sure futurepinball.exe is NOT run as admin).

You may need to add a timeout in the Popper launch script if it isn’t switching quick enough before FP is launched.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

I had this running fine and last night I installed doflinx and got that working.  Then today I went to play a FP table through BAM FPloader and it’s a far away POV, the backglass is smaller and the pinevent pup stuff is not working.  Any ideas what may have changed it

TerryRed
                  @terryred

I had this running fine and last night I installed doflinx and got that working. Then today I went to play a FP table through BAM FPloader and it’s a far away POV, the backglass is smaller and the pinevent pup stuff is not working. Any ideas what may have changed it

PinEvent tables / pup / pov won’t just stop working or change a pov all on it’s own. Something was changed that’s causing all those problems.

Track back exactly what you did between when it worked and when it didn’t.

You don’t just have one thing messed up but a bunch….so I can’t just say it’s “one” thing that is the problem.

Did you change any folder / files in the Future Pinball or BAM folders? Did you move any files around at all? Did you accidentally update BAM incorrectly and have the folder and files in the wrong location?

Johnny T
                  Participant
                    @johnnyt

I had this running fine and last night I installed doflinx and got that working. Then today I went to play a FP table through BAM FPloader and it’s a far away POV, the backglass is smaller and the pinevent pup stuff is not working. Any ideas what may have changed it

Hi Tom,

I know very little about all this stuff (in fact, I found your post whilst trying to find a fix for my own issue :-) ) however, I just wanted to chime in that sometimes I’ve heard that Windows updates can upset the apple cart a bit. I know there’s a big Windows update that being rolled out so I wonder if your system might have updated?

Just worth a thought as it could mean you just need to reinstall FP / BAM ?

TerryRed
                      @terryred

New upload on Sep 11 – 2020

This was only a few corrections to some descriptions in PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs (to prevent confusion with older pup display standards)

No actual functional changes or new features were added

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      insert58815
                      Participant
                        @insert58815

I just updated version 1.4. When hitting the jaw, the marble was seriously delayed.

There is no problem with other fp tables. It seems that there are problems with PinEvent tables. The fps is only about 30.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

I just updated version 1.4. When hitting the jaw, the marble was seriously delayed.

There is no problem with other fp tables. It seems that there are problems with PinEvent tables. The fps is only about 30.

This literally gives NO info on your setup or what you are using.

pup-pack?

dof?

cabinet?

desktop? (windowed or fullscreen)

PinEvent tables are no different than other FP tables unless you are using pup-packs and dof. If your system is an older PC and was just barely able to run “older” tables, it could struggle with newer tables that are more graphically demanding using new BAM features and better lighting.

If you have any kind of anti-virus or Windows Defender enabled…this will cause problems with stuttering, etc.

insert58815
                          Participant
                            @insert58815

I just used the previous backup bam and the result is still the same. My anti-virus has been turned off. There was an update for win10 the day before yesterday. I think the problem should be here. Thank you for your reply. I will look for the problem again. My PC i7-6700k graphics card gtx1070

TerryRed
                              @terryred

I just used the previous backup bam and the result is still the same. My anti-virus has been turned off. There was an update for win10 the day before yesterday. I think the problem should be here. Thank you for your reply. I will look for the problem again. My PC i7-6700k graphics card gtx1070

After any Win 10 updates… if you have problems… ALWAYS update your video card driver to the newest version from nvidia…. as Win 10 updates usually install a crappy driver.

insert58815
                              Participant
                                @insert58815

After updating the latest driver, even my SSF failed. I think it should be a problem with my computer hardware. It is the same situation with my backup before the update.

fastdraw
                                Participant
                                  @fastdraw

would it be possible to have an example of a blank table with only a working pupstream (with very short video, not to load the pc with mo).
                                  there is the possibility of simplifying the use of pupstream, based on fp video overlay. ? or yt for example.
                                  with indexation on the video .

instruction :  pupstream “video1” , “1:45” , “2:32”   ‘ video1 name video  ; 1:45 start video   ;  2:32  end video
                                  so only one video would be needed

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

would it be possible to have an example of a blank table with only a working pupstream (with very short video, not to load the pc with mo).

there is the possibility of simplifying the use of pupstream, based on fp video overlay. ? or yt for example.

with indexation on the video .

instruction : pupstream “video1” , “1:45” , “2:32” ‘ video1 name video ; 1:45 start video ; 2:32 end video

so only one video would be needed

No… it doesn’t work that way at all. FP can’t play videos within it’s own window. PUP Stream (in my PinEvent tables / mods) is only making use of the BAM pup plugin to stream another program’s window into FP as a texture (the window can be any program’s window, not just pup). It has no control over anything, and doesn’t play any videos.

You can only have a FP table tell another program to play a video in its’ own window (like pup)…and you need to use the pup plugin to stream that window into FP as a texture.

There is no “one command to play videos” solution for FP.

A simple example for the BAM pup plug-in to stream from a window to a FP texture.

Dim PP

Set PP = xBAM.Get("PuPPlugin")
                                    If PP Is Nothing Then
                                    AddDebugText "PuP Plugin is missing"
                                    Else
                                    AddDebugText "PuP Plugin has started"
                                    End if

PP.ShowVideo "name of FP texture", "name of window to stream videos from"

Daytona24
                                    Participant
                                      @daytona24

I have an issue I have troubleshooted for hours with no result.  F-14 will not show its PuP Pack in Popper.  If I start it outside Popper with FP it works fine.  Inside Popper, I can hear the audio but nothing on BG or DMD.  Halloween, Jaws and Retroflair work fine.  I’m at a loss.

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

I have an issue I have troubleshooted for hours with no result. F-14 will not show its PuP Pack in Popper. If I start it outside Popper with FP it works fine. Inside Popper, I can hear the audio but nothing on BG or DMD. Halloween, Jaws and Retroflair work fine. I’m at a loss.

In Games Manager, for that table under Keep Displays ON, do you have that set to NONE to not have Popper’s media kept on when launching the table?

Daytona24
                                        Participant
                                          @daytona24

Yes I do have them set to None, I can hear the music playing for the Pup Pack and I’ve even checked to make sure the screens were set the same as the others.

I’m using Option 2, Full DmD, Backglass.  And I’ve got the Pupinit.bat in the folder as well.

The only change I made was before importing I had to name the file 1.02 instead of 1.01 because at some point I told Popper to ignore always the 1.01 filename and can’t figure out how to undo that. I renamed all the configs and files to match that change.

No problems if launched directly from BAM. Could it be a timing issue in Popper?

This is my Popper launch script.  I set up a separate emulator for the 4 PinEvent games.

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Future Pinball”

START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

So frustrating.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

F-14’s table and pup-pack are no different than any other PinEvent table. The pup-pack is simply started on the table startup.

The “sounds” you hear aren’t from the pup-pack. They are all from the table itself. None of the videos in the pup-pack use any sound or music.

So you need to be sure the pup-pack is even being started…OR…. if it’s being closed for whatever reason.

You shouldn’t be using pupinit.bat at all for a cabinet. Instead you should be disabling the FP Backglass (for PinEvent tables only) according to the PinEvent Install Guide.

pupinit.bat is more for desktop users not using PUP Stream (as a last resort).

Be sure you don’t have any custom pinupplayer.ini files in the pup-pack folder.

This is where you would have added any “ignore files”…. so check there if that is causing problems.

ignore file

When you import tables…. I’d recommend using “generic names” for your tables, instead of using version numbers,etc.

You can also always rename the table and all media for it in Popper, using Games Manager and double-clicking on the Table, and then using the options in Import Data.

Something in your Popper setup may be stopping F-14’s pup-pack from being allowed to run. This doesn’t sound like a PinEvent issue.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 209 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?