PinUP System (Player and Popper Front-End) Install

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

PinUP System with PinUP Player & PinUP Popper front-end Installer v1.3

(you can choose to install either and/or both parts)

Want to know what you can do?  You can customize it 100 different ways, from over the top-‘bling’ to simple and ‘net’.  Watch TerryRed version of his setup!

There’s so much to go through that the best method is to go through our video series…

Special shout-out to TerryRed for his passion and hard-work on this project!!!

Thanks to all who have helped/tested and contributed to getting the PinUP System to where it’s at today.

Let the games…..begin!!!

Note:  Feel free to join our FaceBook Group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/1602697096474910/

Also,  installer is usually outdated once we release a new update.  So visit our wiki page for all downloads to latest versions here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

The PinUP System Wiki is a great place to browse and see all available and current info..

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php

Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

Some quick things that we’ve seen from initial testers:

If you have issues closing-out VPX via Popper (exit emulator should be instant)…. You must run PINUPMENU.EXE AS ADMIN if you are running other apps also as ‘admin’.  If you are not running other apps as admin then leave all PinUP System files as normal.

So if you run into anything weird at first,  first try to run pinupmenu.exe as admin and see if that improves..

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Some quick things that we’ve seen from initial testers:

If you have issues closing-out VPX via Popper (exit emulator should be instant)…. You must run PINUPMENU.EXE AS ADMIN if you are running other apps also as ‘admin’. If you are not running other apps as admin then leave all PinUP System files as normal.

So if you run into anything weird at first, first try to run pinupmenu.exe as admin and see if that improves..

This also applies to the “Record Displays” function as well.

Dazz
          Participant
            @dazz

Looks great. Just went through setup.

Still no DMD FlipY for Pin2k style cabinets? :(

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

I’ve helped others with that question.  if you want i can send you a batch file link that will rotate all your dmd videos in Y-flip to use in Popper….

Let me know.

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

I’ve helped others with that question. if you want i can send you a batch file link that will rotate all your dmd videos in Y-flip to use in Popper….

Let me know.

Yep, another P2K cab here. I could use that link too.

Dazz
                Participant
                  @dazz

I’ve helped others with that question. if you want i can send you a batch file link that will rotate all your dmd videos in Y-flip to use in Popper….

Let me know.

I’ll take the batch file, but I’ve never used videos on my cab, so I have nothing to convert.  Just figured it would have been more native support.

Aetios
                  Participant
                    @aetios

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Thx a lot @nailbuster and @TerryRed, you did it ! I can’ wait to test it :yahoo:

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Let me know.

Are you up and running again with your cab Carney? (You TV died long ago)

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

I’ve helped others with that question. if you want i can send you a batch file link that will rotate all your dmd videos in Y-flip to use in Popper…. Let me know.

For P2K cabs (dmd y-flip) or Rotation of Playfield videos for others…. I’ve started a thread here:  http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/rotation-of-playfield-videos/

Dazz
                        Participant
                          @dazz

Quick question… I’ve never really run any other systems on my cabinet other than VP. I have a standalone version of Pinball FX2, it’s a non Steam install.  Can I not use the Pinball FX2.exe.  I tried setting the script from Steam.exe to Pinball FX2.exe and when launched it just closes everything, including PuP.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Quick question… I’ve never really run any other systems on my cabinet other than VP. I have a standalone version of Pinball FX2, it’s a non Steam install. Can I not use the Pinball FX2.exe. I tried setting the script from Steam.exe to Pinball FX2.exe and when launched it just closes everything, including PuP.

I don’t have that version…but I would ask sensless, as I think he has a non Steam version as well….though most people update to FX3 now.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Congrats on the new front end guys! It really is a game changer when you launch a frontend and get all tingle like;) thank you for all the time and effort you put into this :good:

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks you sooooo much Terry and Nailbuster + test team for this new front end. Finally we’ve got something that is made by guys that love pinball and know what we need.

I must admit I might be a bit quick about the rave’ng. Not installed yet. But, from the excellent video from you Terry I’m sure that in a couple of days time I’ll be running this front end as well.

rablack97
                                Participant
                                  @rablack97

Quick question… I’ve never really run any other systems on my cabinet other than VP. I have a standalone version of Pinball FX2, it’s a non Steam install. Can I not use the Pinball FX2.exe. I tried setting the script from Steam.exe to Pinball FX2.exe and when launched it just closes everything, including PuP.

I don’t have that version…but I would ask sensless, as I think he has a non Steam version as well….though most people update to FX3 now.

Which will have an offline command as of April 17th  :good:

CodingGamer
                                  Participant
                                    @codinggamer

First off, thanks to everyone involved in putting this together!  It is starting with so many features and I can’t wait to see what it evolves into!

Being a software developer myself, I know what great fun it is to release a new piece of software and find out how it works on so many different systems.  ;-)

To that end I have a question/problem.  I am one of those people that run their play field in portrait mode.  I just could not handle dealing with the main screen on its side.  But I have altered all my tables and rotated them and everything works well.  I setup the PinUP displays for my setup but it looks like by default the Popper is rotating the play field.  So I returned to display setup and changed it to be rotated to 90 degrees and that seems to solve that part.

But I am having two problems with the wheelbar.  First is it not showing up on screen if I have the play field showing.  It is there but it appears to be underneath the play field.  If I hide the play field it shows up.  The second is the wheelbar seems to be ‘fixed’ in some way that I can not get it to rotate with the play field.  I tried changing the display settings for Game Select but that did not help.

I did try changing my setup to landscape, I re-setup all the display settings again but the wheelbar still is not showing unless I hide the play field.  Any thoughts?

NailBuster
                                      @nailbuster
                                      ModeratorMember

First off, thanks to everyone involved in putting this together! It is starting with so many features and I can’t wait to see what it evolves into! Being a software developer myself, I know what great fun it is to release a new piece of software and find out how it works on so many different systems. ;-) To that end I have a question/problem. I am one of those people that run their play field in portrait mode. I just could not handle dealing with the main screen on its side. But I have altered all my tables and rotated them and everything works well. I setup the PinUP displays for my setup but it looks like by default the Popper is rotating the play field. So I returned to display setup and changed it to be rotated to 90 degrees and that seems to solve that part. But I am having two problems with the wheelbar. First is it not showing up on screen if I have the play field showing. It is there but it appears to be underneath the play field. If I hide the play field it shows up. The second is the wheelbar seems to be ‘fixed’ in some way that I can not get it to rotate with the play field. I tried changing the display settings for Game Select but that did not help. I did try changing my setup to landscape, I re-setup all the display settings again but the wheelbar still is not showing unless I hide the play field. Any thoughts?

the wheelbar can be on any display… just that landscape is the default.  Watch this video and see if it helps you customize the location of wheelbar.  If not,  start a thread here in the pinup forum and we can work through it as i’m sure others will have similar setup.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      TerryRed
                                        @terryred

BTW…thanks to Draco1962 for his Visual Pinball X logo that was used in the default media in the Installer!

CodingGamer
                                        Participant
                                          @codinggamer

Nailbuster – Thanks your video resolved my issues.  So I had two problems:

• Reason the WheelBar was not showing for me was an error message was being thrown in the background.  In Terry’s video he mentioned in the scripts section we could turn on ‘useDOF’.  I set that to true and that was causing an error.  Guessing there is more setup there so I turned that off and will deal with it later.
                                          • Second was by default in the Pack Editor there is a CustomPos for the WheelBar that I missed was even there since I did not scroll to the right.  Once I removed that I could position the WheelBar where ever I wanted.

Thank you!!

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Nailbuster – Thanks your video resolved my issues. So I had two problems:

• Reason the WheelBar was not showing for me was an error message was being thrown in the background. In Terry’s video he mentioned in the scripts section we could turn on ‘useDOF’. I set that to true and that was causing an error. Guessing there is more setup there so I turned that off and will deal with it later.
                                            • Second was by default in the Pack Editor there is a CustomPos for the WheelBar that I missed was even there since I did not scroll to the right. Once I removed that I could position the WheelBar where ever I wanted.

Thank you!!

If you don’t have your DOF Config files “up to date” from DOF Config Tool, that will cause an error with Popper, as its trying to INIT the “PinUPMenu”  rom.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 172 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?