Project Alien Star Resurrection!

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    robertms
    Participant
      @mophead

So cool, did you find your balls yet?

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

It keeps complaining it can’t find the balls when I try to start a game, can’t understand :whistle:

MVIMG_20200120_194226

Please read through the whole support thread you will find…oh wait, wrong thread.

Thanks again for taking the time, and I know it takes a lot! to share all this with us.  Really enjoying following this.      …that’s a creepy gif @bord btw

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

So cool, did you find your balls yet?

LOL, balls found eventually.  still a bunch of switch adjusting to do, at least one light socket to replace, and timing to learn but it does play.

crappy video of even crappier game play.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          JR
          JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

That!…had to be an amazing moment.  Cheers!

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Congratulations. Crappy gameplay ? I don’t know about that though, might call the last ball a mistake, but, the others is because you’re still learning how it plays. Now, I’m even more envious than I’ve been before. But, I one thing. The VP version that you’ve created for us, isn’t very far from the real deal so I’m not going to show up on your door-step any time soon ;)

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

That!…had to be an amazing moment. Cheers!

amazing and another scary one turning it on with everything plugged in, watching and listening for locked coils or smoke. before that video I was test playing and had a sling switch too close and it would machine gun fire when hit and I could smell the coil getting hot, quick shut off the machine and adjust.  looked at all the switches at least 3 times before ever turning it on and thought all were fine, guess not, but that’s all part of the process.

Congratulations. Crappy gameplay ? I don’t know about that though, might call the last ball a mistake, but, the others is because you’re still learning how it plays. Now, I’m even more envious than I’ve been before. But, I one thing. The VP version that you’ve created for us, isn’t very far from the real deal so I’m not going to show up on your door-step any time soon ;)

Thanks, definitely a couple mistakes in there. one thing that will show up in the new vp version as well is that the inlane wire guides are definitely higher than the flippers, the ball does drop/hop as it comes off them noticeably especially on slow rollers, and no possible way to adjust that out of them without drilling new holes, pretty sure it is as designed, but makes for slightly different play and need for more accuracy on alley pass shots.  of course in VP it is easy to make it play easy if you want to.

Right now the one shot that is not possible to make is the right loop behind the pops to add bonus X.  that metal guide needs to be basically perfect for that shot to happen, when I first put it in the ball would hit the mini-post at the end of it sending the ball into the pops, I tweaked it some and it makes it past that post, but now sends it too low to hit the target, need to find that baby bear sweet spot.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Congrats! Amazing work @borgdog it really looks good! WOW

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

Did some more tweaking today, loop shot for bonusx after left inlane now makeable, tough shot that has to be at the right speed, not to fast, not to slow, but makeable, fixed a couple lights, adjusted a couple switches, playing pretty good now, now I just need to play better :unsure:

It is definitely more difficult than my vpx version, I’m going to have to do something about that B-) I find in general vpx games are easier than the real machines, at least the ones I have enough game time on to make a reasonable judgement.

audits say 61 games have been played and finally got my first decent hit with 5x multiball on the lit spinner to get me my current high score:

Screenshot_20200123-201657

and a couple glamour shots (note this was before I fixed the right sling loose light bulb):

IMG_20200123_063358IMG_20200123_063405IMG_20200123_063334

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

Those yellow lane guides look great.

Congrats, man. So glad you can finally play it and say I BUILT THIS FROM WOOD AND PARTS.

Unreal.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Yes I like the yellow too. :)

congrats on yet another great project!

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Suggested white, yellow looks very good too. Must admit, looking forward to the harder playing VP version. First though, enjoy this machine. Job very well done and thanks a bunch for keeping us updated all the way.

Oldschool4
                          Participant
                            @oldschool4

Congratulations BorgDog, it looks Awesome :good:

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Fuck this game. I love it!

I don’t know how many games I’ve had with 3 house balls, and hence tiny scores, but it’s been at least a few.  This thing is brutal, but it is oh so worth it when you get a good game and rip the 50,000 point spinner.  Getting better at alley pass, at least from left to right anyway, rarely try the other way.  It’s amazing how late on the flippers the N in alien and the hole shot are, both are really tough from a cradle actually easier from a slight roll.

today’s high

Screenshot_20200125-172252

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Damn it. That is close, or maybe even just above my high – and then you tell me that it plays harder ;-)

I agree, there is very few things in pinball feeling more rewarding than ripping that spinner with 5x active.

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

I like VPX pins, where the build supports that to succeed requires the player to pretty much use similar gameplay tactics and decisions as you would the real pin.  This usually leads to a bunch of bum games and then everything aligns and you get those rewarding games that makes the experience worthwhile and for a moment, hides that wizard behind the curtain that we sometimes notice too much with all pinball sims.  Your comments seem to reflect this understanding (and as we’ve seen from past releases) so the next update should be a great one to an already superbly fun VPX version.

For now, take your time and enjoy what you have sowed good sir, superb job on the rebuild!

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Awesome!
                                    The video and pictures also prove how good the VPX version is.
                                    Btw. love the mechanical sounds in the video :)

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

Congrats on a fantastic project!  :yahoo:

Sammyvee
                                      Participant
                                        @sammyvee

Speechless.  Absolutely incredible work mate.

I love your VP version of this game, I can only imagine how good the real game must feel.

Well done.

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

@thalamus just for you.  :bye:

Screenshot_20200422-091230

working on rolling it.  sad part is that 8.5 million of that was ball 1.  pretty much all my higher scores most of the score has come from 1 good multi-ball.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Haha. The challenge is on. But, since you told me ( which doesn’t really come as a suprise ) that the real deal is harder. Then all I guess I can say for now is – congratulations. I can assure you though. I now will have a goal of rounding it before you B-)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 145 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?