Star Trek Pro (Stern 2013) (VPX Beta 2233+)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

disable reflections I think. or use older vp build without reflections

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Disable reflections on this table until I can figure out a fix for it.
        I don’t know what that damn nudge.mp3 error is…never seen anything like that in my life……….!

Punch it!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

his error looks like vpx install issue. make sure you have all dll’s and vbs files needed for vpx

for IOS and Android

TrackMaD
          Participant
            @me2010

Thanks for the replies guys, i disabled reflection but lines are still there, no biggie i’m sure it will be all good fren when you release final, in the meantime i will play around with setting etc and report back if i find something, will post the error on vpforums beta thread see if they know i’m pretty sure ive got everything where it should be, let you all know. Keep up the great work on the table fren loved the movie and the game your making is awesome. Cheers

boomshakalaka

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

Lines shouldn’t be there, they only show because reflection is enabled somewhere. Unfortunately there’s 3 places you can adjust it… here’s how you can turn it off for sure:

Punch it!

TrackMaD
              Participant
                @me2010

omg, i feel like an idiot, i was turning off reflections in the vp10 video options, what a dunce sorry mate all good now lines are gone , thanks for the info/pic/post. also update on my error , 1 solution was to make a dummy .mp3 file in the music folder named nudge.mp3 which fixes the error, but something must be wrong with my vp10beta installation, anyway temporary solution is working. Cheers guys

boomshakalaka

Pinball999
                Participant
                  @pinball999

Great job on ST Fren! And thanks a lot for sharing!

JAA3rd
                  Participant
                    @jaa3rd

Is there such thing as “rom lag”? It seems like on this table the rom is a few seconds behind on what’s happening on the table.

Example – Mission Select: Cycle through missions one at a time, and it takes about 2 seconds for the rom to register the next mission. Also when shooting the Vengeance, it takes a few seconds for the explosion to register.

Maybe it’s just me being oversensitive. Running vpx 2194, but I guess I could downgrade to 2162 and see if that makes a difference.

Blashyrk
                    Participant
                      @blashyrk

Make sure you have the latest vpinmame.dll

JAA3rd
                      Participant
                        @jaa3rd

I believe I do…. SAM_Unified 2.17 created 9/11/2015

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Ive heard of that issue but not for a long time. thought it was fixed long time ago? i have not ever noticed it

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                            @freneticamnesic
                            vipModeratorMember

It should not take that long at all… I haven’t encountered that kind of delay on this rom. Can you try older roms? They should have a lot available for download on VPU…

Punch it!

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

I am having a problem that I had with AC/DC. If I try to run the directb2s I get an invalid ROM abort message. If I use vpinmame, the rom works fine. Never did solve this for AC/DC.. Works fine on my other cab – but that one isnt powerful enought for VPx :-(
                              Can anyone provide a link to the directb2s that I should be using – in case it is not the right one.
                              (latest vpx, latest vpinmame, rom test and works fine in setup.exe)

JAA3rd
                              Participant
                                @jaa3rd

Looks like the slowdown occurs after staying in attract mode for a while, however a quick bounce out and back in of the table seems to resolve. Maybe a memory leak or something.

Table is alot of fun – just wish I could get the mission select to work consistently.

TrackMaD
                                Participant
                                  @me2010

I am having a problem that I had with AC/DC. If I try to run the directb2s I get an invalid ROM abort message. If I use vpinmame, the rom works fine. Never did solve this for AC/DC.. Works fine on my other cab – but that one isnt powerful enought for VPx :-(
                                  Can anyone provide a link to the directb2s that I should be using – in case it is not the right one.
                                  (latest vpx, latest vpinmame, rom test and works fine in setup.exe)

Mate please find attached the one that works for me , also attached the AC/DC one hope these work for you.

boomshakalaka

Daryl
                                  Participant
                                    @allknowing2012

Well it has something to do with the complexity of the table (and AC/DC). I stripped out much of it (esp the big Enterprise) and it finally worked and recognized the rom. If anyone knows the internals of how vpinmame & vp interact, I wonder if I/we can solve this puzzle.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Daryl, you must have named rom wrong or zip wrong or your specs are just not up to par? if removing models makes it load sounds like under powered pc? remember rom inside zip needs to be correct as does the zip

for IOS and Android

Daryl
                                      Participant
                                        @allknowing2012

Specs: i3 intel with gtx 750ti 2G card, win 7 – its pretty decent compared to my crap dev box that CAN play it… go figure.. It plays fine if I set ccontroller to 1 (vpinmame dmd only). I only going to play around with the various video preferences. It is the same issue I had/have with trying to play ac/dc with the backglass. Going to try running with a gpu monitoring program to watch the memory usage. F11, I believe also shows gpu memory.

Just need to find the magic switch/setting that is different..

hmm crappy dev box is a win7 64 bit .. video shows 2G *plus* 765M of shared memory.
                                        Need to compare that to cabinet win7 *32* bit. And I read that windows can only use 4G for 32bit so that might be something..

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012

I see comments like this and I wonder if this is it:
                                          “If you have 4GB of RAM and your graphics card has 1GB of memory…a 32-bit version of Windows will only see 3GB of your RAM.

The problem is a limitation in the addressing of memory. With 32-bit, there simply isn’t enough.”

Well I have 4GB and 2GB of video .. but still capping the entire system at 4GB might be killer to tables as complex as this one. Might be as “simple” as putting 64bit windows on my cab.

Yea.. simple.. :negative:

Daryl
                                          Participant
                                            @allknowing2012

Installed 64 bit windows 7 (replacing 32bit) along with divers .. and now they both work. Perhaps this is key – 64bit allowing a bigger memory model.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 165 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?