Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Spectrum1
    Participant
      @spectrum1

This looks like an amazing table to play but I haven’t been able to update my BAM to 1.5-301. All FP tables crash to desktop just after the loading screen is done. I am using windows 10 in Desktop mode, borderless gaming and run as administrator is set to off. When I downloaded the update I unblocked the security checkbox. I don’t know what else to look for, Any idea’s / suggestions would be great. I did backup my bam folder that currently works which is bam 1.5-295.0

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

All I can say, is make sure you are using the same settings for FP and BAM as I show in my guide.

Be sure you have your gpu, audio and motherboard drivers up to date. Same with Visual C++. Don’t assume the gpu driver is good, as Win 10 updates tend to replace it with a crappy one that causes problems.

Sometimes, other things running on your system can cause issues to like Windows Defender, other A/V apps, or security / admin issues, Win 10 Gaming mode, etc.

Also, you are better off running FP in Fullscreen, not Borderless Gaming. If you are running PinEvent tables… I highly recommend getting a dummy plug monitor dongle, and using PUP Stream so you can see the pup-pack and play in fullscreen.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        king91six
        Participant
          @king91six

this one just crash, everything updated, it loads all this stuff and then straight to desktop like I never even clicked bam?

king91six
          Participant
            @king91six

removed*

TerryRed
              @terryred

tables new name: epic crash battles lol

Not cute, or funny.

100’s of people have it working fine.

Read through the FP and BAM guide and be certain all your settings for FP and BAM are correct…and be sure your drivers have been updated. Just because previous tables were working doesn’t mean everything was updated or setup correctly to begin with…. or there isn’t something on your system causing an issue.

Update: maybe you have the same issue as this guy

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/future-pinball-and-bam-mega-guide-by-terryred/page/7/#post-196595

king91six
              Participant
                @king91six

Got it to load on different pc, then Darth vader script errors,  nice try but your perfect working cab don’t match most other cabs that are not pipmed out like yours. Thanks tho cuz you are amazing

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Got it to load on different pc, then Darth vader script errors, nice try but your perfect working cab don’t match most other cabs that are not pipmed out like yours. Thanks tho cuz you are amazing

If you have Darth script errors… then you don’t have BAM properly updated…or you may need to run FPLoader.exe as admin..or both.

…and I have this working just fine on my 12 year old laptop using an old ATI gpu. I create these updates on my main PC, not my cabinet. That PC is using a 7 year old CPU that was overheated for 1 month straight because the cooler wasn’t working. Neither are pimped out or perfect.

glx
                  Participant
                    @glx66

Just to say if anybody ever has white boxes, and the playfield is particularly dark, update your graphics card drivers. That’s what did it for me.

Hey Terry, it’s amazing what you’ve been able to do with this table. FP with all the new BAM features are really beginning to give FX3 some serious competition in the realm of “more active” tables! I can’t wait to see it go through the PinEvent treatment it deserves. On that day, I’m gonna take a week off :yes:

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Just to say if anybody ever has white boxes, and the playfield is particularly dark, update your graphics card drivers. That’s what did it for me.

Hey Terry, it’s amazing what you’ve been able to do with this table. FP with all the new BAM features are really beginning to give FX3 some serious competition in the realm of “more active” tables! I can’t wait to see it go through the PinEvent treatment it deserves. On that day, I’m gonna take a week off :yes:

It’s in progress…. but I’ve been distracted with some newer BAM wip features which are big game changers with the lighting! I’ll post a video later tonight in another post.

king91six
                      Participant
                        @king91six

Got it to load on different pc, then Darth vader script errors, nice try but your perfect working cab don’t match most other cabs that are not pipmed out like yours. Thanks tho cuz you are amazing

If you have Darth script errors… then you don’t have BAM properly updated…or you may need to run FPLoader.exe as admin..or both.

…and I have this working just fine on my 12 year old laptop using an old ATI gpu. I create these updates on my main PC, not my cabinet. That PC is using a 7 year old CPU that was overheated for 1 month straight because the cooler wasn’t working. Neither are pimped out or perfect.

Odd, my bam us fully updated and set to admin, ill keep messing tho, I know its my end and not the file, thanks again

king91six
                        Participant
                          @king91six

No matter what I try I get this

BazzaLB
                          Participant
                            @bazzalb

No matter what I try I get this

If you go to where you have BAM installed, right click on BAM.dll, go to “Details” tab and look at the file version. What do you see?

Attachments:
                            king91six
                            Participant
                              @king91six

I commented out the line and it loaded for a bit longer,  wow!! Just the lights and stuff going on in attract mode, beautiful.  I’m checking version now. Man I’m  blown away. Ok so I’m gonna go punch myself,  bam 1.5.295.0, I swear I just updated but must not. Hey the crash comment was a joke, i knew it was me not you. But im sorry for making the joke.

Rich
                              Participant
                                @sushko

I cant get Doflinx to work with this one. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. It just timeout to default.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

I cant get Doflinx to work with this one. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. It just timeout to default.

This is a completely new table update built on SLAM’s newer Ultimate Pro table, so there was no DOFLinx code on this table.

It also says the description that there is no PinEvent yet for this table. So that means no DOF until I complete the PinEvent update (in progress).

Rich
                                  Participant
                                    @sushko

OK I did not realize that I did see no PinEvent but I was thinking that meant it used DofLinx. Now I got it all new table.

Awesome cant wait for PinEvent to be added.

jayfrost
                                    Participant
                                      @jayfrost

Ok I love your work Terry!  Waited with baited breath when you released the video on youtube prior to releasing the table.  I have a weird question and I dont think its directly related to this table but not sure….

I have a 3 monitor cabinet.  I use 43 inch 4k playfield, a backglass monitor, and a LCD screen for DMD.  I followed all your guides and everything works well.

This table plays great when using FPLoader.  But when I launch this table via Pinup, i get an instant windows error that says FutureDMD.exe is not found.  I have verified its in the root of the FuturePinball folder, I even copied it to the BAM folder just to test.  No other games have this issue.  I am sure I am missing something, but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again for the great work.  If this doesnt belong here, please let me know and I will remove this question.

Jason

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Your using the same Emulator setup for all FP Games?
                                        FutureDMD works with other Games?

@jayfrost
                                          Post your Launch script

jayfrost
                                        Participant
                                          @jayfrost

I am using the same emulator for Future Pinball games.  I followed Terrys tutorial and seemed to have everything working fine.  Other games seem fine as well.

In pinup popper here is the launch script

rem Enable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode

REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
                                          REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if “Custom Launch Param” = NO_BackGlass

if “[custom1]”==”NO_BackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
                                          if “[custom1]”==”NO_BackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Run FutureDMD ONLY IF “Custom Var #2” DOES NOT = NO_FutureDMD

if NOT “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (cd “c:\Games\Future Pinball”)
                                          if NOT “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1)
                                          if NOT “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (timeout /t 1)

rem Disable DOFLinx if “Custom Var #3” = NO_DOFLinx

cd /d c:\directoutput
                                          if “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLinx” (DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=1)

rem Launch Future Pinball

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 5 60 “BSP Software*”
                                          START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

There’s nothing about this table (or any others) that would prevent FutureDMD from being found when launching from Popper.

The problem comes down to how you are using it with Popper and your launch script.

If it can’t be found, then you have an issue with where you have it installed…or your launch script is incorrect.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 135 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?