Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Mihos
    Participant
      @mihos

I have it working now, not sure exactly what did it but all my FP/PUP tables are working now.  It may be something I did when moving some screens around.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Well, 2 of the guys who had problems seem to have it working now.

It seemed to require doing a fresh install of newest BAM completely (no older files).

ravarcade explains what he thought the problem may have been…

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?threads/bam-update-v317.19899/#post-123995

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

That would explain why I’m not having the problem
          When I download the bam update I copy everything over except for the default.cfg

RegalBegal
          Participant
            @rgalbegal

So I finally had some time to double check everything and it turns out I didn’t update my PinEvent VBS files. :wacko: Now it’s working fine. I’d  like to thank everyone for the suggestions.

I have to say I’m beyond impressed with your work Terry. The videos do not do this table justice.

joeplainfield
            Participant
              @joeplainfield

Had this one downloaded for a while. Thought I’d need an hour or so to get it to work properly. Nope. Installed and was running properly in 2 minutes. This is beautiful. Thanks Terry and SlamT1lt. You guys continue to raise the bar. Now just have to wait for the red and blue side MX  addressable LED images to fade from my retinas :)

stinkbug666
              Participant
                @stinkbug666

Is it normal for the left solenoid to knock 6-8 times when next ball is loaded?

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Is it normal for the left solenoid to knock 6-8 times when next ball is loaded?

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks

Yes, its normal because that is all the drop targets being popped up (individually) at the start of the ball.

No simple way to change it, no.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  coreduo0099
                  Participant
                    @coreduo0099

Well,  after a 3 week hiatus from pinball due to work projects, I was really glad to see this masterpiece completed.  Just fired it up and WOW.  Amazing Terry!

The attention to detail makes one just smile and laugh.

Thank you for your phenomenal work!

timblo
                    Participant
                      @timblo

Jaws and Halloween were made before PuP had a FullDMD dedicated screen and standard. So their “design” was different compared to the other tables, and why they have different pup-pack options.

So, what you need to do is use Custom PinEvent settings for “those” tables. You can use the same pup-pack options for Jaws and Halloween as you did before.

To use Custom settings, you need to edit each of those table’s PinEvent settings in the Table Script to “override” the defaults in Pinevent_Settings.vbs

Look for this section in the table script near the top:

‘#################### PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS (for this table only) #####################

…and enable the custom settings, then make sure all the PinEvent options in that section only are correct for what you use (pup, dof,etc) and make sure your pupdmddrivertype matches what you need for that specific table and pup-pack option. for you for these table that would be = 0

The whole point of adding in the custom settings in the table script was for situations like this. Users who have a dedicated 3rd monitor / DMD don’t normally need this, but it’s there in case someone needs it for whatever reason.

F-14, Retroflair, Star Wars all have a FullDMD on BG option that also uses pupdmddrivertype = 2

Hello – I have the same problem with the tables in question. I’ll try it out on my cabinet today (hope I’ve understood everything that needs to be set)

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Hello – I have the same problem with the tables in question. I’ll try it out on my cabinet today (hope I’ve understood everything that needs to be set)

Halloween was updated to now have a FullDMD on BG option. So now Jaws is the only table that is different than the others for 2 screen users and requires pupdmddrivertype = 0

timblo
                        Participant
                          @timblo

Hello Terry – now all PinEvent tables are running on my cabinet including DMD and back glass. Thanks for your work.

Small disadvantage with the Star WArs – I have ball jerks at this table. Can I possibly do something in the settings so that the ball rolls smoothly. Hardware I have a Pentium7 with a GeForce1070Ti. Other tables on both Visual Pinball X and BAM run smoothly – only the StarWars with PinEvent has these ball jerks
                          the frame rate limiter mode is set to “off”

thanks for further suggestion

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Hello Terry – now all PinEvent tables are running on my cabinet including DMD and back glass. Thanks for your work.

Small disadvantage with the Star WArs – I have ball jerks at this table. Can I possibly do something in the settings so that the ball rolls smoothly. Hardware I have a Pentium7 with a GeForce1070Ti. Other tables on both Visual Pinball X and BAM run smoothly – only the StarWars with PinEvent has these ball jerks

the frame rate limiter mode is set to “off”

thanks for further suggestion

First try turning off PUP Stream in PinEvent_Settings.vbs and see if it runs better.

After that you can turn off all reflection  options in FP video settings.

timblo
                            Participant
                              @timblo

First try turning off PUP Stream in PinEvent_Settings.vbs and see if it runs better.

Hello Terry – that was a very good tip. STAR WARS is now also running smoothly. Thank you for your support. Great work.

best regards Tim

scampa123
                              Participant
                                @scampa123

Terry,

I have a 4 screen cabinet setup (pl, backglass, dmd   Topper).  My dmd is a Full 16×9 lcd…

should I use option 2 or 3?

I started with option 2 but nothing showed on my dmd.  Should I use 3?  I saw you respond with that to someone else fir a 16×9 dmd…

Also I haven’t turned on pup stream yet because I want to be sure the table is correct first…

I’m noticing I get a script error line 10628 Object required MiniPlayfield_0.  This will go away if I run FPLoader as Admin, but then my cabinet button to exit the table does not work.  I assume that means I’d need to run Popper menu as admin too…Is there a better way?

while running as admin fixes the script error now I’m not seeing the backglass and dmd screens but I can play the table….slowly working through this….

any suggestions?

thank you!!

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Terry,

I have a 4 screen cabinet setup (pl, backglass, dmd Topper). My dmd is a Full 16×9 lcd…

should I use option 2 or 3?

I started with option 2 but nothing showed on my dmd. Should I use 3? I saw you respond with that to someone else fir a 16×9 dmd…

Also I haven’t turned on pup stream yet because I want to be sure the table is correct first…

I’m noticing I get a script error line 10628 Object required MiniPlayfield_0. This will go away if I run FPLoader as Admin, but then my cabinet button to exit the table does not work. I assume that means I’d need to run Popper menu as admin too…Is there a better way?

while running as admin fixes the script error now I’m not seeing the backglass and dmd screens but I can play the table….slowly working through this….

any suggestions?

thank you!!

You would:

• run “Option 2 – FullDMD, Backglass” BAt in pup-pack
                                  • make sure pupdmdrivertype = 2 in Pinevent_Setting.vbs
                                  • make sure you are update to pup 1.45
                                  • make sure you have your Apron/FullDMD pup display is set to your 16×9 DMD screen.
                                  • make sure ALL your monitors are set to 100 for Text scaling in windows display settings

As for Admin issues. That comes down to your system and however you need to make it work. Windows updates and makes changes…. so things like Defender and UAC and Admin restrictions make things difficult.

Up to you how you want to set all of that. Myself, I don’t use Defender / anti-virus / uac at all and don’t need to run as admin…. but not everyone wants to do that.

scampa123
                                  Participant
                                    @scampa123

Thanks Terry!

im going to be checking AV and resetting UAC as I think that is causing permission problems between DOFLinx and FP.  I’ll check the other things you point out but I’ve been going through all of that and suspect those settings are all fine.  Other pups/tables are all working fine right now. I’m hoping it’s just an AV and UAC issue…

thanks again!

scampa123
                                    Participant
                                      @scampa123

Okay I got much closer by turning off the real time scans… it started playing so I setup sone other PinEvent tables and added to PinupPopper.

as I tried different tables I got a MS exception that kills DOFLinx again.

I put my configs and logs in the DOF forum.  Hopefully we can figure this out as I’m mostly working now!  Very exciting!

here is the link to the other forum post on the DOF issues:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/doflinx-and-bam-permissions-issues/

thank you again!

scampa123
                                      Participant
                                        @scampa123

I seem to be getting BAM crashes when I try to run this table and your Halloween Big Bloody Mike.  The crash log doesn’t tell me much, I’m wondering if they mean anything to you.  I’ve attached.

I also attached my Pinup Launch and Close scripts which are pretty much yours except for maybe in the close (I added to make sure FutureDMD is closed if opened)…I’m wondering if there is an issue with these.

I also included the game settings pic for the SW game, but I used these same options for all your PinEvent games…hopefully that was correct!

Let me know if you think something looks incorrect.

Thanks!!

IMG_8415

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

If you have BAM crashes with this table and BBB… then something on your system is either not up to date, or setup right,etc.

Make sure you have:

• latest gpu drivers
                                          • latest audio drivers
                                          • latest mb drivers
                                          • latest BAM installed (you may need a clean install of BAM, backup just in case)
                                          • all Visual C++ updates for every year installed
                                          • direct X installed / updated
                                          • motherboard gpu disabled
                                          • future pinball settings are the same as what I show in my guide

Those are the most common solutions for people having BAM problems.

Those two specific tables use newer features similar to some AAA PC games… so its important that your system be up to date, and you have a decent GPU.

As for DOFLinx… make sure you have it not running while trying these tables if you are getting crashes with it. If you are using the “HOLD ACTIVATION” command, that will cause crashes so it’s not to be used anymore. There are newer commands you can use (detailed in the PinEvent Install Guide).

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          scampa123
                                          Participant
                                            @scampa123

Thanks Terry,

I’ll look into sone of this, most was covered when I followed your guide:

1.latest gpu drivers…Yes.

2. latest audio drivers…I’ll check this

3. latest mb drivers…I’ll check

4.  latest BAM installed (you may need a clean install of BAM, backup just in case) – this was a new install

5. all Visual C++ updates for every year installed – Per your guide…yes

5. direct X installed / updated – I’ll need to check this

6. motherboard gpu disabled – I’ll check this

7. future pinball settings are the same as what I show in my guide – yes per guide and your zip files

I’m running a gtx2060, so I think that’s pretty good

DOFLinx is either not running when I try outside of Popper, else the launch script in Popper is taking care of that already…

thanks again!

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 135 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?