Twilight Zone Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Skitso
    Participant
      @skitso

Thanks for stopping by nFozzy! :D

Skitso
      Participant
        @skitso

It seems that if you change sw56 to TriggerWireA from TriggerStar it works correctly. 

Thanks for the sound fixes. About the gumball issue:

Nope. It’s just rare… but still happens. I think we just need to wait for nFozzy to fix it.  :-)

I’ve sent him the latest version of the table. Let’s see what happens.

Skitso
        Participant
          @skitso

Sorry for triple posting, but after further investigating the POV settings, it seems to be the layback value that messes with the table physics. Just changing that seems to affect the plunger sweet spot. (at least, haven’t tested other physics)

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Skitso:  So as promised I had some time today so as per your last post I’ve experimented with the plunger so with your layback setting of 40, I tested the plunger to see exactly where I would have to set it to plunge slowly into the hole.  I then adjusted the layback from the 40 to 55, loaded the table, started the game, pulled the plunger (I have a real plunger installed) at the same spot as before and… got the exact same result.  Tried it a couple of more times and I don’t find the physics any different.

This isn’t to say you are imagining things, just that on my pc, everything seems to work the same with latest VP10.5 final, installed via the all-in-one that I think came from VPF.   The only thing upgraded from there is the latest VPM from VPUniverse.

edit: it would be really cool if others could give this a try, Skitso has put a lot of time into this so would be cool for others to confirm this, if anything so that we can let the VP devs know they need to look for a bug in the layback/physics code.

chris
            Participant
              @sting932003

when i start up the version 1.2 on vpinball 10 it just crashes, the previous versions are ok, is there something missing? :scratch:

Skitso
              Participant
                @skitso

@theloafer: Hmmm, that’s strange as I can replicate the issue easily. With layback set to 40, I need to pull the plunger down to the second white triangle to get the yellow skillshot, while setting the layback to 55, I need to pull it down to the third white triangle to get the same results.

It actually doesn’t seem to change table physics though, as if I alter the table slope to compensate the layback 40 setting (to be able to pull the plunger as much as with layback se to 55) the table feels way too steep. So for me it actually seems to just alter the plunger, which is a complete non-issue to be frank, and isn’t tied to the original and real issue that is the gumball machine jam. For additional info, I’m using dualshock 4 controller. (I dont’t have a cabinet, just playing with my gaming PC and a 27″ 165hz gaming monitor in FS portrait mode).

Draifet
                Participant
                  @draifet

I’m using my own FOV (I always do cause i have windows 10 on portrait mode), but I can’t see any differences on physics changing the layback of the table, I played more games and still no balls stuck on thee gumball machine. Wich option are u using on the script for the random powerball? I’m using the 7 = random gumball, have u tried to use a fixed position for it?

Skitso
                  Participant
                    @skitso

The default setting, 7 if I remember correctly…

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

@theloafer: Hmmm, that’s strange as I can replicate the issue easily. With layback set to 40, I need to pull the plunger down to the second white triangle to get the yellow skillshot, while setting the layback to 55, I need to pull it down to the third white triangle to get the same results.

It actually doesn’t seem to change table physics though, as if I alter the table slope to compensate the layback 40 setting (to be able to pull the plunger as much as with layback se to 55) the table feels way too steep. So for me it actually seems to just alter the plunger, which is a complete non-issue to be frank, and isn’t tied to the original and real issue that is the gumball machine jam. For additional info, I’m using dualshock 4 controller. (I dont’t have a cabinet, just playing with my gaming PC and a 27″ 165hz gaming monitor in FS portrait mode).

Just a thought:

You are using the triangles to set the right strength for the plunger. The triangles are higher then the tip of the rod. Could it be a parallax problem with the higher layback value so you are actually pulling the plunger to the same spot but it just looks different?

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      Skitso
                      Participant
                        @skitso

Just a thought:

You are using the triangles to set the right strength for the plunger. The triangles are higher then the tip of the rod. Could it be a parallax problem with the higher layback value so you are actually pulling the plunger to the same spot but it just looks different?

Now that you put it that way… it’s more than probable. :D Thanks, didn’t think of that!

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

Groovy!  We can now lay that one down to rest :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          blackvulcan3
                          Participant
                            @blackvulcan3

Lovely table, great work. I saw a mention from Thalamus early in the thread about SSF? Was this on the horizon?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

@blackvulcan3 : Let’s see what happens when nFozzy returns the table. Table already has SSF. Looking closer, I see that there are some more stuff that could be done to improve, but, now isn’t the right time to try to add that :)

blackvulcan3
                              Participant
                                @blackvulcan3

No worries, thanks Thalamus. Really nice improvements to the table so far, excited to see the end result.

Skitso
                                Participant
                                  @skitso

Version 1.5 released

Changes:

• nFozzy has fixed the gumball machine once and for all! (The gumball machine rescripted to use the proper motor solenoid and not the fake kickout solenoid that it had before)
                                  • nFozzy also added clock sfx and other small script improvements
                                  • Improved slot machine shadow and lighting
                                  • Improved camera flashers

Thank you nFozzy for fixing the gumball machine. Finally one of my favorite tables is working as it should. :yahoo:

7 users thanked author for this post.
                                  The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

Yay!  Thanks nfozzy and skitso (and all others who worked hard trying to identify the issue!)

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

Holy Guys :-)  … thanks, thank you nFozzy ! :good:
                                      Sorry, that is only the “Word” Thank you – could be some Beers for you today, for sure.
                                      Of Course, also thanks again Skitso, and ninuzzu again too :rose:

Schreibi34
                                      Participant
                                        @schreibi34

Thank god it’s over!

Big thanks to Nfozzy!

Also a big thanks to ninuzzu and Skitso for an excellent table!

Additional thanks to the cast of the hilarious sitcom “Gumball – Tale of the triangles” Starring Schreibi34 as the “Senseless Hurler”!  :unsure:

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

HUGE thanks to you nFuzzy and of course to you to Skitso for continued improvements ! :rose:

Skitso
                                          Participant
                                            @skitso

I have re-uploaded the version 1.5. The table now also includes the original plastics textures and my new PF texture without baked shadows for preservation purposes. Some day VPX might support dynamic shadow system and for that reason it’s good to have the original textures around.

The download file size is a bit larger, hope you guys don’t mind. If you’ve already downloaded 1.5, there’s no other reason to re-download it than to preserve the original textures for future community use. (Thanks Thalamus for the tip)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 241 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?