Twilight Zone Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Uh. I read wrong. Z-offset is fine. If you did something wrong we should have noticed it by now. I have vague memories from Ninuzzu’ release having the same problem for me.

I can’t see anything else than improvements.

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

So is Z-offset also something that should not be touched? I though it’s only the Z-scale that screws things up.

If that’s the case and the cause of all this gumball machine hassle, I’m so sorry. People have put hours into bug hunting for nothing. :cry:

I never ruined a table with Z-Offset! But i did with Z-Scale!

Skitso
        Participant
          @skitso

Yeah ok, but how can the gameplay change if I change POV settings (outside of Z-scale)?? Could anyone confirm my findings?

Thalamus
            @thalamus

I see what foofoorabbit is claiming and I hear what you are saying. Personally. I’ve often changed POV almost right away after downloading. If that has changed the gameplay, then there surely more than a few tables where I’ve changed from what the author wanted me to experience. I will compare these two now, and make my own mind up on the matter. But, I would also like to know what exactly you think has changed ?!

Skitso
            Participant
              @skitso

It’s easy to notice when launching the ball. The skill shot sweet spot for the launch power (for ball to reach red zone but not in the hole) is much lower in my version than in the ninuzzus version.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

So, we’re only talking about the plunger ?

Schreibi34
                Participant
                  @schreibi34

I have no idea! Are you sure you didn’t change the physics in your mod? Is any sort of standard physics override activated in one of those tables?

Skitso
                  Participant
                    @skitso

It easiest to see with the plunger, but I’m pretty sure the gameplay feels different all the time. I double checked script, physics and difficulty (slope) settings and they are all identical with the original.

EDIT: And I didn’t need to revert anything but the POV settings back to get original ninuzzu gameplay.

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

how did you revert to original POV?  Did you use import/export?  If yes, maybe it is a bug which ends up affecting the Z scale when it should not.  Really, that’s the only thing I can think of.

Something to consider, I think I had adjusted slightly the camera angle and resaved locally, so maybe that’s why I didn’t have the issue originally while others did?  Out of curiosity Skitso, to confirm you are using the VP10.5 final, correct?

Skitso
                      Participant
                        @skitso

I changed values manually in the editor. I have the latest software.

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

Then I don’t get it…  Very bizarre.  If you go back and forth with the old and new POV settings on your table, you keep seeing the different plunger action?  I ask because after a while on my cab, I get different plunger performance but that’s because as the encoder nudging board (2nd generation from Noah) gets warmer, it affects both the nudging and the plunger.  So the timing is more to blame then switching settings.  Still I’m sure you would have noticed this, I’m just grasping at straws here.

Thanks for confirming latest versions, there’s gotta be a reason for this!

Skitso
                          Participant
                            @skitso

I’m not at home now, so I can’t do any further testing in a while. Have you guys tested changing different POV settings? Are you getting different ball behaviour?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

I will test these things later on. Just relax. I can’t see that is anything you’ve done. If there is some kind of bug, being how the table acts right now or if there is changes to gameplay because of POV changes. First we need to find a way to re-produce it. Then we have to explain our finding to anyone that can do some core dev work. Right now, the main devs are both on a well deserved break and we should respect that. Just gives us better time to make a better bug.

It is of course unfortunate that your hard work ends up in a table that sometimes just gives up on you. :rose:

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

I will be able to try it out and test the POV settings tomorrow as I will be off work

Schreibi34
                                Participant
                                  @schreibi34

Hey @Thalamus, could you try and sub the star target with a gate?

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Sure. Why not. At this moment I’m willing to try any odd thing out. And a gate – if that switch is a problem seems like a very good idea to try out. :good:

I ran quite a lot of rounds yesterday with debugger on ( you need debug.print – with quotes – debug.print “whatever”, example prev was without and would end up in error ) and I could not find anything odd. The last thing I saw was that the ball pass ejected – as expected from the gumballpoper to the switch on the other side ( right now – don’t remember the switch number – then it “locked up”). So I have a feeling we’re looking at the wrong place.

markrock76
                                    Participant
                                      @markrock76

It seems that if you change sw56 to TriggerWireA from TriggerStar it works correctly.  Ninuzzu’s table had it as TriggerwireA.  I tested a good bit and it no longer stuck for me where it was sticking quite often.  I even had a 1.5 billion game in the process.  Might I also suggest if you update to change in the script flipper sounds to have a fx_ in front and the RandomSoundRubber hit sounds to have a fx_ in the front so they will match the sound names in the table.

nFozzy
                                      Participant
                                        @nfozzy

Okay I think there are a lot of script fixes that didn’t make it in for whatever reason, the script I have has a lot of differences

I’ll take a look at it. I think I can remake the gumball machine so it isn’t so weird and jumpy too. The kicker arrangement was always weird and prone to bugs if I recall

7 users thanked author for this post.
                                        bord
                                          @bord
                                          MembervipContributorModerator

Okay I think there are a lot of script fixes that didn’t make it in for whatever reason, the script I have has a lot of differences

I’ll take a look at it. I think I can remake the gumball machine so it isn’t so weird and jumpy too. The kicker arrangement was always weird and prone to bugs if I recall

When @nFozzy is on the scene you know you are in good hands.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

While your on it nFozzy. For both random flipper and random rubber hit sounds, they don’t match the samples in the table. And, thank you so much for looking at the problem.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 241 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?