VP 10.6 Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    VONSENSEY
    Participant
      @vonsensey

HEllo. I have an issue with the latest version rev 3720 : no more bumpers on any table…Any idea ?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It’s been reported in the “offical” beta thread over at vpf already. Play with the second latest for now. It’s why we have betas. Things might get broken. B-)

slashbot
        Participant
          @slashbot

maybe i missed it in the threath but i detected some problem with this beta version, think these tables are not updated for the new VP beta, don’t know?

poppers dont work with these 2 tables:

Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Williams 1993)

OXO (Williams 1973) 2.0

coreduo0099
          Participant
            @coreduo0099

Ran across one of the tables with the shadow code.. Hi-Lo and as Bord said, disabling ScreenSpace cleared that up without touching the table script.

Thanks!

charlieshakur
            Participant
              @charlieshakur

how would i check what build i am currently on ??

ow apparently on revision 3592 i want to update but nervous it will mess it all up as everything works as far

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Start only VPX – then go to top of menu and I believe it is called “About” or something similar. All the way to the right like most programs.

Updating a beta to a higher number ? Here is what I do.

Download latest, extract it to somewhere – doesn’t matter. c:\temp or whatever. What I do is. I copy vpinballx.exe inside that archive to itself so I get the name “copy of vpinball.exe”. Since I use winrar – it is damn easy, it suggests to create the folder named the same as the zip as default. So VPX_6_beta_rev3723.zip becomes folder VPX_6_beta_rev3723. So, in top of explorer window I just copy the last part of the path. VPX_6_beta_rev3723 – and rename the “copy of pinballx.exe” so it becomes “VPX_6_beta_rev3723.exe”. Now it is time to take all the files and overwrite everything in \visual_pinball folder. What is the benefit ? Doing this, I can easy jump to any old VPX beta until I decided to delete them all because it has become the official one. What can go wrong ? scripts if updated could break. But, that is why we run betas and those are not updated very often. If I have a problem, well, download a older release here. and overwrite scripts from that archive.

fuzzel
                Participant
                  @fuzzel
                  VP DEV

maybe i missed it in the threath but i detected some problem with this beta version, think these tables are not updated for the new VP beta, don’t know?

poppers dont work with these 2 tables:

Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Williams 1993)

OXO (Williams 1973) 2.0

This was an issue in a previous build. Revision 3723 should fix this…

knightrider
                  Participant
                    @knightrdrx

i have the latest beta now and the Cyclone ball glows like the sun. i’m not sure what is unique about this table. i haven’t noticed on others yet.

Dazz
                    Participant
                      @dazz

I’m not quite sure where to ask this… I’m working on developing a real pinball machine and hoping to use Visual Pinball in the design process. Currently using the Mission Pinball Framework to develop the game which will eventually be running on P3-ROC. MPF can be setup to use as a controller from VPX.  I was just wondering if someone could integrate MPF.controller into the controller.vbs

https://missionpinball.org/2019/05/25/virtual-pinball-and-mpf.html

Attached is the demo table from MPF.  I have this table working in VP and communicating with MPF and have been using it as a starting template.  I think adding MPF as an additional controller it may allow us to run some more custom games in the future.  It may also get more developers interested in designing their game from within VP. I know it would make it easier on me, personally, as I could easily test my MPF code from VP.

Thanks

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Thanks @fuzzel as always for the work you guys put into vp!

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

vogliadicane
                        Participant
                          @vogliadicane

I had the problem with the new Time Warp (Bord) that the playfield looked much too dark. Because I was on an older beta rev I updated to ***.

Ok the problem for Time Warp was solved, but e.g. for TAF (g5k) I had the opposit, playfield much too bright (see image……….ok vpinball doesn’t like mine.)

I guess I could solve it for TAF by disable lighting for the playfield mesh. What would you suggest? Change it for all tables affected? Or consider it a bug and wait until VPX in this point is again backwards compatible? (yes, suggestive question B-)   )

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

maybe a known bug but latest beta will not notice script change and force save option on exit. learned this the hard way maybe a know issue? @fuzzel

for IOS and Android

Kingspian
                            Participant
                              @kingspian

So where do I put the Beta test? Separated or can I put it with the 10.5?

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

Do a backup And rename the VPinballX.exe file to VPinballX_10.5.exe and then put VP 10.6 over the top of it

fuzzel
                                Participant
                                  @fuzzel
                                  VP DEV

maybe a known bug but latest beta will not notice script change and force save option on exit. learned this the hard way maybe a know issue? @fuzzel

Is this still valid? I can’t repro this. Open the script editor do a simple change (hit enter or change a character) and I get the notification on exit/table close.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

It is randomly happening to me where I make a script change and don’t get the asterisk on top of editor window and ofcoarse won’t prompt for save. I’ll try a fresh install today and see if it still happens but if nobody else is seeing this it maybe just my setup…

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw
                                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

I have noticed this as well. Although I can’t say for certain it’s related to updating the script. I’ll keep an eye our for it and see if I can reproduce.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

LynnInDenver
                                      Participant
                                        @lynnindenver

I’ve noticed the same issue when I’ve loaded a POV, and even gone into edit camera mode, and it doesn’t flag things as changed. It’s become habit now to just save as soon as I’ve loaded a POV, or changed it.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

rgarriott
                                        Participant
                                          @rgarriott

So I need a little guidance.  I have currently been using beta 3660 for the last month or so.  With the release of Flubber and gangs awesome new Totan build, as per instructions I needed to update to beta 3751.  I downloaded as normal, carried all files over to my visual pinball folder and dropped.  I got the notification to overwrite existing files and i selected yes. Ok Good so far.

I opened vpx to load a table just to verify everything is good, table loads fine but I have no backglass.  I alt tab to see if the b2s somehow got moved behind the PF or something but the baskglass didnt ever start up.  I tried several different tables with the same result.

I did notice also that the b2s screenres had changed my values i had in there previously. In the screenres I placed the normal values back in and started a new table but still the backglass doesnt start up with the table.

Any one have a direction for me?  :scratch:

rgarriott
                                          Participant
                                            @rgarriott

So I need a little guidance.  I have currently been using beta 3660 for the last month or so.  With the release of Flubber and gangs awesome new Totan build, as per instructions I needed to update to beta 3751.  I downloaded as normal, carried all files over to my visual pinball folder and dropped.  I got the notification to overwrite existing files and i selected yes. Ok Good so far.

I opened vpx to load a table just to verify everything is good, table loads fine but I have no backglass.  I alt tab to see if the b2s somehow got moved behind the PF or something but the baskglass didnt ever start up.  I tried several different tables with the same result.

I did notice also that the b2s screenres had changed my values i had in there previously. In the screenres I placed the normal values back in and started a new table but still the backglass doesnt start up with the table.

Any one have a direction for me?  :scratch:

I took the bad situation i was in with no backglasses working with the newest beta and made good of it.  I decided to take the plunge into the world of pinup. Thanks @terryred and @nailbuster.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 143 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?