Whirlwind (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    walamab
    Participant
      @walamab
      MemberContributor

@dark – awesome…I thought I was going to have to add them :). Can I use this version for other updates? I need to roll in some changes from CK and some fixes I made my self in the script.

Thanks!

Walamab

Walamab
      Table Developer Wannabe and general arcade geek!

Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

Oh also I recommend you use the primitive flasher domes with tabs that Zany made:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10701

Keep up the good work!

3dcreation

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Why what did you say before? lol Any ways here’s the other ramp done now too:

Ummm… you don’t want to know :) kidding! I love when people chip in to improve stuff. The best people in this hobby is just amazing really

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

@dark – awesome…I thought I was going to have to add them :). Can I use this version for other updates? I need to roll in some changes from CK and some fixes I made my self in the script. Thanks! Walamab

You are welcome to do what ever you like with it.  :)

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
            TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

that’s due to the playfield material. Go to the material editor, select the playfield material, change clearcoat to RGB (0,0,0) —->this will “disable” the clearcoat layer

I think I need to take a VP class.

After playing around with the settings on a few tables this can really make a dramatic difference. I hope Assassin doesn’t mind me using one of his tables as an example but he has done an excellent recreation of Cosmic Gunfight that is a lot of fun to play. I thought the table looked good before but after the changes to the clearcoat layer doesn’t it look amazing?

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

Walamab, you have great taste in tables. First Firepower, and now Whirlwind. Keep up the good work!

Both scoops send the ball to the cellar kickout on the real game. Not sure if that’s what you were unclear about.

When ball exits left cellar, I’ve never seen it trigger the left sling in real life. Perhaps you can adjust the kickout angle so the left sling isn’t hit (?)

The ball shows OVER the apron when center draining.

When Extra ball target (mid upper center) is lit, no extra ball is scored upon hitting target. Or, extra ball is lit and center target has dropped, and remains dropped s that extra ball can’t be scored.

This is the case with many VP tables but I thought I’d mention it: Plunger strength is too high.

I’m not complaining, of course! I love your work. Just helping collect and communicate items for brush-up, which is what I’m sure you want.

Congrats on scoring some ramps from Dark. Awesome! Can’t wait to see them in place.

One of the best Williams tables from the best pinball manufacturer! :P

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Cant believe, how real is dark’s stuff – Looks like the real one Photos from eBay Part Sellers … awesome – crazy !
                  Thanks also walamab :good:

walamab
                  Participant
                    @walamab
                    MemberContributor

…Both scoops send the ball to the cellar kickout on the real game. Not sure if that’s what you were unclear about. When ball exits left cellar, I’ve never seen it trigger the left sling in real life. Perhaps you can adjust the kickout angle so the left sling isn’t hit (?) The ball shows OVER the apron when center draining. When Extra ball target (mid upper center) is lit, no extra ball is scored upon hitting target. Or, extra ball is lit and center target has dropped, and remains dropped s that extra ball can’t be scored. This is the case with many VP tables but I thought I’d mention it: Plunger strength is too high. I’m not complaining, of course! I love your work. Just helping collect and communicate items for brush-up, which is what I’m sure you want. Congrats on scoring some ramps from Dark. Awesome! Can’t wait to see them in place. One of the best Williams tables from the best pinball manufacturer! :P

I don’t view any of this as complaining. I’m glad you took the time to write up your observations. I’ve got the cellar thing all worked out in the next version. i’ll adjust the left kick out a bit so it doesn’t hit the sling shot. I didn’t know if the real one did that or not. I’ve also adjusted the plunger.

I also noticed the ball showing through the apron and fixed it in the next update. I may need to get some help with the drop targets both the triple and the single don’t act like they should consistently.  I’m experimenting with fixes for this one but nothing I’ve tried seems to help. I may just have to brute force the reset rather than depending on the solenoid call.

Thanks again for the notes and keep’em coming.

best regards,

Walamab

Walamab

walamab
                    Participant
                      @walamab
                      MemberContributor

So I figured out why the ball keeps jumping walls. The meshes for the wheels have a slight thickness and I forgot to turn off the “collidable” flag. They were apparently adding some Z velocity causing ball to jump with strong flipper shots. I have fixed this for the next update.

best regards,

Walamab

Walamab

walamab
                      Participant
                        @walamab
                        MemberContributor

I FINALLY fixed the drop targets :yahoo:  . It seems that as long as the target is down the switch for that target is closed (duh). Rather than pulsing the switch, I simply close it when the target drops and open it when the target is raised. Works like a charm.

This one was driving me nuts…

– Walamab

Walamab

Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

I think there’s a big difference between constructive criticism and complaining, complaining just bitches and moans about what people dislike without offering any alternatives, constructive criticism points out issues and offers ideas on what could be done differently to improve things.  All of Ben’s points observations from real game play so I think it’s safe to say his input is constructive. :)

I had a ball jump a wall to the left of the plastic ramp entrance on the left side of the table, I didn’t notice what flung it there but it could of been the whirlwind wheels adding some Z velocity as you say.

I was tempted to make a 3D mesh wireform ramp for you as well but I have to put my focus back on other projects,  perhaps you could look into how to generate wireform ramps using Future Pinball.  Naturally they won’t be as good as custom made ones but they are better than the default VP wireforms, you see a lot of authors use ramps generated from FP.  Once you have the skill down, it’s another tool in your arsenal and you’ll be able to make nice wireform ramps for all your future tables!

I’m looking forward to further refinements of this table,  I’ve always found this table to be a difficult one (lot’s of easy drains) but I’ve always loved the artwork and it really shines in this VPX update, more so it seems with each update!  B-)

3dcreation

walamab
                          Participant
                            @walamab
                            MemberContributor

Everyone,

Thanks for the great feedback. I think I’m going to be ready to post an update this afternoon. I’ve been testing my fix for the “wall” jumping issue for hours and hours and it seems to be worked out. I’ve also addressed all of the comments I’ve received as well as those AWESOME mesh ramps.

Best Regards,

Walamab

Walamab

walamab
                            Participant
                              @walamab
                              MemberContributor

I just uploaded v0.9.2. In my opinion it is MUCH better thanks to all the feedback I received. Thanks everyone!

If you find additional problems please let me know.

Best Regards,

Walamab

Walamab

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

Wall66 and 67 are missing a material.

Looking good.

-Mike

Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

Wall66 and 67 are missing a material. Looking good. -Mike

I was just going to mention that… I just made them invisible and it seems to look fine.

Walamab… looking really nice.  I think those ramps are a nice addition too.   :good:

Dark
                                    @dark
                                    vipMemberContributor

Sorry to report but I had the ball jump over the flipper plastics and could see it through the apron.

3dcreation

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

A couple other quick notes as I’m testing the beta table… Slingshot threshold is at 0… 2 or 3 might be a better setting so they don’t activate too easily.   Also, I have never played this real table, so I’m asking those who have… do the spin discs have more effect on the ball as it passes over, or is this pretty accurate?

walamab
                                      Participant
                                        @walamab
                                        MemberContributor

Fixed the material on those two walls in 0.9.3. Also adjusted the slingshot thresholds. As for the disks, I’ve thought they should have more effect but I’m not really sure how to accomplish this the only thing I can really control is the speed of the turntable object. I supposed I can bump it up another 50 and see if that works.

@Dark
                                        – I’m gonna have to spend some time on the wall jumping thing. Did your incident occur when the ball was coming down the left ramp?

Is it best just to make tall invisible walls to keep things contained? I’m looking for some advice from those more experienced with this type of problem.

Thanks for all the great feedback…keep it coming…

Best Regards,

Walamab

Walamab

walamab
                                        Participant
                                          @walamab
                                          MemberContributor

@Dark – Almost forgot to add that I tried my hand at the FP wire ramp. I was able to pull it into VP with some tweaking. I think the ramp looks ok but I think my textures are no so great it looks metal but not terribly shiny. I’ll included in the next update. Perhaps you or someone else can point me in the right direction to make it look a little better.

Thanks again for the pointer/suggestion.

Best Regards,

Walamab

Walamab

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

This table is really coming together.  :yahoo:

Just a random question. Did the table double in size from the last version?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 147 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?