World Cup Soccer (Bally 1994)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    knightrider
    Participant
      @knightrdrx
      You mean the ball goes directly between the flippers out of the scoop? That happens to me sometimes. frustrating. if this is a fix i’ll try it

A. I was getting alot of bounce-outs from the Final Draw scoop, which was fixed by changing elas. falloff to a lower value for the scoop and the surrounding rubber posts.

Mrfu
      Participant
        @mrfu

wath a genius you are! congratulations! thanks for make me happy :yahoo:

i love pinballs

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Using Version:1.2
          I had the ball get stuck in this location – Z scale is set to 1
          WORLD CUP SOCCER Ball Stuke

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Shake didn’t loosen it ?

Knorr
            Participant
              @knorr
              vipContributor

Using Version:1.2

I had the ball get stuck in this location – Z scale is set to 1

WORLD CUP SOCCER Ball Stuke

I’m pretty sure this is a collision bug or something. A forward bump should get the ball down. I will try to rebuild the skillshot in one part (now those are two because of the transparent plastic). A update is in the making….

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Shake didn’t loosen it ?

I have this nudging set up but it would not move the ball, I will see if I can repeat
                https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33287&page=3#entry413493

ccollomb
                Participant
                  @ccollomb

Read all the messages in the thread, and did not find any answer. I have the same issue as @crispyduck and @bruce. The ball gets locked 100% every time I launch a ball. Any idea what I should do?

Nudge freed the ball, but I tilt the machine every time when I do that

Found a fix! Changing all bsize2 = 24 in the script unblocked the ball!

Ben Logan2
                  Participant
                    @benlogan2

Knorr, Clark and company, this is one of the most beautiful looking tables in VR (I’m VR only at the moment, although I’m sure it looks equally amazing in cab and on desktop). The scale is awe inspiring. Such depth! Lighting is perfect. Great physics. Such fun! Thanks so much, guys! :D

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

I could go on and on about how great this table looks and plays. Clark and Knorr always make such a great team. For now, I’ll just say that the flippers look incredible. Especially in VR, I really get the sense I’m looking down through a layer of glass, into a real wooden box at actual flippers made of plastic and rubber. Just astounding.

portyman
                      Participant
                        @portyman

Can someone help me with the backglass. I cannot get it to come up. Im not a newbie and have changed scripts and have gotten all but 2 tables backglasses to work (800+ tables). This one eludes me.

I have tried

1. Changed the backglass file to another working one to make sure it wasn’t bad
                        2. Added the bs2 code to the script
                        3. Added BS2on = True in the script

None have worked.

Do I need to change the Controller.VBS? If so what.

Sorry its such a basic question, but I cannot get it to work.

thanks

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

This table has db2s code already working in it. If you’ve got that many tables that work with db2s. Then it is that you have a slight miss between the table name and the db2s file. I’m quite sure of that. What I use to make sure that the names are matching is that I right click the *.vpx, I go to the properties and copy the name – then I select the db2s file, right click, pick rename, then SHIFT + Insert and 4 backspaces and ENTER.

That way your eyes isn’t really the judge anymore ;)

portyman
                          Participant
                            @portyman

Thanks @thalamus for the confirmation of the dbs code.

I have figured it out. I actually had a corrupted backglass file.

Now I can get back to playing this awesome table. Its beautiful.

H2SO4JB
                            Participant
                              @h2so4jb

Thanks for this wonderful table!

I have problems with many balls bounce-outs from the TV Award scoop right out between the flippers, maybe every 5th time the ball gets there. I suspect this is a bug.

I see another user here wrote this: “fixed by changing elas…”
                              I don’t understand what that means. Is this something I can fix myself or do I have to wait for the next release? If I can fix it myself, what exactly should I change?

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

I don’t have the table right in front of me. But I have the script for 1.2 avail. Looking at the code, I expect that the kicker is bsTVPopper. You find the code for it around line 188. There is many ways to address this. I personally don’t want tables to not give me challenges – but, ok, here we go.

1) You can change the tables difficulty level on the right side under its options. Lower it and it will have less randomness. If the default kick isn’t making issues for you, then lowering it will fix it. If it is making it worse, well, then you can increase it.

2) As this is cvpmBallStack from core. You can add two properties to the kicker that will effect it via the script. On add this under ‘with bsTVPopper’ on line 188.

.KickForceVar 3

.KickAngleVar 3

What this does is that it gives the kicker a variation of “3” to the force, and a variation of 3 degrees to the angle. So it should not happen as often. Or, more often, you kind of have to try. You can also control the original angle that it shoots it with from

.InitKick sw45, 35, 100

The last I believe is the angle – 100 degrees. So, why isn’t it always kicking with exactly 100 degrees ? – Back to what I first metion. Table difficulty.

Hope this makes sense, and that I remember correctly.

H2SO4JB
                                Participant
                                  @h2so4jb

Of course, a table should contain challenges. But when the ball bounces out between the flippers at regular intervals after getting into the TV Award scoop, then there is no challenge. Then it is IMPOSSIBLE to do something about it, and it is not fun. It ruins the whole game. Don’t you agree?

I guess the idea is that a VPX table should emulate the real table as close as possible. I haven’t played this table in reality so I don’t know if the real table is behaving like this. If anyone knows, please confirm. It is interesting to know.

Anyway, I’ll test your solutions. Thanks!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Might be the wrong kicker though. Thinking about it – it has to be one with a angle over 180 – but, the solution is still valid. I most probably just picked the wrong kicker in the script ;)

H2SO4JB
                                    Participant
                                      @h2so4jb

Please, let me know now when you know the right kicker. I have no idea how this works.  :-)

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

I’ll go and fire the cab up and check.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

TVBallPopper starting at line 153. The rest I wrote is valid.

bsTV.InitKick TVBallPopper, 213, 10 <- change 213 to something else, that is the angle ( I had it all wrong above )

You can add …

bsTV.KickForceVar 3

bsTV.KickAngleVar 3

If you want to.

Ups. I picked the wrong class. I’ll have to look that up in core. But for a quick fix, the change of angle 213 and force 10 – should give you other trajectories. I’ll soon update the randomness with correct settings.

Ups2. No, I was correct – only that it should use a = sign.

bsTV.KickForceVar = 3

bsTV.KickAngleVar = 3

I tried 4 kicks from it and it didn’t go straight out so :)

H2SO4JB
                                          Participant
                                            @h2so4jb

Do you have the same script as me?
                                            When I search for “tvballpopper”, I find nothing in the whole script.

Namnlöst-1

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 207 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?