WoZ (Original 2018)

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Johngreve
    Participant
      @johngreve

Wow! The polish to this one since the last version has been very evident! Love it. Looks and plays great.

Love all the additions to the pup pack too. I haven’t been able to figure out how to add initials for high scores. I get the “add name” on my DMD but haven’t been able to get any initials to display when I press flipper or start buttons. Am I missing something ? Thanks for sharing! This is one awesome table!

jkp0317@gmail.com
      Participant
        @jkp0317gmail-com

Hello –

Maybe someone can help with why I would be getting these 2 errors on load?  B2s loads and UltraDMD and table load for sec and crash.

Thanks much!

WOZ Err1WOZ Err2

Joe Parker

elvinu
        Participant
          @elvinu

Game is great but the videos aren’t playing

I had a similar issue where I was getting some videos but not all of the ones I had with the previous version (I’m using a single screen btw).  For example, with this new version, I never got the “Game Over” video.

What I did wrong was I kept my old pup files (3 of ’em) from the previous version.  Once I ditched the old pup files and used the new ones that come with the updated pup videos, I now get all (I think all) videos playing including the Game Over video.

Not sure if this’ll fix your situation since you aren’t getting any videos.

I also have the issue with the semi-transparent background however.  I don’t know how to fix that.

dakarx
          Participant
            @dakarx

Awesome… that fixed the vids!

pixmanNewYork
            Participant
              @pixmannewyork

Excellent table. Looks absolutely amazing.

FYI – anyone who normally has the “Disable B2S” checked off in the Key, Nudge and DOF Preferences, you can add to the script the line:

Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”)

around line 217 (right after If Err Then MsgBox “Can’t open controller.vbs” in LoadCoreFiles)

in order to only activate it for this table.

Disable b2s is NOT checked. I get the controller i.0 not found error. i tried the script addition “Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”). It did not work. Table will not start.
              Next idea please?

dondi
              Participant
                @dondi

Great table… plays very well.

However, some of the videos play either 90 or 180 degrees out on the backglass. Extra ball, Bike_Late videos are rotated 90 degrees CW. Bike_Start plays upside down 180 degrees. Just ran through firing off random events in the PupEditor… all the the videos that do not play in the divided BG play at abnormal orientations. Outside of PuP they display properly

(BTW just using a 3 screen cabinet, PF, DMD and Backglass)

I have the same issue… certain videos are rotated. I have 3 screens + pin2DMD.

@dakarx
                ,  saw that you got it solved as per nailbuster’s link from outhere (@Bruce). Could you tell me what you did with that download and how you got yours to work? Thanks

dakarx
                Participant
                  @dakarx

Unzip them and overwrite the existing files…  that’s all there is to it.

dondi
                  Participant
                    @dondi

Unzip them and overwrite the existing files… that’s all there is to it.

Ok, I used those 3 files instead of the ones that came with this update. I lose my topper (but, I get the topper popup for multiball) and I am definitely missing videos. I don’t see the Ball Lock videos and game over… probably a lot more, but I just replaced the files and started playing.

dondi
                    Participant
                      @dondi

@dakarx and @Bruce (Outhere)…

Ok, I did battle and I think I won. I had the same issues as @dakarx did with a few videos being rotated in the latest PuP Pack. I went through the thread and downloaded the Nailbuster PUP files suggested in a previous post (files dated October 2019). Well, using Nailbuster’s PUP files, those 3 or 4 videos were in the correct orientation, However, there are a crap-ton of triggers and videos that were introduced with the latest PuP Pack. I went back and used Nailbuster’s Screen designation format as a template and re-wired the latest PuP Pack. My Topper is now back, all the videos are in the correct orientation and all is good. I attached the three PUP files (only two needed editing) as a ZIP for anyone else who comes along with the same issue.

Maybe someone can check my work, as I never did much of any PUP Pack editing before this (@EmBee).

elvinu
                      Participant
                        @elvinu

Fun table!  Thanks for the update.  Have a few questions though:

What do the following 3 files do, note that two of them are from the previous version?  I’m not sure if I should keep them or delete them:

WoZ (Original 2018).res

WoZ.pov

Woz_HiRes.pov

And I still have the semi-transparent playfield table from the previous version (can see Dorothy’s head from the background thru the table’s mid section).  Is this on purpose?

woz

TIA

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

For a desktop user I don’t believe you will use any of them files and for whatever reason when that game is in desktop that’s how it looks until they updated the game

elvinu
                          Participant
                            @elvinu

For a desktop user I don’t believe you will use any of them files and for whatever reason when that game is in desktop that’s how it looks until they updated the game

OK, thanks!  I’ll ditch those files.  The semi-transparency isn’t too bad.  Thought there might’ve been a chance it was on purpose  ;p

elvinu
                            Participant
                              @elvinu

I was just thinking, is there a way I can get access to the image that’s behind the playfield, as a bmp, png, jpg, etc.  I’ve never built a table so I’m unfamiliar with creation aspects of VPX.

If I can drag that image into photoshop, I can black out the trapezoid area behind the playfield so it won’t appear to be semi-transparent anymore.

However, if it’s the same image that I’m using in my upper right corner video area, I’d need to make a duplicate so the image used in the upper right can remain unchanged.

TIA

elvinu
                              Participant
                                @elvinu

I was just thinking, is there a way I can get access to the image that’s behind the playfield, as a bmp, png, jpg, etc.  I’ve never built a table so I’m unfamiliar with creation aspects of VPX.

I found how to turn the backglass image off and set the background color to pure black: 0,0,0.  This isn’t too bad of a way to ditch the semi-transparency:

Oz adjusted

Anonymous

i just downloaded the install files but im lost as to where to put them all. please help

darthwhat
                                  Participant
                                    @darthwhat

Anyone know why my dmd is not in color?

IMG_1858

Tedage
                                    Participant
                                      @tedage

Hi, I’m running my table in portrait mode and was wondering if there was a way to rotate the two scores boxes by 90 degrees so that they are not sideways and place them at the bottom of the table (as per screenshot)?

Great table BTW

Thanks

WOZ Portrait table

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

You should have a look at what JPSalas does for his DT tables. If memory serves me right he creates flashers that he attaches the dmd to.

darthwhat
                                        Participant
                                          @darthwhat

Anyone know why my dmd is not in color?

IMG_1858

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

This table uses UltraDMD as well as PUP.  the ultraDMD DMD is monochrome I think so that’s maybe normal?  I have a real DMD and the ultradmd uses that and of course that’s monochrome too.  The Pup may support Color dmd through pup itself, I have no idea. If it does then you would need to select the proper 3rd screen for the display to be used.  That’s all I got, I’m a two screen user with a real DMD so it works fine as is for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 270 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?