Capersville (Bally 1966)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Scott – you are just evil !!

50,000 to get a HS ?! Hmm. :heart:

I’m sure a find a way to reset it back though … yeah – I know. Its a beta testing thing :)

I love this table !

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Update sounds like it has as many options as you could want. Very interested in checking this out. Thank you!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

What you can’t score 50,000 on Capersville???  A deaf, dumb and blind kid could do that!

Oh wait only a deaf, dumb and blind kid could do that…

Uncomment lines 141 to 144 (remove the ‘ before each line), run the table and then re-comment them (add the ‘ before each line) and that should fix that score issue.  A new version with lower default scores is now on this site.

What do you think about the ability to play the table in either English or German?  That took quite a while to get working correctly but this opens up a lot of possibilities in VP.  For example you could use this technique to bundle both the 2 and 4 player versions of EM’s in a single table.  Just go to the “Options” menu and select “Sea Ray” for 2 player of “Mariner” for 4 player without ever having to leave the table for your front end software.

The biggest problem that I see to this is that I’ve been told that primitives cannot show reflections so the secondary playfield will not show reflections like the actual playfield does.  Maybe this feature could be added into the next version of VP along with integrated backglasses.  :yes:   :yes:   :yes:

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

It’s fixed … table plays differently so it was only correct to reset.

11,888 is my new one. Harder to get into Code Zapper Caper.

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

I played about 100 games on EM machines this weekend and I was impressed with the fact that the EM tables that I’ve made play WAY too fast.  I decreased the table slope and toned down the strength of the bumpers to help make the tables play a little more like what I experienced this weekend.  I left the flippers fairly strong since there seems to be a wide variation between EM machines in their flipper strength.  I suppose this has to do with coil degradation.

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

Those old machines can be really “floaty” sometimes… but can still be very difficult.    :wacko:

Jesperpark
                Participant
                  @jesperpark

Looks great, I love the colors of this table.  I like the bilingual option, not that I speak German, I just like the creativity and thought of everyone to pull this off, and the desire to easily include other languages in the table.

kds70
                  Participant
                    @kds70

Thanks for this update of your amazing table release :yahoo:

Are there any DOF Calls missing or wrong ? Bumpers aren´t activated via DOF anymore …  :cry:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Thanks I really like this table’s ability to seamlessly switch between two completely different tables via the option menu.

Great pick up on the bumper contactors!   I never touched the code for those but for some reason the DOF calls were switched in three lines in the Bumper Sub so that DOF 104 changed to 1104.   Weird but now fixed, new version uploaded.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

ummm where the directb2s go?

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

Thanks for the fix and reupload; now the new b2s backglas is missing in the zip ; sorry Scottacus :mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

No problem, not enough caffeine on board yet so I missed the bundle when I fixed the script.  Both are now together in the zip, thanks for letting me know!

As I think more about VP, in addition to making primitives have reflections it would be great if the playfield image could be changed out in the script.  That would save making a primitive playfield in the first place.

Jopp
                            Participant
                              @joppnl

Thank you for th update, lovely table and it looks so good!!

I noticed this, minor thing….when in the options menu (left flipper on start) I turn off the chimes they are on and when in the menu on they are off.
                              And…when the are on (so off in the menu) they sound very soft (not loud enough compared to the flipper sound).

But just a minor thing…. (using SSF)

Then…about the

Sea Ray Super Bonus Caper

when I read the original Capersville instruction the special can be set on a real machine to be the value of 5,6,7 or 8.

Here…am I right to see in lines 1286 and 1287 that the value is 5 AND 9?

So…is there an E.B. when this values are reached with the ‘super bopnus computer’??

Thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
                              Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Attachments:
                              Micronaut
                              Participant
                                @micronaut

nice table, thanks.
                                this is a wonder rescued from the 60s,
                                I have an error: the right bumper wall (I mean the wall that is above the right flipper) does not work, what can I do to make it work?

Scottacus
                                Participant
                                  @scottacus
                                  MembervipContributor

Glad you guys like the table!

Jopp – The chime unit setting is to turn a real chime unit on and off in the code.  If you don’t have a chime unit leave this set to off.  I put this in because my chime unit is really loud and my wife can hear it through the floor so with this I can play at night and not have to mess with DOF.

The only instruction manual that I have access to is in German and I can’t read it so if you have access to an English version please send me a copy.  You have the correct section of code for setting the special payout which is a replay not extra ball.  I believe I set this at 5 and 9 because that is what I saw on an old VP9 exe table.  The extra ball/replay setting is for the point total goals.

Micronaut – Capersville is a little different in that there is no kicker on the right slingshot so what you are seeing is what the original table did.  To tell you the truth I’m glad that there is only a kicker on the left sling because in many of these EM games you can end up with the ball cycling between the slings and if you don’t nudge the table the ball will end up going up and over the top of the slings into a side drain!

Scottacus
                                  Participant
                                    @scottacus
                                    MembervipContributor

It never ceases to amaze me, you can work on a table for a month and still miss things!  PsychoSonic messaged me about going for 20k tonight so I thought I’ll play a few games.  I’m staring at the playfield on Ball 1 and I see that only one of the Mushroom Posts is black metal, the others are all black rubber (grey).  New version uploaded if things like this bug you…

Jopp
                                    Participant
                                      @joppnl

@Scottacus,

Thanks for your explanation.

done some ‘research’ on how the Sea Ray Super Bonus Caper (SRSBC) is working and this is what I found out by reading rulesheets and reading the schematics:

Inside the machine (I guess in the head) there are 4 wires for the SRSBC.

These wires can be connected to the number 5,6,7 or 8 of the SRSBC wheel. So…the minimum is that you do not connect any of these 4 wires to 5 6 7 8, the maximum is that you connect all 4 wires to 5 6 7 and 8 of the SRSBC but any combination (so 0 to 4 wires and 5,6,7 and/or 8) are possible.

When the wheel reaches the number (5 6 7 8) where a wire is connected to it can either give a free play OR it can give points determined bij the Code Symbol is on the Code Zapper wheel at that moment (so, Triangle = 100 points.  Circle = 300 points and a Square = 500 points).

Well….it won’t affect gameplay like it is working now but if you want to be it as accurate as possible…this is how it’s working on a real Capersville.

Thanks for your work on this beauty  :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                                      Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Attachments:
                                      bord
                                        @bord
                                        MembervipContributorModerator

Looking and playing great, Scott. Thanks for all the work to bring this treat to life. Easily in my top 5 EMs.

Scottacus
                                        Participant
                                          @scottacus
                                          MembervipContributor

Hey Jopp, thanks for pointing that section of the schematic out.  You are absolutely right about the adjustments so if you want to modify your table to reflect this, then change the section of the script that handles the SeaRayLights.  You can change the values in lines 1286 and 1287 to whatever values you want (5-8).  If you want to put the machine in novelty mode you can replace the call to the Special subroutine with a call to AddScore and feed it the CodeZapper value (100,300,500).

Scottacus
                                          Participant
                                            @scottacus
                                            MembervipContributor

New version 3.2.6 uploaded that incorporates Jopp’s detective work into how the SeaRay circuit actually works.  You can comment or uncomment sections of script to set the payout for the Sea Ray to either Special or Novelty modes.  Special pays out specials and Novelty pays out the value of the Code Zapper reel.  You can also control how many Sea Ray’s are needed to pay out (any combination of 5-8).  The instruction cards on the table have been redrawn for payout of specials at 5 and 8 Sea Rays.

I also fixed the sound management for the reels.

5 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 117 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?