Jive Time (Williams 1970)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Go to the sound manager and play different samples.  See if any of them cut out when playing them there.

This is an EM table so VPINMAME definitely is not your issue.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

WED21
      Participant
        @wed21

I used audacity for some of the sound samples on this table. Specifically, the bells, the spinner, and the motor running. The exported file are at 48000 HZ (is it HZ or something else … if you can’t tell I’m a bit of an amateur at the sound stuff) . Don’t know if that should be something different. Which sounds are cutting out?

This may be the cause of missing sounds for some people. I did the same thing to all my sounds a few tables I released and they were 32bit WAV files and people were saying they weren’t playing. What I found were that some cards, especially older ones, could only play 16bit and lower. I’m gonna bet the ones he’s missing are the ones you redid. If they are, just re do them down to 16bit.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Ah crap. Now that you mention it – I knew this. Sigh … getting old.

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw

I exported them as 16-bit but looking through the files they are either 48000 Hz or 44100 Hz.  Any ideas?

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw

I also think that unless I get specific sound samples that aren’t working, I’m not going to redo all the sound samples taking a stab in the dark.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

This obviously doesn’t happen to most people so imo. wait, see what happens to the sound test you asked for. We should maybe make a note about this in the wiki so we remember the outcome – or is it only me that needs reminders ? ;-)

Jesperpark
                Participant
                  @jesperpark

This obviously doesn’t happen to most people so imo. wait, see what happens to the sound test you asked for. We should maybe make a note about this in the wiki so we remember the outcome – or is it only me that needs reminders ? ;-)

I use the Wiki all the time, sadly more than once for the same problem.  Nothing beats thinking wait I used to know this answer :wacko:

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

all the ones I’ve done are 16-bit 44100 Hz as far as I know, not had any complaints.  Not saying that’s the problem though, just my experience.

Micronaut
                    Participant
                      @micronaut

good work friends, looks and plays very well,like it,only a one question:
                      in the download files there is a “jive time.pov”, (?), which is the”.pov”file, what is it for and in what folder should it be installed?

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

@micronaut : You should probably read this article http://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

That is all about changing you POV. It is a export done for a table that has some shared settings that you might want to try … or not.

Just open the table … go to file -> import … and the only option there is for importing a pov at the moment. Then import the POV file. No play the table. If you like how it is looking. Remember to file -> save and your done. It will look the same next time. If you don’t like it. Simply don’t save the table.

You can of course use the technique I mentioned in the start. If you want to share … File -> export -> … uh – don’t remember the exact wording. There are 3 different options, one is for POV.

Give it a filename and now you can share you’re POV file like it was done in the table archive.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Micronaut
                        Participant
                          @micronaut

@Thalamus : ah!, well, now I understand thank you very much friend for your answer, visual pinball is improving with each new update taking big steps

rothbauerw
                            @rothbauerw

Thalamus has it mostly right.  This files contains the default pov settings.  So if you change your pov setting and need to revert to the original settings, you can import this file.  No need for doing anything with it if you don’t mess with the light/camera settings.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Ah … well, it looked perfect from the start so why would I use it ? :)

Perfect case for Micronaut though. Now he can play around as much as he wants. Backup is already supplied.

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw

Updated to version 1.1

• Upped the kicker hit accuracy to eliminate the vp kicker bug
                                • Adjusted the kicker variability to slightly increase difficulty
                                • Adjusted the wiper on the B2S Spinner to better align the arrow with the award scored
                                • Add borgdog’s animated bumper skirts (these are cool)
                                • Updated lamp post lighting to look more natural
                                • Fixed a couple of sound samples (the 10 point bell had ball rolling sounds in it … and I thought there was something wrong with the ball rolling script)
                                • A couple of very minor physics updates

7 users thanked author for this post.
                                Ben Logan2
                                Participant
                                  @benlogan2

Great table, rothbauerw and team. I especially like the way the ball swirls around the kicker as with Flash. Lighting looks really great on this. Backglass is awesome too.

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

If i hit a Bumper, the Animation also starts at other Bumpers … :unsure:

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Man awesome job Roth and team. Very fun table. :)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

@Stat : I’ve asked that already earlier in the thread …

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/jive-time-williams-1970-2/#post-73574’

STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

Uh yes, sorry Guys, i am very busy now with my Job and more …  :bye:

Also (why ?) i have seen this with the Bumpers very late  :whistle:

MisterB
                                          Participant
                                            @wz66h1

Its’ me again with the sound cutting out and in problem.  I’ve noticed that after launching the ball when it makes contact with the first pop bumper, it immediately cuts out and comes back a few seconds later.  It also cuts out when landing in the spin hole, but you do hear the spinner and if you land on bonus it will cut out when the bonus counts down.  Just bouncing around the table and not hitting the pop bumpers or the spin hole the sound is ok.  The only other table I could find at the moment was a VP9 version of Paradise that will lose the sound, but not as frequently.  I did update the table with the later version, but no help.  Running VPX 10.4 (latest) and VPinmame 3.0.  I don’t think it’s an issue with the tables, but just wondered if anybody else has experienced this.  Only happens on the EM’s, but only a few.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?