Centigrade 37 (Gottlieb 1977)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

Chimes is probably for a real chime unit.  If it is set to “Chimes on” then the chime unit functions, if it is “Chimes off” the chime sound file is used.

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Chimes is probably for a real chime unit. If it is set to “Chimes on” then the chime unit functions, if it is “Chimes off” the chime sound file is used.

@scottacus
        is right, chimes on = DOF chimes on. The menu even signals which is on/off. Cycling through the menu hits a DOF chime or a SFX chime.

Lighthouse
        Participant
          @lighthouse

Honestly I can not understand, I can only say that in my cabinet Chimes on = no chime sounds and for this reason I said it, but if that’s fine, then perfect and Thanks again for the table.

Surely it would have been better to put in the menu:
          DOF chimes on and Off  :yes:

:good:

markrock76
          Participant
            @markrock76

This is one helluva good looking and playing upgrade.  To think we might soon have a Pinbot at this quality is exciting. :good:

Draifet
            Participant
              @draifet

When te table lights up is a wow! moment. Super nice upgrade, thanks.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              clinkyri1
              Participant
                @clinkyri1

Gorgeous work! Thank you!

Micronaut
                Participant
                  @micronaut

it`s a nice surprise  :yahoo:
                  the lighting and the physics are very well made  :good:
                  this is a great classic EM gottlieb very funny, :heart:
                  Thanks Bord and the team involved, very appreciable your great creations and your good choice in the tables created  :bye:

robertms
                  Participant
                    @mophead

Wow Bord, just WOW! And I thought the previous one was pretty great, but this one.. WOW. Just gorgeous and so satisfying.. Damn man, you’re getting really, really good at this VP thing  :good: Thank you so much for perfecting these already great recreations, the upgrades are very much appreciated.

tbx59
                    Participant
                      @tbx59

I really like this table – the lighting of it, the way it plays, the high score masking tape that keeps me coming back to get a better score.

Thank you.

GuruChoc
                      Participant
                        @guruchoc

How do I reset the high score thanks ?

G

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Probably the last tip in this guide. https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – or it might be just a simple text file too.

GuruChoc
                          Participant
                            @guruchoc

Probably the last tip in this guide. https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – or it might be just a simple text file too.

I checked for a text file, wasn’t one. I found that page but assumed since nothing is written to NVRAM or the .cfg because it is an EM machine there wasn’t a registry entry, I’ll check that later though when I get back from work, ta for the clues.

G

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

It if it is not in a text file – then you probably need to download that program I’m talking about – run it and you will be able to edit or delete the score.

Scottacus
                              Participant
                                @scottacus
                                MembervipContributor

It is probably one of those older VP binary files for scores that can’t be edited short of doing it through the script.  You’ll have to find the variable for high score that is read from the file and set it to something in the script  that is low enough for you to beat and then remove the code you added to set it low.  I’m not near my cab but can look into the script later and tell you what to add if you are that interested.

jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

it is located in the USER folder in the root of the visual pinball folder.

EDIT – That may have been the vp9 version… let me verify.

EDIT – yep, that was the vp9 version that saved it to the user folder. last update was in 2015. So not sure where this one is saved.

EDIT  – So looks like it writes to the VPReg.stg file in the users folder. not sure how to change that information safely.

Scottacus
                                  Participant
                                    @scottacus
                                    MembervipContributor

Open the script and take a look at line 119 that says “load hs”.  That is the command to load the binary high score file.  Now look above to line 98, that sets a value of 22,420 as a default value high score if the game has not been played and a score higher than that has been scored.

To blank out the current high score and reset it to 22,240

1. Put a ‘ before “load hs” on line 119 so that it reads ‘ load hs.  This ‘ character tells VB that what follows is a comment and that anything that follows the ‘ should be disregarded.
                                    2. Run table and you should see 22,240 and DOG (probably because BorgDog is the table author) on the high score tape.
                                    3. Quit the game and remove the ‘ from before load hs.   Now the high score file has been over written with these default values.
                                    4. If 22,240 is too high, just change the value on line 98 to something lower before adding the ‘.
                                    jbg4208
                                    Participant
                                      @jbg4208

Wow… didnt even see that. Im def not a script person. (insert face palm emoji)

Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

No worries, this is how we can learn new things.  If you look way down in the script you can see that loadshs is a subroutine that loads the binary file C37 and there should also be a savehs (or something like that) that writes the C37 file.

I used to use this system on the first EMs that I made but I switched to a different method that writes to text files in the user folder.  These are easier to work with should you make changes in the read subs.  You can easily find the text file, delete it and let your tables write a new one based upon defaults.  This can prevent errors should the read sub not find what it expects to find in the file.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Why not use the exe fhat I’m talking about – it has a gui to list the tables with. You can edit and even delete the table from the VPReg.stg.

Put this file by Destruk https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=21786 – into the users folder ( recommended  – can be anywhere ) and run it.  Done. Only takes time the first time around – downloading it. Editing script – setting lower value, start table etc. Takes ages compared. Afraid of your scores ? Take a backup of the file before you try it the first time. I’ve never had issues with that program. First time I used it was on Sliderpoints old TAF. He asked for options the first time you ran it and the answer stuck. At that time I was clueless how to get that dialog box back to change my answer, so, I used the exe to delete the entry for TAF.

GuruChoc
                                          Participant
                                            @guruchoc

Why not use the exe fhat I’m talking about – it has a gui to list the tables with. You can edit and even delete the table from the VPReg.stg.

Put this file by Destruk https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=21786 – into the users folder ( recommended – can be anywhere ) and run it. Done. Only takes time the first time around – downloading it. Editing script – setting lower value, start table etc. Takes ages compared. Afraid of your scores ? Take a backup of the file before you try it the first time. I’ve never had issues with that program. First time I used it was on Sliderpoints old TAF. He asked for options the first time you ran it and the answer stuck. At that time I was clueless how to get that dialog box back to change my answer, so, I used the exe to delete the entry for TAF.

Worked like a charm, thanks a lot.

G

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 111 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?