Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    mwong168
    Participant
      @mwong168

Thanks for all your hard work and effort in making this awesome recreation wrd.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

thanks WRD for your continued work on this one. i bet its even better then it was which is not easy to do

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Draifet
        Participant
          @draifet

Updated today? I don’t see any changes on the changelog.

wrd1972
          Participant
            @wrd1972
            MembervipContributor

I updated the description for the table only. Seems that when you do only this, it bumps the table to the top of the recent upload list. No changes were made to the table. Sorry for the confusion.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
            TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Thanks for all of your hard work wrd. Fantastic stuff.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

The camera mode is highly visual – tried that ? https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/ – then there is the easy way of using Hauntfreaks, which of course doesn’t teach you anything and you will come asking again. :unsure:  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/hauntfreaks-fs-pov-repository/#post-88058

Schreibi34
                Participant
                  @schreibi34

Wow, what an update wrd!

Good decission to go back to an already finished table and update it. Especially on a legendary table like Dr. Dude! It looks and plays awesome. Maybe a bit to fast for my old eyes but thats my fault! I really like when a table has some depth and you can see the elevated things more easily.

This time i want to not just thank the “rest of the Team”. This has become way to common over the last year. I know how much work the “rest of the Team” has to do on a table like that so a big thanks to

Cyberpez, Rothbauer, nfozzy, flupper, DJrobx and bord

for your hard, excellent work!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Draifet
                  Participant
                    @draifet

Schreibi34 I agree with u, always a good decission going back for updates, some tables are like night and day since the 1st release.

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

No change to table. Needed to add additional author credits only.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Bills POV is not what you want. Its the one released – the whole reason why you are asking again and again on the same subject. Why don’t you read what I posted a few replies back ?

PinballerinID
                        Participant
                          @pinballerinid

Please forgive a stupid question, but I cannot get this table to rotate correctly on my main monitor in my cab.  Any quick tips to get it to rotate to the correct 270 degrees and out of desktop mode?

Thanks!

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/dr-dude-bally-1990/page/11/#post-94350     :yes:

POOTERMAN
                            Participant
                              @pooterman

Guys can anyone please advise on what script settings need to be changed so that I can see the score screen/dmd on a single monitor setup after I’ve rotated the table 270 degrees so I can play it in portrait mode? Can’t seem to find the line I need to edit :( Thx in advance.

Draifet
                              Participant
                                @draifet

If I understand what are u asking, use the virtual dmd instead of the external one (F1 when playing), drag the dmd to your desired position, double clic on it to save, now u can return to the external dmd again and it will stay at the new position if it’s well configured on the dmdext file. If u need to change the orientation of the virtual dmd, then u need to change the script line with “rol” 0 to 1, sometimes the line don’t exist, but u can copy it from another table. If u don’t see the dmd after switching from 2 screens to only one, and u can’t switch again to the dmd screen to drag it, probably u need to change the position values on the registry to place it on the single screen.

POOTERMAN
                                Participant
                                  @pooterman

Hey Draifet – thanks for the reply. The problem is I can’t even get any dmd/score screen to display on this table. I understand about changing ‘rol -1’ and using regedit to achieve the same thing but the problem is that I just can’t get this table to display any sort of secondary screen that can be used to see the players current score! All I’ve done is rotated the screen 270 degrees using the settings others have posted so that the table is playable in full-screen portrait mode. If I ALT+TAB there is no secondary screen opening in another window etc. This and Woah Nellie are the only 2 tables I’m having this problem on and I know both tables use a very limited scoring screen as oppossed to a conventional DMD display so I figured that might have something to do with it?? Appreciate any help and thanks again for taking the time to reply :)

POOTERMAN
                                  Participant
                                    @pooterman

Fixed my problem – found a line in the script “.Hidden = 1” and changed it to “.Hidden = 0”. Now I can see the DMD :)

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Yep another DD rev.  Lots of new stuff.

First off – REQUIRES VP10.6 BETA TO PLAY

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2z5en6sk07y0jn/Dr%20Dude%20%28Bally%201990%292.2RC.vpx?dl=0

Please give it some play and report any visual or technical concerns, and I will quickly address them.

Includes:

• New physics
                                      • New lighting
                                      • New Saucer Physics
                                      • New visuals
                                      • Ball shadows
                                      • Other stuff

Enjoy and thanks. :)

10 users thanked author for this post.
                                      arconovum
                                      Participant
                                        @nicholaschristopher
                                        MemberContributor

I really like it wrd.. it will definitely become my new DrD fav.

Skitso
                                        Participant
                                          @skitso

Thanks for the update Wrd! The table looks and feels better than ever, but I have one really important reason why I’ll keep using the old version instead: It runs flawlessly 165hz on my system. With the new version the FPS varies between ~100 and 145… I always prioritize framerate and gameplay over visuals, so… if you can’t do some crazy miracles optimizing the table, I just need to stick with the old one.  :unsure:

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Skitso,

Not exactly sure where the performance hit may be coming from. Would you please run the bete in both 10.5 official release and 10.6 beta and see if it might be caused by 10.6. The beta will run on 10.5 but the ball will not drop into the saucers. But you should be able to at least benchmark. I am planning on reducing the size of images before releasing, but I I am not optimistic that will resolve the issue. I also cant think of anything I have added or changed that should be causing that kind of hit.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?