Elvira and the Party Monsters (Bally 1989)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Clark Kent
    Participant
      @clarkkent
      MemberContributor

Never asked but why do the bumpers move to the left when animated? Shouldn’t they go up and down?

Nemo
      Participant
        @nemo

Ohhh man…. what a treat ! Thanks 32assassin & all involved, always was a HUGE Elvira & Scared Stiff fan.

Played Elvira and the Party Monsters IRL countless times, what a surprise to come back from a business trip

and find this superb vpx release. Downed it, played for half an hour on my cab and just had to come down to

write this post and say, yet again, THANKS !

I’m thoroughly impressed with the physics, ball hop, ball stop, and just making the ball go where i want it to go is

soooo good on this one. And then there’s the stunning high-res playfield with that gorgeous lightshow ……… man i’m

going back upstairs just to gaze at it for an hour or so……..4K bliss

Arngrim
        Participant
          @arngrim
          DOF MinisterMember

i finally checked it, plays and looks great :)

here’s updated with soundfx implementation

<span style=”font-family: source_sans_proregular, Arial; font-size: 13px; line-height: 15px;”>https://mega.nz/#!csVwFAZY!SseVV0Ou90_C4wA4bnyrfdl2t_LYtea1kvQIdzZyA08</span&gt;

one thing i couldn’t make it work is to hide the rails in fs mode, the primitive can be hidden easily but ramps, that are in this table, not, if someone has an idea, so the could should be at the else of the else desktopmode = true

ninuzzu
          Participant
            @ninuzzu
            vipMember

Ramps must have an opacity active material (with amount 1) or the show/hide option won’t work.

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

I figured out what was causing the stutter on my machine: My backglass was running in Standard rather than in Exe. Had nothing to do with the table. Changed backglass to Exe, and now ball movement is 100% butter smooth! Looks especially cool winding down that awesome Monster Slide.

What a spectacular table. Thanks again, guys!

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

I am very busy atm. but this was worth a break and move to Cab … wow, thanks assassin :)

Arngrim
                Participant
                  @arngrim
                  DOF MinisterMember

thanks for the tip ninuzzu, i had to add the material which was not there, and bind it to the primitives, works perfectly :)

this change the realism in our cab so much imo :), new link

https://mega.nz/#!Il9QgIbI!Jv8hy4e25p9sL4f3IXj2WNv0-UJQeJk_UmRSKkHFw_4

Clark Kent
                  Participant
                    @clarkkent
                    MemberContributor

In the bumper section of the script you have to replace transx with transy. The animation of the bumpers on the real EATPM is going up and down…

And the hit height of the post between the flippers is 35. Should be 25.

ICPjuggla
                      @icpjuggla
                      MembervipModerator

Who did the physics for this table? Also, what version of VP was this saved in or what version should I playing this table in?

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

In the bumper section of the script you have to replace transx with transy. The animation of the bumpers on the real EATPM is going up and down… And the hit height of the post between the flippers is 35. Should be 25.

awesome sleuthing Clark…. so much better now
                        oh and my overall lighting mods didn’t make the cut either….lol

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

the hit height of the post between the flippers is 35. Should be 25.

It kind of looks like that post is not centered.  Try four clicks to the right and see what you think.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

the hit height of the post between the flippers is 35. Should be 25.

It kind of looks like that post is not centered. Try four clicks to the right and see what you think.

maybe i’m blind or just dumb…. what post are we talking about…

Drybonz
                            Participant
                              @drybonz

The little drain bumper between the flippers.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

I’m pretty sure those two wires right below the flippers are not 45 high as the side walls on the ramps are set, Ramp 8 and Ramp 9 should have a physical wall of like 4 or 6.

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

I’m pretty sure those two wires right below the flippers are not 45 high as the side walls on the ramps are set, Ramp 8 and Ramp 9 should have a physical wall of like 4 or 6.

yeah…. is that what they’re calling posts?… the low wire guides behind the flippers?

the ball should be able to jump over it if its moving fast enough

Drybonz
                                  Participant
                                    @drybonz

Clark and I were talking about Primitive50 and the rubber on it.

Clark Kent
                                    Participant
                                      @clarkkent
                                      MemberContributor

Is there a post at the flippers n the real machine? Do not remember but I think I never saw one.

By the way – the ball rolling sound does not work.

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

I’m pretty sure those two wires right below the flippers are not 45 high as the side walls on the ramps are set, Ramp 8 and Ramp 9 should have a physical wall of like 4 or 6.

yeah…. is that what they’re calling posts?… the low wire guides behind the flippers? the ball should be able to jump over it if its moving fast enough

No, the version of the table arngrim put up has a “ball save” post between the flippers, but as Clark says is it supposed to?  I do not see a hole for one in this pic of a supposedly a NOS playfield.

HauntFreaks
                                          @hauntfreaks
                                          vipContributorMember

yeah I never seen a EATPM with the ball saver…. i always thought that was just a extra ball light insert

Clark Kent
                                          Participant
                                            @clarkkent
                                            MemberContributor

I removed this post – I checked the manual, no word of any post there.

And I found out why the ball rolling sound is not working. The script is ok – the sample was just too silent. I replaced it with a louder one (“borrowed” the rolling sound from a JP table). And changed the value in script line 645 from 2000 to 500. Now the ball rolling sound is working! :)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 141 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?